Factorio for Nintendo Switch is now available!

Regular reports on Factorio development.
FactorioBot
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Factorio for Nintendo Switch is now available!

Post by FactorioBot »

kspatlas
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: Factorio for Nintendo Switch is now available!

Post by kspatlas »

I can finally get my non-pc owning friends to try factorio :D

Rixard86
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Rixard86 »

Woohoo :)
Last edited by Rixard86 on Fri Oct 28, 2022 10:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

onotadaki
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by onotadaki »

Now that you’re done reworking the game for a console, please make an official Steam Deck control scheme and approved status a priority! That would make so many people happy!

aka13
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by aka13 »

You mailed the wrong link in the email, linking to the admin panel: https://admin.factorio.com/blog/preview ... ch-release
Pony/Furfag avatar? Opinion discarded.

Sanqui
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Sanqui »

aka13 wrote:
Fri Oct 28, 2022 10:38 am
You mailed the wrong link in the email, linking to the admin panel: https://admin.factorio.com/blog/preview ... ch-release
Whoops! Luckily only 8% of the emails have been delivered so far. I might also be able to redirect that URL in particular 🤔
ovo

aka13
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by aka13 »

Sanqui wrote:
Fri Oct 28, 2022 10:42 am
aka13 wrote:
Fri Oct 28, 2022 10:38 am
Whoops! Luckily only 8% of the emails have been delivered so far. I might also be able to redirect that URL in particular 🤔
Glad I could help :)
Pony/Furfag avatar? Opinion discarded.

Sanqui
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Sanqui »

It's redirected. Move fast, break things, get creative fixing them 😄 Thanks for letting us know.
ovo

tekki
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by tekki »

Does this support cloud saves between steam and switch?

If that was a thing, I would be instantly in love with this.

Bedders
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Bedders »

Excellent! Time to buy a second copy. Can't wait to have no free time again because I can now play Factorio on-the-go. Great job Devs!
PC | Intel i7 4770k | 2 x GTX 780 | 16GB RAM | 250GB Samsung 840 EVO SSD + 8TB of HDDs | Asus Xonar Essence ST | Sennheiser G4Me Zero headset | Logitech G15 v2

Absolute-Phoenix
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Absolute-Phoenix »

Thanks guys. love how we have a mobile version now. One issue though. When are you pushing the 1.1.70 update to the switch so that we can actually use the cross platform capabilities without having to tech non computer literate people how to downgrade there version of factorion on pc.

posila
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by posila »

Absolute-Phoenix wrote:
Fri Oct 28, 2022 5:15 pm
When are you pushing the 1.1.70 update to the switch so that we can actually use the cross platform capabilities without having to tech non computer literate people how to downgrade there version of factorion on pc.
We were trying to have matching stable version on PC on Switch release date, but I goofed really bad yesterday and marked 1.1.70 as stable 🤦‍♂️

BEWARE! Blueprint library and achivement progress (and save files) are not backward compatible. Downgrading the game will cause loss of blueprint library and achievemnt progress for achievemnts, that are earned across multiple saves!

On Steam, there is beta branch (you can configure it in Factorio properties in Steam library) called "console". It will always match the latest console release, as they take much longer then our PC releases, so the versions probably won't be qble to keep up.

supernet2
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by supernet2 »

How do i use KB/M on the switch version of factorio? I see the cross hair moving when i use bluetooth mouse, and 2.4/5ghz mouse and hardwired. But with keyboard, bluetooth and hardwired/dongled, it wont work. Is there a special setting i should be setting to enable it?

Silari
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Silari »

posila wrote:
Fri Oct 28, 2022 7:31 pm
On Steam, there is beta branch (you can configure it in Factorio properties in Steam library) called "console". It will always match the latest console release, as they take much longer then our PC releases, so the versions probably won't be qble to keep up.
That was an absolutely excellent idea. Is the same version also going to be kept available on the site to download?

Absolute-Phoenix
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Absolute-Phoenix »

supernet2 wrote:
Fri Oct 28, 2022 11:20 pm
How do i use KB/M on the switch version of factorio? I see the cross hair moving when i use bluetooth mouse, and 2.4/5ghz mouse and hardwired. But with keyboard, bluetooth and hardwired/dongled, it wont work. Is there a special setting i should be setting to enable it?
I haven’t tried it yet. But as far as I can tell you have to go into the setting-controls and you can assign the second key for each item to a keyboard binding. Don’t know about movement through as that is now a single setting.

Merssedes
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Merssedes »

Do we need to buy separate account for switch version or we can use existing one?

Sanqui
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Sanqui »

Merssedes wrote:
Sat Oct 29, 2022 9:44 am
Do we need to buy separate account for switch version or we can use existing one?
You are able to use your existing account, just make sure it has a password set on your profile in order to log in from the game.
ovo

fonzdude
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

switch and patch versions

Post by fonzdude »

Will the switch version always have delayed patch updates in relation to the pc's update?

is this Due to Nintendo needing to authorize content?

pc is 1.1.70-1 and switch is 1.1.69-2.

not being able to connect my pc and switch due to version miss match is really annoying.

supernet2
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by supernet2 »

Absolute-Phoenix wrote:
Sat Oct 29, 2022 3:32 am
supernet2 wrote:
I haven’t tried it yet. But as far as I can tell you have to go into the setting-controls and you can assign the second key for each item to a keyboard binding. Don’t know about movement through as that is now a single setting.
Edit: So as it stands, you can't remap keyboard for use on switch. I can say using the ZIM or any remappable key system externally that works but... thats a hundred dollar+ solution to a problem that could be addressed in a update, already premapped out. Just saying, or a toggle in the system menu that enables keyboard/mouse game mode (or it just knows when you use mouse/keyboard). That would help immensely during times i just wanna use kb/m on a smaller gaming machine than a pc.

I know the kb/m work in other games and for inputs when spelling though.

Nice Lil bonus is that they didn't skimp on the game supporting the touch screen. It's 100% fully functional for touch/interacting, something often overlooked.

Now... after playing with out a keyboard and mouse, I realized how much it's to be appreciated to use kb/m. My god, is it so much slower and harder. But most importantly it seems to flow with the game play and works. That had to be chaos for them figuring out a ideal default button combo on the switch.

That said, this opens up factorio for release at some point on Android now too. Its awesome.

Velox
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Velox »

supernet2 wrote:
I found the control scheme really tricky until I pushed R3 and got the 'stick to mouse' I.E. free roaming cursor rather than contextual. I found it way easier like that (to the point that I wondered why it wasn't the default) and actually pretty usable but yeah KBM would be very cool.

You saying you got a BT mouse to work on it? I thought BT on switch was audio only? Wonder what stick / mouse combo would be like? Might be a little better than 2x sticks. That's how I used to play on my GPDWin.

To the devs, guessing your aware that the pop up menus cover a lot of what Factorio guy says in the tutorial? That's the only issue I could see in the hour or so I played yesterday.

New tutorial or at least toning the biters down a bit may be worth considering though as I'm a veteran and I was finding myself swamped a little bit trying to stave off biters on the tutorial. Bit daunting for a new player trying to learn the controls and manage that. I didn't die but came close a couple of times.

Return to “News”