Use heart / star / bookmark instead of gear for server favorite button

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

JasonC
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Use heart / star / bookmark instead of gear for server favorite button

Post by JasonC »

The "favorite" buttons on the multiplayer server list are currently Factorio logos. It is not readily apparent that they are for bookmarking servers. They should be replaced with something more typically indicative of "favorite", such as a heart (♥), star (⭐), or bookmark (🔖) icon (this is the bookmark icon style I'm thinking of, in case the character renders differently for others).

This FR is an extension of this reply to a question I posted, with which I agree.

---

Tbh I'm not sure exactly why I never thought those gears were favorite buttons, but my theories are:
  • Maybe I tune out the Factorio logos subconsciously because they're usually not significant.
  • Maybe I assumed gear = "configuration" of some sort.
  • Maybe I assumed gear indicated "server type" and just accepted that I didn't know what other types their could be.
  • Maybe I thought they were just "bullets" to spice up the list.
Couldn't say for sure, though.
Took a break from 0.12.29 to 0.17.79, and then to ... oh god now it's 1.something. I never know what's happening.

Xorimuth
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Use heart / star / bookmark instead of gear for server favorite button

Post by Xorimuth »

There's a new bookmark icon in the game used in the mod installer for bookmarks from the mod portal. Could use that :D
My mods
Content: Freight Forwarding | Spidertron Patrols | Spidertron Enhancements | Power Overload
QoL: Factory Search | Remote Configuration | Module Inserter Simplified | Wire Shortcuts X | Ghost Warnings

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”