[Klonan] Please add "Copy error message to clipboard" button to mod loading errors

raspberrypuppies
Inserter
Inserter

[Klonan] Please add "Copy error message to clipboard" button to mod loading errors

Post by raspberrypuppies »

When debugging mods or getting bug reports users you either have to retype the error message or take a screenshot of the error. This is a little annoying to work with. Can we have a "Copy error message to clipboard" button to make it easier to share? I know that it's also in the logs but that's harder to get access to in bug reports.
Attachments
error_message.png
error_message.png (29.75 KiB) Viewed 1537 times

Pi-C
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [Klonan] Please add "Copy error message to clipboard" button to mod loading errors

Post by Pi-C »

raspberrypuppies wrote:
Sun Oct 16, 2022 9:48 pm
Can we have a "Copy error message to clipboard" button to make it easier to share?
Did you ever try to to click into the text and copy it? It's not quite obvious, but that should work:
error.png
error.png (70.05 KiB) Viewed 1465 times
A good mod deserves a good changelog. Here's a tutorial (WIP) about Factorio's way too strict changelog syntax!

Silari
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [Klonan] Please add "Copy error message to clipboard" button to mod loading errors

Post by Silari »

That's a different kind of error message. You can't highlight anything in the load error box, so you can't copy it.

Pi-C
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Pi-C »

Silari wrote:
Tue Oct 18, 2022 12:36 am
That's a different kind of error message. You can't highlight anything in the load error box, so you can't copy it.
Correct, sorry for the noise! I've been running an instance of Factorio on my desktop via ssh from the laptop (at a glorious 0.4 FPS), so I didn't want to waste several minutes for restarting the game … :oops:
A good mod deserves a good changelog. Here's a tutorial (WIP) about Factorio's way too strict changelog syntax!

Klonan
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Klonan »

Hi,

Thanks for the report,

I have fixed it for 1.2

Return to “Fixed for 2.0”