We support Ukraine

Regular reports on Factorio development.
ptx0
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: We support Ukraine

Post by ptx0 »

Djmixxx wrote:
Mon Sep 26, 2022 8:12 pm
I would see what kind of crap you would do if you ruled the country so much.
i seem to have touched a nerve discussing Russia's lack of expertise involving diplomacy

vladimir_putin
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by vladimir_putin »

It appears that random (but no doubt Ukranian*) terrorists have blown up the Nordstream gas pipeline to Europe. So unfortunate this would happen right as the gas price seems to be stabilizing.

I graciously offer that Europe stop their pointless and inefficient sanctions and buy my natural gas, otherwise I will (probably) nuke Berlin.

I am a master diplomat.

* Citizen journalists on this forum are working to solve the mystery as we speak.
Former model and currently table-connoisseur. I here for intelligent discussion with fellow lovers of the factory computer game.

vladimir_putin
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by vladimir_putin »

Russians are so eager to denazify temporarily occupied Russian territory in Ukraine, Georgia, Finland, Poland, Estonia, Kazakhstan and Mongolia they are rushing to the border even before they are drafted.
Former model and currently table-connoisseur. I here for intelligent discussion with fellow lovers of the factory computer game.

vladimir_putin
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by vladimir_putin »

The Russian army display superior leadership by tactically regrouping near Lyman and Kherson at the same time while the Ukranian army is advancing in disarray.

enterisys
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by enterisys »

vladimir_putin
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by vladimir_putin »

I am never again putting "surprise me" on my Amazon wish list.

Djmixxx
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Djmixxx »

I hope the opportunity to take a picture against of a big stamp with a scratched Crimean bridge was worth it all.
I think your are confusing my opinion with the truth.

mmmPI
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mmmPI »

In this article :

https://fortune.com/2022/10/08/ukraine- ... ar-effort/

The title is "Ukraine is celebrating an explosion on the Kerch bridge, critical to supplying Putin’s troops"

I think this is the stamp mentionned ? It seem to me that a bridge is worth more than a truck.
A truck explosion on the span’s roadway caused seven fuel tanks on a freight train to ignite as it crossed the span early Saturday, Russia’s National Antiterrorism Committee said, according to the state-run Tass news service.
This is hard to believe though when seeing the video :

https://www.reddit.com/r/UkraineWarVide ... y_footage/
lightblast2.png
lightblast2.png (880.06 KiB) Viewed 2759 times
Hard for me to believe the truck exploding is the source of the light but also i don't have many videos of highly protected bridge being "scratched" this way to compare. Maybe it always happen that the camera catch the light on the bottom of a frame while the upper part was taken a few micro second earlier and doesn't show any light yet, and on this one the truck hasn't exploded yet.

Incredible to think this dangerous of a truck was allowed on the bridge when you know all the security check and scanner required before one is allowed to drive there. Must have been a failure somewhere. which is probably why yet another general was appointed to lead the demilitarization.

FuryoftheStars
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by FuryoftheStars »

Huh, reddit won't load for me as of right now. Both your link and just to the main reddit page.

But yeah, I saw that on the news over the weekend.

Here's one I found on YouTube that shows some of the after-the-fact damage. (Note, I don't know much about Sky News, just linking the video for, well, the video. :P)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ZFPYm_TDPI

I do wonder, though, to your point of the flash starting from the bottom if that could be an affect of the record rate & quality of the camera, or even if there was damage to it (or its transmission line) that caused artifacts like that? No idea, spit balling.

Oh, and supposedly Russia has already reopened the "undamaged" section of bridge. I'd like to know how they seriously think that other section is "undamaged". :lol:
My Mods: Classic Factorio Basic Oil Processing | Sulfur Production from Oils | Wood to Oil Processing | Infinite Resources - Normal Yield | Tree Saplings (Redux) | Alien Biomes Tweaked | Restrictions on Artificial Tiles

vladimir_putin
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by vladimir_putin »

Great day for all Russians!
An unloaded train made it across the Kerch strait bridge which proves it remains the most structurally sound building in all of Russia. Then, this weeks top general got off to a great start by bombing a public park and a playground with cruise missiles.

mmmPI
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mmmPI »

FuryoftheStars wrote:
Mon Oct 10, 2022 8:06 pm
I do wonder, though, to your point of the flash starting from the bottom if that could be an affect of the record rate & quality of the camera, or even if there was damage to it (or its transmission line) that caused artifacts like that? No idea, spit balling.
I would give myself a <5% trusted ratings on my own previous wondering :oops: there are so many parameters that i know i be should knowing about more to make a judgment that i currently ignore and there are also parameters that i'm not even aware i should know about for my judgment to be accurate.

As far as i can tell, it's a video filmed by a camera from a computer screen then posted on the internet. Each of these steps is damaging to the quality of the video, and it's impossible to know what happened before it was displayed on the computer screen to be filmed by the camera. It must have been filmed by yet another camera from the real place maybe other intermediatte processing steps like encoding to send the signals to a monitoring/registering place maybe another encoding to store it somewhere.

The satelites images and other videos from different angles and the synchronized reactions of non-sharing-interest party to the event makes it very likely that it happens, and that it's more than a scratch. But this and for example the gas leak in the Baltic Sea, are event that probably historians more than journalist can explain. Apart from reporting facts occuring the blaming game was done without much facts most likely because if one reveal additionnals details/facts it can also reveal how the information was obtained and compromise sources.

As many times when information is scarce theory flourish, but theory often attempt at finding a rationnal and complete explanation of events with protagonist following their interest while knowing the consequences of their actions. In wartime people fail at things and it backfire, or attempt other things based on incomplete information which makes it appear irrationnal for someone else and leaves historians clueless and discussing endlessly between one or the other theory of "why" "who" "how much who" "how much why".

I don't want to go into that speculative territory.

enterisys
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by enterisys »

Djmixxx wrote:
Mon Oct 10, 2022 7:29 am
I hope the opportunity to take a picture against of a big stamp with a scratched Crimean bridge was worth it all.
Yep, and it is still standing unlike the bridge haha.
Want me to take it again tomorrow? Just for you since you will always have a special place in my heart.
I might even take in the evening since almost all the damage was repaired today and all the light are back online.

enterisys
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by enterisys »

What do think guys, russia launches its cruise missiles once in two months for the 3rd time in the row, but the damage gets repaired in 1 day. Still waiting for the blackout...

enterisys
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by enterisys »

Yesterday nazis launched 84 rockets, today only 28. Can someone with higher than my IQ explain what is happening.

Djmixxx
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Djmixxx »

enterisys wrote:
Tue Oct 11, 2022 5:26 pm
Yesterday nazis launched 84 rockets, today only 28. Can someone with higher than my IQ explain what is happening.
Pizdec happening.
I think your are confusing my opinion with the truth.

ptx0
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by ptx0 »

Djmixxx wrote:
Tue Oct 11, 2022 6:38 pm
enterisys wrote:
Tue Oct 11, 2022 5:26 pm
Pizdec happening.
it seems they are paying you less for your words here. why so abrupt lately? are you unable to find the time to post while retreating?

enterisys
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by enterisys »

It's ok i'll do the job.
Here is another goodwill pov since it's kamikadze month.

Vintors
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Vintors »

ptx0
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by ptx0 »

Vintors wrote:
Mon Oct 24, 2022 1:28 pm