Playing bobs mods as it is meant.

Some mods, made by Bob. Basically streaks every Factroio-area.

Moderator: bobingabout

Hiekie
Inserter
Inserter

Playing bobs mods as it is meant.

Post by Hiekie »

I have currently already spent many hours in the factorio game and man, i love it!

I already completed Industrial revolution 2 , Krastorio 2 and now playing around in a map with a lot of bobs installed.

Actually i am not sure if i am playing bobs as it is meant, a lot of mods installed but not really sure if this is bobs the way it should be.
Is there some kind of package that when you select that. The correct bobs mods are automatically selected and activated?

The only things i want more beside this package is the "Squeek through " mod and angels mass transit (i really like those trains)

valneq
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Playing bobs mods as it is meant.

Post by valneq »

Bob's Mods are extremely modular, you can pick and chose which ones you want. They should correctly recognize which other of bob's mods is active and modify themselves accordingly.

In that sense, there are nigh-infinitely many "ways to play bob's as it is meant".

This is not helpful. But may I ask what you expect bob's mods to do for you?
Just activating the mods does not always do the trick, sometimes you need to actively go through their mod settings and modify them to your desire.

If it is only about *loading* all of bob's mods, this is exactly a problem that annoyed me at some point so I made a non-official (third-party?) modpack that just pulls in all of bob's mods (except Clock) and adds in locale translations and artisanal reskins. You can doublecheck which mods will be pulled in as dependencies, the mod itself does nothing:
https://mods.factorio.com/mod/vq-modpack-bobs/downloads

Also, when in doubt, after activating all of bob's mods, reset mod settings to default, go through all settings again and check if you want them modified.

There are other modpacks that pull in all of bob's mods, but most of them embellish the collection with other gameplay-modifying mods. My modpack does not do that. It is only a convenient way to activate all of bob's mods (except clock).

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Playing bobs mods as it is meant.

Post by bobingabout »

Basically, the correct way to play Bob's Mods as they're meant to be, is to install them all.
viewtopic.php?f=51&t=55347 This topic lists them all, the dropbox links are a bit out of date now though as the latest versions aren't on there.

Reset options to default if needed, and the only option that I'd recommend you change for the best starting point is the one in Bobtech for Burner stage, which doesn't play nice with other mods.

Now you're at the starting point, this is where you customise. Turn off mods you don't like, EG, Electronics, because it's too complicated. Change some of the settings, EG, turn on God modules setting, because you like things a bit more OP, etc etc.

There's a lot of options to explore. It's also very reliant on game engine mechanics. What I mean by this is that it will use pretty much nothing in the way of scripting, and be very dependant on just changing and adding recipe chains, and higher tiers of machine. In places where they behave differently, like Fluid power sources, the game engine itself was modified to perform this function. The main events that actually use a script is when there's a non-vanilla GUI added to the game, like Classes, or the Inserter customisation. The clock is one of the most script heavy mods in the pack, and even then is very light weight.
Creator of Bob's mods. Expanding your gameplay since version 0.9.8.
I also have a Patreon.

Return to “Bob's mods”