Bugs & FAQ

Infinite Ores, Refining, Ore Processing ...

Moderator: Arch666Angel

KiwiHawk
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: Bugs & FAQ

Post by KiwiHawk »

Danjen wrote:
Tue Sep 20, 2022 12:35 am
Iron ore can't be smelted directly
The early game production chain used to be:
Saphirite Ore => Crushed Saphirite => Iron Ore => Iron Plates

But it looks like that's been changed. This is pretty significant for me, since I often play marathon games with 5x researach. With these settings, it takes about 2-3 hours to research Mechanical Refining for the Ore Sorter, after which point I would go for the molten casting stuff (requires steel).
I had a look at that save game and everything seems to be correct and as expected. One of the reasons why the ore to plate recipes were disabled is because they weren't actually an efficiency upgrade.

Directly smelting crushed ore:
100 crushed saphirite > 66.6 iron plate

Sorting then directly smelting ore (recipes now disabled):
100 crushed saphirite > 37.5 iron plate + 18.76 copper plate (56.26 total plates) + 25 slag

Sorting then metallurgy:
100 crushed saphirite > 50 iron plate + 25 copper plate (75 total) + 25 slag
Danjen wrote:
Tue Sep 20, 2022 12:35 am
... But since I can't use the Iron Ore it makes yet, and now have to research steel before getting ANY efficiency upgrades, that change to the iron ore will probably add another 5 or 6 hours of playtime, which is pretty disappointing.
Next version of Angel's, Blast Furnace, Induction Furnace, and Casting Machine will no longer require steel. So you will be able to get efficiency upgrades sooner!
Dev for Bob's mods, Angel's mods, Helmod, Sea Block, Circuit Processing, Science Cost Tweaker.

Buy me a coffee

Danjen
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Danjen »

Alright, well thanks for putting up with my questions then. Looking forward to the next patch :)

KiwiHawk
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by KiwiHawk »

silvernova115 wrote:
Wed Sep 07, 2022 1:52 am
narrowed down to an issue with APM nuclear fork mod. idk a fix though.
Thanks! That helped reproduce the issue. Will be fixed in the next version of Angel's.
Dev for Bob's mods, Angel's mods, Helmod, Sea Block, Circuit Processing, Science Cost Tweaker.

Buy me a coffee

kittenface
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by kittenface »

i have only angels-refining enabled and no enemies spawn.
after playing around with the generation settings, i found out that the mod disables spawns if size of "Angel's enemy multiplier" is equal or below 100%.
this is not intuitive at all and the solution to increase angels-enemy-slider's size should at least be mentioned in the faq.

complete disablement should only happen if either "Enemy bases" or "Angel's enemy multiplier" is toggled off with the checkmark.

Firejack
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Firejack »

Hey, got this error tonight.
The mod Angel's Bioprocessing (0.7.22) caused a non-recoverable error.
Please report this error to the mod author.

Error while running event angelsbioprocessing::on_player_main_inventory_changed (ID 34)
LuaTechnology doesn't contain key type.
stack traceback:
[C]: in function '__index'
__angelsbioprocessing__/control.lua:163: in function <__angelsbioprocessing__/control.lua:158>
Factorio 1.1.70 Multiplayer
Running Seablock pack 0.5.11: viewtopic.php?f=190&t=93136
plus
Far reach 1.1.2
ModuleInserterER 5.2.5
Squeak Through 1.8.2
Textplates 0.6.10
Recipe Book 3.5.0
Factory Planner 1.1.59

Thanks for an awesome mod!

KiwiHawk
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by KiwiHawk »

Firejack wrote:
Fri Nov 11, 2022 12:11 am

I've already fixed this, ready for the next version. Glad to hear that you're enjoying it ☺️

Buy me a coffee

lamoxd
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by lamoxd »

KiwiHawk wrote:
Fri Nov 11, 2022 3:45 am
Firejack wrote:
Fri Nov 11, 2022 12:11 am

I've already fixed this, ready for the next version. Glad to hear that you're enjoying it ☺️
Any word on this fix version? Just had the same crash myself

KiwiHawk
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by KiwiHawk »

lamoxd wrote:
Fri Dec 16, 2022 12:28 am
Any word on this fix version? Just had the same crash myself
We're aiming to have a new version out by the end of the year.

Buy me a coffee

Akronymus
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Akronymus »

Because searching hasn't led me to a result: How compatible are science/component overhauls with full bobs + full angels + madclown? Asking, because I ran into problems with a similar pack before, where I had added AAI which caused problems with science I only noticed 2 hours later.

KiwiHawk
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by KiwiHawk »

Akronymus wrote:
Tue Jan 03, 2023 5:43 pm
Because searching hasn't led me to a result: How compatible are science/component overhauls with full bobs + full angels + madclown? Asking, because I ran into problems with a similar pack before, where I had added AAI which caused problems with science I only noticed 2 hours later.
I'm not sure about madclown's mods. I haven't done testing with them. It should work though. If not, report it and it so it can be fixed 🙂

The rest should definitely be fully compatible.

Buy me a coffee

Akronymus
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Akronymus »

KiwiHawk wrote:
Tue Jan 03, 2023 6:40 pm
Akronymus wrote:
Tue Jan 03, 2023 5:43 pm
I'm not sure about madclown's mods. I haven't done testing with them. It should work though. If not, report it and it so it can be fixed 🙂

The rest should definitely be fully compatible.
Might as well mention the previous problems: With AAI + full bobs + angels science overhaul, there is a technology loop via steam power (also, a softlock) that doesn't get detected. If I disable the science overhaul, the loop does get detected. Another problem I ran into, was that with space extension, space extension tries to use a science pack that can't be unlocked in the angels science overhaul.

And yeah, so far it seems that the mods are working (looked extensively through the various sciences)

ticketguru
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by ticketguru »

I have an issue with my current game. I am trying to make explosives using the Angel's explosive 1 or explosives 2 recipes, the glycerol or toluene recipes. I have the research done and recipes show in my craft list, but no machine is assigned to those recipes that can make them. I looked over the recipe definition in the source, and to my inexperienced eye, they seem correct.

UPDATE: I found the issue. The recipes need the advanced-chemistry category instead chemistry. Also, nitroglycerin update in prototype/global-override/bobwarfare.lua is wrong; in the patch_recipes call, change crafting_category to just category.
Last edited by ticketguru on Thu Jan 12, 2023 5:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

omiwatari1_3
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by omiwatari1_3 »

In angelsindustries, there seems to be a lack of recipes where battery frame 6 is used.
The only recipe available is for frame 6 to be used for the battery casing, and given the regularity of the recipe, frame 6 should be used for battery 6 as well.

Others have already posted this below, but it appears that it has not been corrected to date, so I am reporting it.
viewtopic.php?f=185&t=101523

Sorry if the recipe is not incorrect.

lovely_santa
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by lovely_santa »

ticketguru wrote:
Wed Jan 11, 2023 11:29 pm
I have an issue with my current game. I am trying to make explosives using the Angel's explosive 1 or explosives 2 recipes, the glycerol or toluene recipes. I have the research done and recipes show in my craft list, but no machine is assigned to those recipes that can make them. I looked over the recipe definition in the source, and to my inexperienced eye, they seem correct.

UPDATE: I found the issue. The recipes need the advanced-chemistry category instead chemistry. Also, nitroglycerin update in prototype/global-override/bobwarfare.lua is wrong; in the patch_recipes call, change crafting_category to just category.
This was also reported on github (#888).
Indeed, the explosive II and III recipes require advanced-chemistry and nitroglycerine is updating the crafting category wrongly.
We've also updated (fixed) the unit test 009 to catch these kind of errors in the future.
The unit test also caught the recipe bob-fertiliser requiring advanced-chemistry instead of chemistry.

All 4 issues fixed for the next (patch) release!
omiwatari1_3 wrote:
Sat Jan 14, 2023 12:07 am
In angelsindustries, there seems to be a lack of recipes where battery frame 6 is used.
The only recipe available is for frame 6 to be used for the battery casing, and given the regularity of the recipe, frame 6 should be used for battery 6 as well.

Others have already posted this below, but it appears that it has not been corrected to date, so I am reporting it.
viewtopic.php?f=185&t=101523

Sorry if the recipe is not incorrect.
Whoops, we must've mist it between all other bugs... feel free to re-report bugs if you think we skipped something... I try to keep up with all reports...

This was also reported (recently) on github (#886).
This is now fixed for the next release!
You can find all my mods on the mod portal. Also helping on Arch666Angel's mods.

omiwatari1_3
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by omiwatari1_3 »

Thanks for the reply, lovely_santa!
It's totally fine. I am relieved that it was not an intentional recipe.

Yes, I will report it here when I do.
Thanks for the great mod, I'm rooting for you!

vegasnik
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by vegasnik »

Why is Molten cobalt recipe disabled when Bob plates is present?

KiwiHawk
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by KiwiHawk »

vegasnik wrote:
Tue Jan 17, 2023 11:33 am
Why is Molten cobalt recipe disabled when Bob plates is present?
Because there's no use for it. It's only for making Cobalt Plates. But they are disabled too.

Are there any recipes in your game which use cobalt plates? If so, can you please upload a blank save file so I can sync to it. Create a new game, save it, then attach the save file here. New game will have a much smaller save file.

Buy me a coffee

MyWay
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by MyWay »

I am playing with notnotmelon's Fluid Memory Storage and it won't work anymore with Angel Fluids, regular water (at 15C) and two other mod fluids (both at 25C) work just fine. Why are all fluids now getting close to 0C?

canisdirusleidy
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by canisdirusleidy »

"Advanced Chemistry" is required to study "Oil steam cracking 1", but not for "Gas steam cracking 1". Is this a bug or is it intended that way?

Farb_Fehler
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Farb_Fehler »

Hallo,

mir ist gerade aufgefallen das das zweite Rezept vom Dünger kaputt ist. Es fehlt die Adv. Chemiefabrik zum auswählen.

Grüße Farb_Fehler
Die Übersetzung wurde von DeepL erstellt
Edit: Bild vom Debug nachgereicht

Hello,

I just noticed that the second recipe of the fertilizer is broken. It is missing the Adv. chemical plant to select.

Greetings Farb_Fehler

The translation was made by DeepL
Edit: Picture of the debug added
Factorio Bug Angel.png
Factorio Bug Angel.png (791.22 KiB) Viewed 2606 times
Factorio Bug Angel 2.png
Factorio Bug Angel 2.png (433.71 KiB) Viewed 2545 times

Return to “Angels Mods”