[1.1.69] Game freezes after any user input

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
Eggywontgrow
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

[1.1.69] Game freezes after any user input

Post by Eggywontgrow »

My game loads fine, and will start-up the save file okay. But as soon as I give any user input (a key press, scrolling or clicking with mouse) the game will freeze. See example video where the game freezes as soon as I scroll out.
  • I don't get any error messages.
  • It is only the game that freezes, the PC is fine, and I can close Factorio with the task manager.
  • Once I load into the game, it seems like Factorio runs fine indefinetly; the game runs fine for several minutes, but as soon as there is any user input it freezes
  • It seems to only happen with my Pyanodons save files: vanilla new game, SE+K2, IR2 save files were fine.
  • The Pyanodons and SE+K2 save files/bases are equal in size and complexity so I don't think it's related to that. My PC was running all the above save files fine until 2022-09-20
  • The first time this happened was when I tried to paste a huge blueprint; the game froze, I assumed this blueprint was just too ambitious for my PC, and restarted Factorio. But then the above issues kept happening.
Any ideas?
Attachments
Factorio Crash.mp4
(14.35 MiB) Downloaded 54 times

Return to “Technical Help”