[1.1.69] Name on map doesn't update when changed on website

Bugs that are actually features.
Ellemes
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

[1.1.69] Name on map doesn't update when changed on website

Post by Ellemes »

I haven't played factorio since 0.17.69, made a new game and saw my name didn't match with my steam name. I changed it on the website and restarted the game and no luck, went into the settings in factorio and logged out and back in again and now the name shows up corectly in the settings but it is still incorect on the map, even after restarting the game again.

Edit: this also effects the last user information.

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [1.1.69] Name on map doesn't update when changed on website

Post by Rseding91 »

Thanks for the report however this is working as intended. The name is stored in the map per-player so if you change your name outside the map (on the website) the save file will still have the old name. New save files will have your new name.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

Lizzy
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Lizzy »

I see. That means trans people are forced to abandon all previous saves. I'm glad I didn't get too far in Space Exploration. -_-

Bilka
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Bilka »

Lizzy wrote:
Mon Apr 03, 2023 2:38 pm
I see. That means trans people are forced to abandon all previous saves. I'm glad I didn't get too far in Space Exploration. -_-
Host the old save file in multiplayer, you should get a new character. Then do the command /swap-players old_name and save the game. Then you can reload in singleplayer and you should have the correct name and your old inventory.
I'm an admin over at https://wiki.factorio.com. Feel free to contact me if there's anything wrong (or right) with it.

Lizzy
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Lizzy »

Bilka wrote:
Mon Apr 03, 2023 5:40 pm
Lizzy wrote:
Mon Apr 03, 2023 2:38 pm
Host the old save file in multiplayer, you should get a new character. Then do the command /swap-players old_name and save the game. Then you can reload in singleplayer and you should have the correct name and your old inventory.
This required running multiplayer from headless, but it did work! Thank you! :D

Return to “Not a bug”