[1.1.69] “Activate tooltip” control does nothing in most cases.

We are aware of them, but they have low priority. We have more important things to do. They go here in order not to take space in the main bug thread list.
NotRexButCaesar
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

[1.1.69] “Activate tooltip” control does nothing in most cases.

Post by NotRexButCaesar »

If the control “Activate tooltip” is set to a regular key on the keyboard (A-Z, modifiers viz. shift, control, alt), then pressing that key does not activate the tooltips for menu tooltips (e. g. for settings) but the key will activate entity tooltips. If the control for “Activate tooltip” is set to a function key (F1-F24), then the key works as expected, revealing the tooltip when hovering over the text or the small information icon & it will also work for entity tooltips.

I believe this bug is a recent regression because I remember being able to use the shift key in previous versions (1.1.lower version); it is very irritating because it means I am no longer able to use the shift key to reveal these tooltips.

I have attached a video demonstrating what I mean as I am not sure my description is clear.
video
Attachments
2022-09-17 21-30-45.mp4
(8.75 MiB) Downloaded 70 times
Last edited by NotRexButCaesar on Sun Sep 25, 2022 11:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
—Crevez, chiens, si vous n'étes pas contents!

NotRexButCaesar
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [1.1.69] “Activate tooltip” control is broken.

Post by NotRexButCaesar »

I noticed further that the control does work for blueprint menu tooltips; it is perhaps only the settings gui which is broken?
—Crevez, chiens, si vous n'étes pas contents!

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [1.1.69] “Activate tooltip” control does nothing in most cases.

Post by Rseding91 »

Looking at this; it's specific to being in a multiplayer game while also going to the settings menu. The reason it doesn't work is while in the menu in multiplayer the menu blocks keyboard keys from being sent to the running game. In single player the game is paused so it won't do the actions anyway. I don't see a nice solution to this currently and since it only happens in this edge case I'm going to move this to minor issues.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

Return to “Minor issues”