corrupted savegame

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
mistakee001
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

corrupted savegame

Post by mistakee001 »

hi, my savegame world is corrupted when i try to open it its show me this "badzipfile" i was not able to save ...
how its happened ... i was playing then my laptop suddenly shut down .. opened laptop .. then i went for the game and its works as normal after few minutes playing
i left my main save before i leave tried to save game but its showed me as i remember "cant save ... bad zip file or smth like that" then i tried to save more worlds to avoid losing it but for the all save its showed me that "bad zip file" so i left my main world after that .... then after somehours i come back to factorio ... my main save when i try to open its says as the pic below .. so is there any way to fix it .......
game version 1.1.57

i love this game so much alots of hours playing ...
sorry im not good at english but thats my best, thank u <3
Attachments
Screenshot 2022-09-15 120018.png
Screenshot 2022-09-15 120018.png (6.88 KiB) Viewed 648 times
abed111.zip
(16.13 MiB) Downloaded 38 times

boskid
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: corrupted savegame

Post by boskid »

Unfortunately there is not much that can be done with this zip file. It is corrupted. I was able to recover level.dat33 up to level.dat73 but there are parts from dat0 to dat32 missing and any gap will make this save file not recoverable.

mistakee001
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by mistakee001 »

oh :/ sad
.. i have a save from same world <the corrupted world> that was 2 - 3 weeks ago from the corrupted world its was <backup> its from level.dat0 to level.dat50
and its work <but its an old save> so can it be merged with the corrupted world to restore the level dat missing ?

here is the old save
Attachments
abed.zip
(19.4 MiB) Downloaded 32 times

boskid
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by boskid »

Merging of level data chunks from different save files is not allowed, it will not give anything usable.

Return to “Technical Help”