Factorio confessions

Post all other topics which do not belong to any other category.
blazespinnaker
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Factorio confessions

Post by blazespinnaker »

no, they're persistent little buggers. my tactic is I run outside the logistic boundary and back in a few times, in hopes of tempting them to move away from where I plan on transfering whatever I've stashed. They're clever though, they seem to know what I'm trying to do and keep going back to lay in wait. Plus there's so many of them lurking everywhere.
OptimaUPS Mod, pm for info.

ichVII
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by ichVII »

It doesn't. It only turns off auto trash (stuff being moced from your inventory into the trash slots). The bots still will take stuff from your trash inventory.

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

Standing at the edge of your base under regular attack, phone call comes in and you forget about the game, going to sleep, going to work and in the evening see, that Factorio is already loaded and nothing has changed. Nothing.Did it run the hole night and day? I can’t tell, nothing has changed.

It’s like lite in the refrigerator; you don’t know, if it really turns off, if you close the door.
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

FuryoftheStars
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by FuryoftheStars »

blazespinnaker wrote:
Wed Sep 14, 2022 4:19 pm
Another confession, I struggle to escape and lure logistics bots away when they try to steal from those extra rows of inventory that magically appear when I get the logistics technology. It's handy having more space to stash stuff, but sadly the log bots become a bunch of stalking little thieves that follow me around everywhere. I don't know how other people do it, but I have yet to learn how to properly give them the slip. Maybe they are more trouble than they are worth
It's possible other people don't do it, seems those slots are meant specifically for automatically handing off inventory you don't want to the logistic bots. ;)
My Mods: Classic Factorio Basic Oil Processing | Sulfur Production from Oils | Wood to Oil Processing | Infinite Resources - Normal Yield | Tree Saplings (Redux) | Alien Biomes Tweaked | Restrictions on Artificial Tiles

mmmPI
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mmmPI »

I have this game with an island that has only 1 train, it killed me twice already.

Tertius
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Tertius »

I haven't loaded my main map for a month, because I rather load my sandbox and solve other people's challenges, as well as refining my already very refined blueprints.
There is this nice nuclear reactor blueprint I developed. Then there came that forum thread about fluid behavior. Me on todo: reorganize steam flow according to all the new things I learnt in that thread. Result after 1 evening of extensive reorganizing: steam flow was already optimal.

And if a train hits me, I load the last autosave to pretend it didn't happen. I cannot stand seeing that marked spot with my corpse, especially after I once got hit a second time while picking up my items and even a third time after that. And that was a mining outpost and not even my busy base.

aka13
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by aka13 »

Until very recently I did not even know, you can continue after you die. I simply reloaded. There was not a continue before, was there?
Pony/Furfag avatar? Opinion discarded.

mmmPI
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mmmPI »

I don't remember when it was added , but i'm pretty sure when i started the game in single player if you died you had to reload the save, it was written "GAME OVER", now it's just written "bad luck".

In multiplayer you'd always respawn as far as i remember. I think too that at one point the single player behavior became like the multiplayer one.

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Koub »

It took me over 2 years and a half and somewhere between 500 and 1000 hours on Factorio before I felt ready to try trains (simple, no crossings, just back and forth between 2 stations) and probably the double before I actually built a real - albeit rudimentary - rail network in one of my games.
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

fishycat
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by fishycat »

I can see ghosts.

T-A-R
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by T-A-R »

I never forget the ban appeal for accidentally triggering a nuclear rocket inside the factory, the moment i was promoted to regular on a community server.

JimBarracus
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by JimBarracus »

I use exclusivly blue underground belts and splitters once I automated them.

Even when I use slower belts and dont need the additional length.

Tertius
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Tertius »

It is this ultimate feeling of power. You are the master, the master of Armageddon.
You build this slightly bigger base. Say 5k SPM. A hundred mines, smelters and refineries. Factories over factories for all refined and even more refined products. You feel the urge to optimize one of the science production lines, for example to save one tiny belt tile. As automated as you are, you just deconstruct the old production lines and deploy the updated blueprint. A small oversight from your side, so the production lines for this science stalls, but you don't immediately realize it. The lines runs empty, and the whole world stops.
The. Whole. World. Stops.

(it's the same kind of power I guess that automotive supply workers feel when they go to strike)

maxp779
Inserter
Inserter

Post by maxp779 »

I have around 1500 hours in game and just learned a few weeks ago you can add buttons to the right of the quickbar at the bottom. Like you're not limited to just the default of 4.

Eketek
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Eketek »

Sometimes, particularly while riding a train without first preparing for the task at hand, I'll use an immediate solution for an immediate problem:
the_world_is_my_active_provider_chest.png
the_world_is_my_active_provider_chest.png (544.58 KiB) Viewed 1726 times

Return to “General discussion”