personal roboport SLOW RESPONSE when fixing vehicles and other stuff.(v0.17.79)

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
SharpDShot
Inserter
Inserter

Re: personal roboport SLOW RESPONSE when fixing vehicles and other stuff.(v0.17.79)

Post by SharpDShot »

Loewchen wrote:
Fri Apr 10, 2020 1:54 pm
SharpDShot wrote:
Fri Apr 10, 2020 8:54 am
Here is the latest save and it's from v0.18.18 i tested a lot of things both are the same in 0.17.79 and v0.18.18 same results
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1I3pPf ... J-3qzxCRcI
No clue what "a lot of things" are.
I thought that something went wrong in SAVING progress process a lot of games have this issues so things get bugged at the end.. so i started to go back before i searched the personal roboport and replaced things, deleted things, downloaded other saves, downloaded other game versions to see what the cause of this..

in shortcut.. i've downloaded 15GB and searched all over the internet and found some ppl having this problem and some suggestion some solutions.. so here it is this what i've done

SharpDShot
Inserter
Inserter

Re: personal roboport SLOW RESPONSE when fixing vehicles and other stuff.(v0.17.79)

Post by SharpDShot »

Loewchen wrote:
Fri Apr 10, 2020 1:54 pm
SharpDShot wrote:
Fri Apr 10, 2020 8:54 am
Here is the latest save and it's from v0.18.18 i tested a lot of things both are the same in 0.17.79 and v0.18.18 same results
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1I3pPf ... J-3qzxCRcI
No clue what "a lot of things" are, but if something in this save gets damaged in personal roboport range it gets instantly repaired.

Well after i gave up on personal roboport...

But after couple hours of gameplay while i was attacking bitters nests and always my tank get damaged,i stopped after killing all to repair, suddenly the bot went out to repair the tank i almost feel that i'm imagining this !

Till now i don't know what happened to make them work as they should

You guys made the game and you know better.. i think maybe cuz i had a lot of repair needed like you said,

But even after the repairs was over and nothing needs repairs it wasn't working.. suddenly it just worked GREAT !

i never report anything.. only after i had enough of it and i know for sure that there something wrong with the game..

my base looks like it's crowded and looks awful i know..

but ever since my first time i played the game i was doing great but after some updates over the years the bitters become more aggrissive that i'm sure of, so i started some new games trying to build my base fast.. but always they overrun me but i managed to keep it together this time. :D

The point is i played the game since it came out i faced a lot of problems but this one i was giving up cuz the bots are almost everything in mid game they provide a lot of help..

And thanks a lot for your help.

If i faced anything i'll let you know.

Kind Regards.

BlueTemplar
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by BlueTemplar »

I have a similar issue, except not only for vehicles, but even for walls !

It just feels like the personal conbots randomly take their time to repair entities (while dead entity replacement is very quickly acted upon). Just now I've seen all of the 20/50 bots that I have available fail to all come out to do repairs. And at least this time they came out pretty much instantly, while other times it can take many seconds for them to do so !

(Heavily) modded megabase save available upon request.
BobDiggity (mod-scenario-pack)

BlueTemplar
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by BlueTemplar »

Is this issue so rare ?!?

P.S.: Or is it because I'm walking too fast, so the game thinks I'm a vehicle (and deploys «bot-saving» measures) ?
(Though this also happens in places where there are no tiles, and I'm frequently stopping too...)

ColonelSandersLite
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by ColonelSandersLite »

BlueTemplar wrote:
Sat Sep 10, 2022 9:54 am
I have a similar issue, except not only for vehicles, but even for walls !

It just feels like the personal conbots randomly take their time to repair entities (while dead entity replacement is very quickly acted upon). Just now I've seen all of the 20/50 bots that I have available fail to all come out to do repairs. And at least this time they came out pretty much instantly, while other times it can take many seconds for them to do so !

(Heavily) modded megabase save available upon request.
Are you aware that there's a limited construction job queue? Do you have a crapload of build and/or repair jobs that the job manager is trying to cycle through when this happens? If I was a betting man, that's where my money would be.

BlueTemplar
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by BlueTemplar »

Nope, that's not it.
I have a very limited amount of conbots in my base anyway, as the mk1 pyconbots die very quickly and EN MASSE to up to x2 damage flame turrets, so there's typically under 100 of them at any given time, spread over a quite large area.
So I also hardly use them to build, preferring doing it by hand or with my personal conbots.
Also, shouldn't these queues be per logistic network anyway ?

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Rseding91 »

BlueTemplar wrote:
Wed Sep 14, 2022 8:39 pm
... Also, shouldn't these queues be per logistic network anyway ?
They can't be; because construction areas can overlap and one or more of the overlapping construction areas might be able to service a given entity needing repairs. Knowing what networks overlap a given entity is what takes most of the time when trying to dispatch robots.

Post your save file and I can tell you how many entities you have needing repair.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

ColonelSandersLite
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by ColonelSandersLite »

Also, the number of bots you have has little to do with it. A lack of bots makes the problem worse. Basically the job manager cycles through jobs and then tries to assign a bot to each. This manager is only allowed to hold a certain number of jobs in the queue at a time for performance reasons and holds them open for a certain number of ticks hoping for a bot/supplies to become available. If you have enough bots and supplies, the manager can dispatch literally thousands of the little guys in short order. If you don't, the manager can really choke when there's a lot of orders.
The limitation is in how many jobs the manager can juggle at once.

I would bet that putting a stack (or 3) of conbots and repair packs in each network resolves the problem.

BlueTemplar
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by BlueTemplar »

Right, because there no such thing as a construction network, only a logistic network, and roboports are linked according to them ?
(Also, there would be no (not-)«network» overlap here anyway, since only my personal conbots are in range.)

I don't really see why this would be an issue here (I also have the usual setup of conbot refilling when 0 available).
So I have enough conbots (and repair packs) in both (not-)«networks».

(v1.1.68) 43 Mo save file here.
(IIRC mods *should* all correspond to what's on the portal, with Picker Pipe Tools being one sub-sub-version behind latest.)

You can see the behaviour that I am describing by walking immediately to the East towards the damaged wall, then continuing to the North.

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Rseding91 »

You have 921 things needing repair:
Capture.png
Capture.png (180.42 KiB) Viewed 1440 times
That means that at 1 failure per tick it will take 15.25 seconds before it checks all of them once and starts over. If the roboports had repair packs and robots it would cycle through them all and send robots at a rate of 3 per tick or 5.16 seconds at which point there would be a robot sent to repair everything and all future repair jobs would get robots sent to repair them almost immediately.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

BlueTemplar
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by BlueTemplar »

Wait, are you saying that even entities outside of conbot repair range matter for this ?!

What's the reason for doing it like this ? (Personal roboport moving *in* range at any moment ?)

Yet again, the issue is not with a lack of robots or repair packs *inside* the «network» (the main base one, and the personal one too, at least at that specific moment), for instance these «to repair» and «entity ghost» jobs are probably overwhelmingly for walls in the south-eastern lead, coal and borax outpost, which is NOT covered by roboports.

And as I just checked, those «tile ghosts» jobs are also there :
a future direct walking path going from (roughly) the main base and passing near coal and borax that I drew literally hundreds of hours ago, and always having been outside even my personal robopot range while I'm staying inside walls, it's not going to be done any time soon !

Return to “Gameplay Help”