Wind noise [1.1.68]

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
aka13
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Wind noise [1.1.68]

Post by aka13 »

I swear to god, I did not change anything, and I update the game when the release hits, steam more or less does not let you play, if you do not.
I played about every couple of days the last week, and there was no wind sound in my save. None. I play the same save, I did not change hardware, I did not install mods.
But now there is REALLY LOUD wind sounds when I am standing around, since today.

I am sure, there must be something I changed, to cause the change in sound, but I can't figure out what it might have been.
Perhaps someone has an idea?
Pony/Furfag avatar? Opinion discarded.

Donion
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: Wind noise [1.1.68]

Post by Donion »

Hello, since 1.1.62 there is a new default audio mixer, if you're on stable branch on steam, you're getting it now with 1.1.68. The audio is on average ~6dB louder.
There were no changes specific to the wind sound volume.
Check your Sounds settings, there is a volume slider for Wind.
If the issues persists, please post a short video clip showing it, screenshot of your sound settings and a log, we'll move this to bug reports and go from there.

Return to “Technical Help”