[1.1.68] Desync problem without any mod

Place for things which are bugs but we have no idea how to solve them. Things related to hardware, libraries, strange setups, etc.
hobidon35-
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

[1.1.68] Desync problem without any mod

Post by hobidon35- »

I'm having a desync problem in version 1.1.68. i've tried a lot of solutions. but none of them worked. we are playing 3 friends. i am constantly getting the problem of desync while the other two players are playing smoothly.
P.S. We are not using any mod. just raw game.
Attachments
desync-report-2022-09-07_21-22-52.zip
(15.97 MiB) Downloaded 54 times

robot256
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [1.1.68] Desync problem without any mod

Post by robot256 »

Do you get desyncs when playing on any other servers? With no mods installed the first thing to check is system reliability. Try disabling overclocking (on RAM in particular) and running MemTest to see if a problem is reported.

hobidon35-
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by hobidon35- »

I have the same problem with all the servers I have entered, I am also sure that there is no mod installed. There doesn't seem to be an error in my memtest reports

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Rseding91 »

The log file shows you're running the game in compatibility mode for windows 8; is there a reason you're doing that?
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

hobidon35-
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by hobidon35- »

I was trying to solve the problem myself, I was having the same problem before doing this, I just wanted to try :roll:

boskid
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by boskid »

The desync report is really clean, it has basically no noise: all the differences can be explained by an electric network's energy transfer difference: There is research progress difference because of the lab's energy difference, there are inserter energy source energy differences, there are some mining drill energy source energy differences, science packs inside of the lab have different durability left, there are some pollution differences. Everything can be explained by wrong value of energy to transfer, but there are no differences in the boiler fuel nor with coal on belts. I have no idea what would cause this type of a desync other than a hardware issue as otherwise we would be receiving a lot more of those desyncs.

vitodon
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by vitodon »

boskid wrote:
Thu Sep 08, 2022 6:44 am
The desync report is really clean, it has basically no noise: all the differences can be explained by an electric network's energy transfer difference: There is research progress difference because of the lab's energy difference, there are inserter energy source energy differences, there are some mining drill energy source energy differences, science packs inside of the lab have different durability left, there are some pollution differences. Everything can be explained by wrong value of energy to transfer, but there are no differences in the boiler fuel nor with coal on belts. I have no idea what would cause this type of a desync other than a hardware issue as otherwise we would be receiving a lot more of those desyncs.
Hey. I'm one of the friends the owner of the post played with. What you're saying makes perfect sense. Hobidon35 does not get this error until it reaches the electric energy and laboratory stage. There is no problem using the coal fuel system at the beginning of the game yet. but as I said, after developing a little, he begins to get this error. His ram is not using overclocking. We've even done Memtest many times. But there is nothing wrong with the ram. My question is this. Is ram the main hardware that provides synchronization in the game? if not, the cpu, etc. do things like that have an effect?

FuryoftheStars
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by FuryoftheStars »

Curiosity question: for MP, does the game do any checking of all game files, or just the game version? I'm wondering if maybe somehow one of the base files for the prototypes has been altered for this one person? If using the Steam version, I'd recommend maybe trying to verify the install?
My Mods: Classic Factorio Basic Oil Processing | Sulfur Production from Oils | Wood to Oil Processing | Infinite Resources - Normal Yield | Tree Saplings (Redux) | Alien Biomes Tweaked | Restrictions on Artificial Tiles

boskid
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by boskid »

FuryoftheStars wrote:
Thu Sep 08, 2022 9:05 pm
Curiosity question: for MP, does the game do any checking of all game files, or just the game version? I'm wondering if maybe somehow one of the base files for the prototypes has been altered for this one person? If using the Steam version, I'd recommend maybe trying to verify the install?
If that would be the case, there should be a mod-crc-mismatch notice: "Mod contents are different even though the versions are the same.". This notice throws when CRC computed from the prototype data is different.

boskid
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by boskid »

I was looking into that desync report again but there is literally nothing that i could identify as interesting. If you have some reproduction steps i would like to know the steps but other than that i suspect it may be a 1/0 magic.

Return to “1 / 0 magic”