Steamlink iPad zoom zoomies

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
hardingt
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Steamlink iPad zoom zoomies

Post by hardingt »

Hello

I built myself a nice shelf in which to hold my bluetooth mouse and keyboard to play some factorio on the treadmill. Much to my dismay, I’ve found that the game zooms when I hold down either mouse button and move the mouse (click and drag). This makes dragging and creating anything (like belts) impossible as it will either zoom in or out depending on the direction I’m building.

In the control settings there nothing in there for holding down the mouse keys and zooming, and I’ve looked through the iOS settings for drag and drop nonsense where it’s attempting to help me out, but cannot find any magic fix.

I’ve noticed only one other player who had complained, here: https://www.reddit.com/r/factorio/comme ... ouse_move/

Any ideas from the community or devs would be greatly appreciated, was about to see how many miles on the treadmill it takes to complete space exploration.

Playing on Windows 10, most recent stable build, and then through steamlink on an iPad Air 2020 with a Bluetooth keyboard and mouse.

hardingt
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: Steamlink iPad zoom zoomies

Post by hardingt »

I've sort of fixed it, by putting all zoom behavior behind a shift + ctrl + mousewheel. So far with my build style this hasn't become a problem for shift ctrl click and dragging. BUT, if anyone has ideas for how to tell iOS, steamlink, or factorio that click and drag should not send mouse wheel commands, i'm all ears!

FuryoftheStars
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by FuryoftheStars »

Makes me wonder if there’s something about the click & drag that the iPad is registering like a pinch-zoom? Honestly have no idea, though.
My Mods: Classic Factorio Basic Oil Processing | Sulfur Production from Oils | Wood to Oil Processing | Infinite Resources - Normal Yield | Tree Saplings (Redux) | Alien Biomes Tweaked | Restrictions on Artificial Tiles

hardingt
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by hardingt »

FuryoftheStars wrote:
Mon Sep 05, 2022 2:43 pm
Makes me wonder if there’s something about the click & drag that the iPad is registering like a pinch-zoom? Honestly have no idea, though.
Looks like it thinks it's a finger! put your finger on the iPad, then move it, you are in effect scrolling it. So it is emulating that behavior by sending scroll wheel commands when you click and drag.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Steam_Link/com ... oll_issue/

Looks like it is a problem with steam link and/or iOS, not Factorio. I'm cool to leave this open if others have ideas, otherwise the forum mods can close it.

Return to “Technical Help”