Bunch of errors 2022/09/21

Anything related to the content on our wiki (https://wiki.factorio.com/)

Moderator: Bilka

Honktown
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Bunch of errors 2022/09/21

Post by Honktown »

Getting some random errors on the wiki... First it started with page layouts not working or errors at the very top of the page

Then I made an edit, it worked (checking after), but I got a page of these two errors:
wiki error.png
wiki error.png (188 KiB) Viewed 2363 times

In the subsequent image, the top error is repeated many times, and the bottom has reptitions of "Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /var/www/wiki.factorio.com/extensions/SemanticMediaWiki/src/SQLStore/QueryEngine/QueryEngine.php:397) in /var/www/wiki.factorio.com/includes/WebResponse.php on line 46"

other_error.png
other_error.png (88.99 KiB) Viewed 2363 times
I have mods! I guess!
Link

Tertius
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Bunch of errors 2022/09/21

Post by Tertius »

I'm unable to login to the wiki - after giving correct credentials (they are correct - coming from my password manager and I didn't change it for months), probably due to the same issue in the wiki software as yours.
I deleted all cookies, restarted browser, used different browser (firefox & chrome), used different device (Smartphone), no change.
After trying to login, I get the login page back:
Notice the thin black wiki server error message at the top of the screenshot.
Screenshot 2022-09-02 120705.png
Screenshot 2022-09-02 120705.png (197.34 KiB) Viewed 2334 times

Sanqui
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Sanqui »

Hello! I apologize for the trouble. I'm currently working to update the wiki backend version and I'm aiming to finish today.
ovo

Tertius
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Tertius »

Great news!

However, it would be a good idea to add some kind of notice the wiki software is being updated, so people wouldn't waste their time with trying to resolve issues they cannot.

Sanqui
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Sanqui »

Tertius wrote:
Fri Sep 02, 2022 10:34 am
Great news!

However, it would be a good idea to add some kind of notice the wiki software is being updated, so people wouldn't waste their time with trying to resolve issues they cannot.
You are right, I apologize as I hoped this would turn out to be less trouble than it did. There is a notice now and progress is being made though.
ovo

Tertius
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Tertius »

Well, the more outdated the software to update, the more painful the update process... :twisted:
(been there, done that)
Good luck!

Tertius
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Tertius »

The update seems finished. As far as I see, everything is working fine again.
There is a definite improvement: It's way faster than before. I don't know if you ever recognized this, but if you were logged in and browsing the German pages, there was a waiting time for each page. This was only for translated pages, not for English ones, so you might have not noticed it.
Now it is fast regardless the language and regardless if you're logged in or not.
Thank you!

Sanqui
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Sanqui »

I'm happy to hear everything looks fine and that the performance of the wiki has improved!
ovo

Return to “Wiki Talk”