[1.1.61] Pipe Graphic Glitch on Specific Coordinates

We are aware of them, but they have low priority. We have more important things to do. They go here in order not to take space in the main bug thread list.
xaetral
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

[1.1.61] Pipe Graphic Glitch on Specific Coordinates

Post by xaetral »

First here's what the issue looks like:

- The entity below that weird line has to be an up-left corner pipe, the one on the top can be most other type of pipes including the down-right corner.

- Also the zoom level has to be the default one (obtained with the ctrl + F9 shortcut or not) and zoomed in one step further.

- The issue appears on any map at around Y = -167, but a vertical version of the issue also appears on the X = -167 coordinate as well:

I also found a similar issue at Y = -99 but its visibility is not consistent depending on the Y coordinate of the player (visible: -97.8047, -99.6797 invisible:-98.0078, -98.8047, -99.0078)

Attachments
factorio-current.log
(6.54 KiB) Downloaded 96 times

xaetral
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: [1.1.61] Pipe Graphic Glitch on Specific Coordinates

Post by xaetral »

I came across the same issue now in 1.1.76 at the X and/or Y coordinate -208 at the default zoom level (again, I mean ctrl + F9) and zoomed in 2 steps further.
Here an example on a new vanilla game at both coordinates being -208:

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Rseding91 »

Thanks for the report. I was not able to reproduce anything when I tried. Do you have a save file that shows the issue? Also, can you show me what graphics settings you're using?
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

xaetral
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by xaetral »

Thank you for looking into it.
I attached an example save, you have nothing to do except pressing ctrl+F9 then scrolling one step up.
Also here are my graphical settings:
graphical_settings.jpg
graphical_settings.jpg (104.58 KiB) Viewed 757 times

From what I have tried the fullscreen/windowed option, the resolution of the viewport and the flip/blit option do not matter.
I confirm that the issue is still present in 1.1.80 still at the same -167 coordinates.
Attachments
pipe_visual_glitch.zip
(1.35 MiB) Downloaded 38 times

Return to “Minor issues”