Robochest is harmful

Some mods, made by Bob. Basically streaks every Factroio-area.

Moderator: bobingabout

pro5
Inserter
Inserter

Robochest is harmful

Post by pro5 »

Robochest can charge only 1 drone. My drones offten form long quee to robochest for recharge. If place chargin station near with robochest - then problem not solved, because drones choose nearest charging point. If robochest closer than charge station - then all drones will come to robochest to charge. Robochest not harmful only for drones mk5 (no need charging). I removed all robochest from my factory. I propose change charge slots from 1 to 4.

valneq
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Robochest is harmful

Post by valneq »

This is a known limitation of the base game. Robochests are based on the vanilla roboport entity prototype, which has a minimum of 1 charging points. This charging point is required to guarantee that robots which go back to idling inside a roboport/robochest can recharge before entering.

If you want to have a robochest with four charging points, then just build the vanilla roboports. They are not deactivated by bob's mods (with default settings).

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Robochest is harmful

Post by bobingabout »

There are quite a few solutions to the Robochest issue.
Part of the reason why you end up with the huge queues for docking is that either your robots aren't busy enough, you have too many, or you've positioned the robochest poorly. Ideally, it should be "Behind" an array of charging pads.
The problem is that a robot will by default try to dock if there's currently no job available, then when another job becomes available, it'll call a new robot, rather than one trying to dock. So, the best use for Robochest is at a train station where they're only active when once in a while, or similar situation.

But yes, for most situations, you're probably going to want to use a Roboport instead.
Creator of Bob's mods. Expanding your gameplay since version 0.9.8.
I also have a Patreon.

Return to “Bob's mods”