pyanodon's mods are here

Moderator: pyanodon

Hanse00
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

PyMods resource spawning - Railworld

Post by Hanse00 »

Hey folks,

I normally play Factorio using the Railworld resource settings (33% frequency, 300% size).
Recently I’ve been looking at playing with all of the PyMods, so as I’ve been setting up a new world, I used those same settings for the resources added by the mods.

However using the railworld settings for ores created by PyMods seems to scale those ore patches way too large. My spawn point had patches up to 22 million in size, and all the ores overlapped to the point where iron and copper was also most non-existent, because the patches had been covered by new ores.

Any recommendations for what the appropriate scale settings might be for these ores, to fit with a railworld?
Are the PyMods ore patches intended to be significantly larger than vanilla patches?

Thanks!

error0664
Inserter
Inserter

Re: PyMods resource spawning - Railworld

Post by error0664 »

for PY, I tend to use RSO mod, standard setup but just start with a bit upped richness
this fits quite well also for rail down the road. the patches are quite rich also with this setting, the size does not need to be the biggest early on (i mean, the first 400 hours+)

the plus for that, starting area is nicely arranged and you do not have overlappings

Return to “PyMods”