[1.1] bugs and balance issues.

Some mods, made by Bob. Basically streaks every Factroio-area.

Moderator: bobingabout

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [1.1] bugs and balance issues.

Post by bobingabout »

Qatavin wrote: ↑
Sun Nov 07, 2021 2:30 am
The description of Chemical Processing techs says "Research into to use and production of chemicals." Should probably be "into the use".

The description of the "Productivity limitations" setting in your Modules mod says "effect" when it should be "affect".

The description of the "Cheaper Steel" setting in MCI "If enabled, Steel will cost 2 iron plates in stead of 5". It only costs 1 iron plate now. Also, that should be "instead".

The items "exoskeleton equipment MK2" and MK3 don't have their first words capitalized.

At some point the horizontal_window_bounding_box and vertical_window_bounding_box on pipes changed in the base game. I don't think I've noticed anything wrong with the horizontal windows (the change is just a single pixel), but the vertical ones definitely look a little off in the top right corner. The new bounds are:
horizontal_window_bounding_box = {{-0.25, -0.28125},{0.25, 0.15625}},
vertical_window_bounding_box = {{-0.28125, -0.5},{0.03125, 0.125}},
thanks, I'll make a note of them.
Are you sure it should say Affect? I mean, when I look at it, I'll know, because I'm fairly sure I wrote that before I learned the difference. Affect is synonymous with cause. For example, if you drop a marble in a cup, the marble is the affect, and the ripples on the water are the effect. The Marble Affects the water, by causing a ripple effect. But then you can also say... The Effect of the marble on the water is to cause Ripples.

As for the Iron cost... The cost of the new steel process is cheaper, so it only costs one if new steel is enabled, but still costs 2 if it's disabled. But could probably do with an update.
Creator of Bob's mods. Expanding your gameplay since version 0.9.8.
I also have a Patreon.

Qatavin
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Qatavin »

It says "If enabled, modules that effect productivity can only be used on Registered intermediates." So "affect" would be correct, yeah.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

Qatavin wrote: ↑
Tue Nov 09, 2021 9:08 pm
It says "If enabled, modules that effect productivity can only be used on Registered intermediates." So "affect" would be correct, yeah.
Actually, on that one, BOTH are "correct".
The Module itself is the Affect, Productivity being increased is the effect of the module.
On the current statement, The module causes an effect seen on productivity
On your suggested statement, the productivity stat on the modules is an affect that causes an increase in productivity of crafting.

Personally, I still prefer Effect on this statement, because the way I see it, the Module itself is the Affect, and the change in productivity is an Effect. The Productivity is Effected by the Module.
Creator of Bob's mods. Expanding your gameplay since version 0.9.8.
I also have a Patreon.

Qatavin
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Qatavin »

To be precise, "effect" as a verb means to create something new, as opposed to "affect" which means to modify or alter something. In this case, the modules are not "effecting" productivity, because productivity already exists, it just starts at +0%, or in the case of mining drills, whatever % bonus you've unlocked with techs. Modules "affect" productivity by adding some amount to the productivity stat.

Either way, in terms of nouns, both of these are "effects". "Affect" as a noun means something completely different.

crazyivan532
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by crazyivan532 »

issue with radar 1, it reads radar 2 and unlocks radar 2, no way to make or research radar 1 resulting in game breaking bug.

MagVic
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by MagVic »

I haven't been able to load bobwarfare for about a year now, as it seems to run into conflict with something. Screenshot attached.
Attachments
loading error.JPG
loading error.JPG (32.35 KiB) Viewed 4392 times

KiwiHawk
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by KiwiHawk »

MagVic wrote: ↑
Fri May 27, 2022 5:00 pm
I haven't been able to load bobwarfare for about a year now, as it seems to run into conflict with something. Screenshot attached.
This is a bug with Angel's mods that they will be patching soon. Workaround is to enable Alien Artifacts.
Dev for Bob's mods, Angel's mods, Helmod, Sea Block, Circuit Processing, Science Cost Tweaker.

Buy me a coffee

spiral_power
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by spiral_power »

I got an error when I loaded save with the latest Bob
1.png
1.png (1.89 MiB) Viewed 3985 times

spiral_power
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by spiral_power »

One more thing, the recipe for RTG has changed from 1.1.3 to 1.1.5, but there is no mention in the changelog. is it a revamp change? Also, there is no other change in the recipe, is there?

spiral_power
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by spiral_power »

ah, not RTG, rocket engine, I found changelog at Bob's Warfare
Sorry to bother you.

KiwiHawk
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by KiwiHawk »

spiral_power wrote: ↑
Fri Jul 29, 2022 8:06 am
I got an error when I loaded save with the latest Bob1.png
Can you upload your save game file please? Either on here if it will let you or attach it to a new issue on GitHub.

https://github.com/BobsMods/bobsmods
Dev for Bob's mods, Angel's mods, Helmod, Sea Block, Circuit Processing, Science Cost Tweaker.

Buy me a coffee

spiral_power
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by spiral_power »

Can you upload your save game file please? Either on here if it will let you or attach it to a new issue on GitHub.
Thanks for the reply, I have submitted the issue to GitHub.

KiwiHawk
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by KiwiHawk »

spiral_power wrote: ↑
Fri Jul 29, 2022 8:06 am
I got an error when I loaded save with the latest Bob1.png
Fix for this will be in the next version of Bob's mods

Buy me a coffee

Strelok
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Strelok »

Hello I have an error loading factorio, with only
Bob's Metals, Chemicals and Intermediates, the game does not launch
Factorio bug.png
Factorio bug.png (66.2 KiB) Viewed 3457 times

RocketManChronicles
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by RocketManChronicles »

Hi guys! Been a while since I have been on Bob's forums. But I have found a bug, I posted in Bob's Tech on the portal, but should also post here.

I have found that many items, including some of the Bob's science packs (Automation and Logistic), do not use the higher tier assembling machines (tiers 4, 5, and 6). I am using a lot of mods, but Bobs is the main focus overhaul compared to the others. Below are three screenshots showing my hovering info panel of which machines the packs can be assembled in.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/ ... 2871079215
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/ ... 2871077029
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/ ... 2871077037

KiwiHawk
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by KiwiHawk »

RocketManChronicles wrote: ↑
Wed Oct 05, 2022 6:43 pm
Hi guys! Been a while since I have been on Bob's forums. But I have found a bug, I posted in Bob's Tech on the portal, but should also post here.
Yes, I saw that. Thanks. I've not had a chance to investigate the issue yet. I'll post a proper followup once I have. But fear not, your report has not gone unnoticed πŸ™‚

Buy me a coffee

RocketManChronicles
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

KiwiHawk wrote: ↑
Wed Oct 05, 2022 6:52 pm
Yes, I saw that. Thanks. I've not had a chance to investigate the issue yet. I'll post a proper followup once I have. But fear not, your report has not gone unnoticed πŸ™‚
Great! Thank you for letting me know!

KiwiHawk
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by KiwiHawk »

RocketManChronicles wrote: ↑
Wed Oct 05, 2022 6:43 pm

I have found that many items, including some of the Bob's science packs (Automation and Logistic), do not use the higher tier assembling machines (tiers 4, 5, and 6). I am using a lot of mods, but Bobs is the main focus overhaul compared to the others. Below are three screenshots showing my hovering info panel of which machines the packs can be assembled in.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/ ... 2871079215
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/ ... 2871077029
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/ ... 2871077037
I've already fixed this issue. Will be included in the next version of Bob's πŸ™‚

Buy me a coffee

KiwiHawk
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by KiwiHawk »

Strelok wrote: ↑
Tue Oct 04, 2022 10:32 pm
Hello I have an error loading factorio, with only
Bob's Metals, Chemicals and Intermediates, the game does not launch Factorio bug.png
You need to update Bob's Functions Library mod. I forgot to update the minimum required version, sorry!

Buy me a coffee

RocketManChronicles
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

KiwiHawk wrote: ↑
Thu Oct 06, 2022 11:20 am
I've already fixed this issue. Will be included in the next version of Bob's πŸ™‚
Thank you for the quick work! Very appreciative of staying on top of things.

Also, just to catch up, are you maintaining the mods in place of Bob?

Return to β€œBob's mods”