Nuclear Reactor Copy-Recipe Wrong

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
hecktarzuli
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Nuclear Reactor Copy-Recipe Wrong

Post by hecktarzuli »

If you shift-right click on a reactor, then shift-left click into a requester box, it asks for the contents of the INGREDIENTS for a fuel cell (iron plate, u-235, u-238) instead of a fuel cell.

Loewchen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Nuclear Reactor Copy-Recipe Wrong

Post by Loewchen »

Cannot reproduce. Post a vanilla save of the latest version that shows that behavior please.

hecktarzuli
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by hecktarzuli »

Actually it looks like you can't even shift-right click a reactor into a requestor box which is weird. (the items I had copied were just the last things I was able shift-right click from)

Loewchen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Loewchen »

That is expected, a reactor does not have a recipe per se, it is just a burner that can take any fuel of a specific category.

hecktarzuli
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by hecktarzuli »

I guess I assumed anything that accepts some type of input could be shift-right-clickable. Feature request then? :)

Loewchen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Loewchen »

hecktarzuli wrote:
Fri Jul 01, 2022 3:52 pm
Feature request then? :)
Won't be implemented. There is no recipe, there are no ingredients to request. A reactor can take any item from its fuel category, just like boilers.

hecktarzuli
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by hecktarzuli »

Ah, so it just happens that Reactor only accepts 1 fuel, but since it's in the same class as burners like the boiler (which accepts more than 1) then it wouldn't make sense to do that for the reactor. Gotcha, thanks!

astroshak
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by astroshak »

Besides, copying a machine to a requestor has the requestor seek what, 30 seconds of ingredients? Nuclear fuel cell lasts 200 seconds. Would it even request anything if you could copy/paste it?

Zavian
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Zavian »

astroshak wrote:
Fri Jul 01, 2022 6:24 pm
Besides, copying a machine to a requestor has the requestor seek what, 30 seconds of ingredients? Nuclear fuel cell lasts 200 seconds. Would it even request anything if you could copy/paste it?
Well that 30 seconds of ingredients should be a minimum of 1, to support mod recipes with long craft times. (I've no idea whether that is implemented though, and you can easily just set an appropriate request if it isn't).

Return to “Gameplay Help”