1.1.59 Linux installed 2nd GPU to drive secondary display and game is stuck rendering on the 2nd GPU

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
cpufreak101
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: 1.1.59 Linux installed 2nd GPU to drive secondary display and game is stuck rendering on the 2nd GPU

Post by cpufreak101 »

ptx0 wrote:
Mon Jun 20, 2022 5:16 am
you're better off just driving both displays with one GPU.
this is what I had originally hoped for, I just happened to have an additional monitor laying around but it was VGA only, with my main GPU being a 1070, having no form of analog output and the price of a converter being that of a cheap display adapter GPU I decided to try to go that route.

seems this is just exposing the limitations of desktop Linux, but whatever, live and learn

robot256
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: 1.1.59 Linux installed 2nd GPU to drive secondary display and game is stuck rendering on the 2nd GPU

Post by robot256 »

with my main GPU being a 1070, having no form of analog output
Does it not have a DVI-I port? If it has a DVI plug, and the wide flat pin has four smaller pins around it, then any $3 DVI to VGA adapter will work (the GPU should have come with one). But I guess it might not have that type of port.

ptx0
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by ptx0 »

cpufreak101 wrote:
Tue Jun 21, 2022 1:42 am
ptx0 wrote:
this is what I had originally hoped for, I just happened to have an additional monitor laying around but it was VGA only, with my main GPU being a 1070, having no form of analog output and the price of a converter being that of a cheap display adapter GPU I decided to try to go that route.

seems this is just exposing the limitations of desktop Linux, but whatever, live and learn
well, OpenGL. but sure.

cpufreak101
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by cpufreak101 »

robot256 wrote:
Tue Jun 21, 2022 2:47 am
with my main GPU being a 1070, having no form of analog output
Does it not have a DVI-I port? If it has a DVI plug, and the wide flat pin has four smaller pins around it, then any $3 DVI to VGA adapter will work (the GPU should have come with one). But I guess it might not have that type of port.
I know what you're talking about, it is not one of those ports. it's a DVI-D port without those four smaller pins.

cpufreak101
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by cpufreak101 »

ptx0 wrote:
Wed Jun 22, 2022 1:35 am
cpufreak101 wrote:
Tue Jun 21, 2022 1:42 am
ptx0 wrote:

well, OpenGL. but sure.
I'm not the most technical person ok ;-;

ptx0
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by ptx0 »

cpufreak101 wrote:
Wed Jun 22, 2022 3:59 am
I'm not the most technical person ok ;-;
i just get upset when people talk about my beloved open source projects like that, lol T_T

Return to “Technical Help”