my game mods/saves don't see it. (available on file)

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
oyunbagimlisi
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

my game mods/saves don't see it. (available on file)

Post by oyunbagimlisi »

Please, can you help me urgently. moderators?

I formatted my pc (ssd- disk C) but my game including steam was on hard disk (disk D) So my game save files were not damaged or deleted. Steam and factorio are also installed in the same place. I didn't even do a fresh install. But after the format on the c disk, none of my recordings (game and mod) appear in the game. (My files are also available in mods and save games.)

viewtopic.php?f=33&t=105093
Beacon domain & Cable access area coloring (Color Tone variations)

oyunbagimlisi
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: my game mods/saves don't see it. (available on file)

Post by oyunbagimlisi »

oyunbagimlisi
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by oyunbagimlisi »

I guess (actually definitely)

C:\Users\Asus\AppData\Roaming\Factorio

If I send it to this directory, the game will see the relevant files (mod and save games). But before, it was seeing the files directly from my d disk, where the game was installed.

(D:\Game\Steam Installation\steamapps\common\Factorio\)

I don't want my mod files to take up space on my c drive. (because my ssd capacity is very low) How can I redirect to d disk as before?

oyunbagimlisi
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by oyunbagimlisi »

No one really knows! I don't want to send 245 mod to my 120gb c disk. I want it to be on my d disk (where the game is installed) as before. Can you help me please?

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Rseding91 »

https://wiki.factorio.com/Application_directory should have the information you want.

Mind if I ask: why do you not have your games/programs on the SSD? If you don't have your games/programs on the SSD what do you have on it? The whole idea of the SSD is anything you put on it is fast... so if you don't have your games/programs on it why do you have one?
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

oyunbagimlisi
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by oyunbagimlisi »

Rseding91 wrote:
Mon Jun 20, 2022 11:17 pm
https://wiki.factorio.com/Application_directory should have the information you want.

Mind if I ask: why do you not have your games/programs on the SSD? If you don't have your games/programs on the SSD what do you have on it? The whole idea of the SSD is anything you put on it is fast... so if you don't have your games/programs on it why do you have one?
First of all, thank you for your interest and help. My hard disk is 1tb, whereas the ssd is only 120gb (90gb left to the user if the system files are not counted.) I leave this part for games like Bannerlord (Mount & Blade II) where I need MUCH MORE performance. What do I really need to get performance in Factorio? It will shorten my first loading time of the game as I only have 1 time too many mods. Apart from that, it is a light game even for sub-average PCs. Besides, i7-4720-8gb ram- Geforce gtx 950m; These are enough to run my games adequately even on the hard disk. Am I right?

oyunbagimlisi
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by oyunbagimlisi »

Rseding91 wrote:
Mon Jun 20, 2022 11:17 pm

I read the wiki many times, but couldn't understand it. But I'm a little too clumsy... Last time, I achieved my goal by simply typing "false". Now I downloaded rar from the site to update the game (steam 1.59>1.61). I did a fresh install, I couldn't show the mod files again. I said never mind, took the "bin" and "data" files and copied and pasted them to the location on my steam installation. (In case I update the game and see the mods the same as before...) I also removed the RAR version. But this time, the steam path that I set is also broken. Last time I did it by just typing "false". I'm useless right now. Where exactly do I need to write the game file path? Could you please explain like an idiot by adding SS? That's how clumsy I am, I tried everything but it didn't work. Could you please tell me what to write where with a screenshot? I've been without factorio for 3 hours...

Original post: viewtopic.php?f=49&t=102724
stuff

oyunbagimlisi
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by oyunbagimlisi »

Return to “Technical Help”