Thank you (Make the dev-team happy today!)

Post all other topics which do not belong to any other category.
berni1212
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: Thank you

Post by berni1212 »

hoho wrote:Thanks indeed. I wish the game would somehow track the time I play it, I'm quite likely nearing or over 1000h already :)

I've been massively disappointed in vast majority of AAA titles released in several years but Factorio has been THE timesink for me for months now.

you could can Start it over Evolve it has an Tracker how long u play the game :) and how often :D
Sorry for my bad English ! i will not remove it !
WIP Test MODS
RailTanker [MP WIP]

Architekt
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: Thank you (Make the dev-team happy today!)

Post by Architekt »

Thank you for this great game! 8-)

henrikp
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by henrikp »

My big thanks for creating this game. Still in alpha and so much playability - high hopes for the final version. Now, I wish to be single again and without children - I'm not bothering even launching the game if I don't have atleast a hour of free time to spare :)

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by kovarex »

Thank you for the support is is greatly appreciated.
henrikp wrote:Still in alpha and so much playability. Now, I wish to be single again and without children :)
This is good quote candidate :)

FlukeSDS
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by FlukeSDS »

So I just heard about Factorio today and spent pretty much the whole day watching an insane amount of YouTube videos lol. Just bought the game, and look forward to automating some awesome stuff!

Thanks!

faloun
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by faloun »

I created an account on the forums just to say this:

Thank you for making this game! I found out about this game through Xisumavoid's LP and I had to try it out. It's great! The automation aspect of the game really appeals to me.

I work for a software company, and I wanted to say a few different things to the developers:
-Thank you for the dev blog every Friday. The number and frequency of your posts (every Friday!) shows just how dedicated you are to making the game better, and it shows a real desire to communicate with your base. It's easy to get caught up in the day-to-day work and not make time for stuff like the blog, so thank you for keeping us up to date.
-I really appreciate the amount of back-end effort that goes into QA and bugfixes. I know this isn't as glamorous as adding new content to the game, but it's just as important and deserves just as much praise. I think once you get multiplayer stabilized you will see a massive jump in the amount of people playing the game. I know I intend to get more friends hooked. :-)

Really looking forward to where this game goes. Keep up the good work!

mward
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by mward »

This is a fantastic game: "Game of the Year" for me!

I love the open world nature of the game: here is a world with a few rules, do what you want!

I love the way that, instead of getting "grindy" (collect 200 whatevers, one at a time), everything can be automated. Even refilling your inventory can be automated.

I love the difficulty/challenge curve: as the difficulty increases, more items are unlocked to solve problems in a creative way.

I love that there are so many problems to solve, and so many different ways to solve them. I am still on my original world, which looks like a vast, baroque creation, built haphazardly over many hours. I haven't felt the need to scrap it all and start over: a judicious use of high speed belts and logistics robots can keep it creaking on!

It is like Minecraft in the open-world nature and especially in that there are many ways to play the game: it is several games in one. Some people like to optimise factory placement down to the last square and last percentage of production: I am not one of those, but I don't have to be. Others like to build huge train sets (who wouldn't?) Others like to solve problems with minimal resources. And so on... Minecraft currently has even more flexibility in this respect, but Factorio is less "grindy" and better at automating everything.

You deserve to be fantastically successful!

keyboardhack
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by keyboardhack »

Thank you for this wonderful game.

I wish you all a

Merry Christmas and a happy New Year
Waste of bytes : P

jacksonJFord
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by jacksonJFord »

Simple and Unique concept which has given birth to probably the best game I've played to date!!

Thank You Indeed

:)

Thanks
Jackson
Feel Free To Check Out My YouTube Channel For Factorio Videos (Let's Play)
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCsf3QF ... oF9SfpLz-Q

Thanks - Jackson

vachu
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by vachu »

Got the game last week and I'm already at 15 hours spread on 3 different maps. Thank you so much for the game! This game scratches an itch that I didn't know I had. I love the odd satisfying feeling of looking at everything go in the factory. This is just so awesome!

I don't know if this is of any use to the devs, but here is how I stumbled on the game and how I got addicted:
I first heard about the game on reddit in a thread about upcoming games of 2015. Someone mentioned that base building was making a comeback in 2015 by listing some base building games, and included in the list was Factorio. I checked every game in the list but the one that caught me was Factorio. So I checked the official video, and while I was impressed at everything that was going on, I also had an overwhelming feeling, like this seemed way too big for me, too much management. So I thought "wow, looks nice, but maybe too much for me". Fast forward a couple of days, I was watching something on youtube and in the recommend videos at the end, there was a Factorio LP. I didn't click it, because I don't like watching LP videos of games I haven't played, but seeing the game again on a different site pushed me to check out the official site, and this is when I saw there was a demo! So I downloaded it, "might as well give it a try", started the campaign, and that was it. Playing from the start, I quickly learned that the overwhelming feeling I felt while watching the video wasn't really an issue because when you build the base bit by bit, you know what's going on, and many of the things manage themselves anyway, something the video couldn't tell. Also, I loved the progression of the tutorial in the campaign. It starts by telling you exactly what to do but then you need to find things yourself and the objectives become more broad and this way I could get the feeling that I was still in control, even if I was learning the game. So yeah, the great learning curve in the demo campaign is probably what did it for me. Very nice job!

lyallp
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by lyallp »

Found out about this game at a childs birthday party.

It's awesome to see a game support Linux (Gentoo 64 bit on Intel).

I can see I will be spending some time on it.

I am so impressed, I now drive a Mining Drill :)

Initial impressions are that it would be nice to have a point/click/move rather than having to use the keyboard and that using the ESC key to close in-game windows and exit the game can be a bit annoying if I get excited pressing ESC.

However, I am still working through the tutorials and coming to grips with the whole game and these initial impressions may change :)
...Lyall

BlueTrin
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by BlueTrin »

Just found out about this game yesterday, I am totally hooked, this has so much potential and is so fun to play.

Midnightmare
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Midnightmare »

Amazing game ! thanks a lot :D one of if not the best indy gamesi played to date!

Gandalf
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Gandalf »

Time for me to jump on the Thank-You train and wave my big You-Guys-Rock flag.
It's all been said here before, but it'll never have been repeated often enough. This game is awesome, it has so much potential and yet is already beyond perfect in so many ways.

Even before taking a look at the forums I could tell just by playing the game that a lot of consideration has gone into it and that there was a dialogue between developers and community happening.
The logistics network is one of those things you don't even dream about in other production based games, but you just went ahead and said “Sure, why not!”. I also particularly love the way the game's interface reminds me of professional development software like an IDE or Photoshop. It doesn't just do what needs to be possible, it actually makes stuff easy and comfortable. That's really the best thing you can say about a user interface.
kovarex wrote:It helps me to get over the impression that the game is broken and full of bugs when just fixing bugs all the time these days.
How can you even say that. There has rarely been a game so not broken.
I still hold that Gothic II is the best game ever made. Of course that's an entirely different genre and there's really no way to even compare that game to Factorio. But the one thing that annoyed me about it and its sequel was, they were notoriously buggy.
Stability is actually one thing that Factorio excells above most games that I've played. It has crashed on me exactly once so far, which I can not say of most other games I've played. And those were sold as stable, not frickin alpha snapshots.
I mean, have you tried what passes as "early access" on Steam? They are close to selling proof-of-concepts.

Finally I'd like to say thank you for supporting Linux. It means a lot.
OS: Linux Mint 19 x64 | desktop: Awesome 4.2  |  Intel Core i5 8600k  |  16GB DDR4  |  NVidia GTX 1050 Ti (driver version: 410.104)    (2019-03)

Sharlenwar
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Sharlenwar »

*toot toot* Just honking the Thank You train. What an amazing game you have done. Do I really need to post up something about it? It all has been said and what I can say is this game has a sort of Tetris effect upon you. Before you know it, you are spending hours working on something to see if it works, then hours thinking about designs and what not. Not to mention all of the randomized maps that alter all of your thoughts.

Keep it up, and don't stop working on this until you have really finished it. Your next step is getting this on Steam (as you, the devs have mentioned) to get more people hooked on this game. I can't wait to see either the game or Steam tracking my hours spent on this game.

Best purchase of an indie game in a long time (like years!).

*cheers*
**My Corner Of The Web**
YouTube Channel

Mattyrogue
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Mattyrogue »

First Post here and I'm christening it on the "Thank You" Train. I hope I can give some useful feedback and design input to this lovely, retro-bit styled game. Maybe even give you guys a little spike in players too as I'm really enjoying this so far and getting some of my friends into it as well (With a rather simple but effective pitch of 'Its like Minecraft's FTB meets a top-down Rube Goldberg Machine'.)

beny166
Inserter
Inserter

Post by beny166 »

Just finished my first game after 33 hours (and immediately started a new one).

Thank you very much :)

Jhondoe
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Jhondoe »

Thanks for the quick Bugfixes! Keep it up, i can't wait for next content!

whaleberg
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by whaleberg »

Great game! I love it in the current state and I'm excited to see where development takes it.

Acius
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Acius »

I love Factorio and am a little jealous of you guys :). I worked in the game industry for a short while and then moved into CAD (I now work for a pretty big company)... well, I do love my job, but sometimes I start thinking about all the fun algorithm problems in Factorio and I wish I were helping to solve them. I watch the hundreds of thousands of sprites flowing along the conveyors and I think "that is some awesome collision code." Or I watch my swarms of logistic robots flying to do some new job and I think about schedules and priorities. I love the way the game elegantly scales, and how it naturally generates higher level puzzles to solve.

Factorio is what motivated me to buy a powerful desktop, and Factorio is one of my favorite examples of a game that really shows the beautiful side of C++. Your company has a high level of professionalism, and I think that is a big part of what helps your game to succeed. I mean, you're writing automated test suites for an alpha game? Some game companies still haven't done that even by release time!

I've "only" played about a hundred hours, but given that I have a wife and kid, that's a lot of time for me :). Still, I love to get the new updates and then go and explore the new things. I hope you have great success with the game and that it supports your company well. The Czech republic is a long way away, but if I'm ever in the neighborhood, I would love to meet you all.

Return to “General discussion”