How to do 100 iron plates per second?

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
crypto93
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

How to do 100 iron plates per second?

Post by crypto93 »

Hello.

I need to answer these questions for one purpose (like quest).

Task: to produce 100 iron plates per second (360k per hour).

Questions:

1. How many ovens do you need for this?
2. How much is needed for this drill and for what? (Electricity costs and manipulators can be disregarded)?
3. Is it possible to put 100 iron plates per second in boxes and what do you need to do this?

If the answer to question 3 is yes - then please provide blueprint (it is the same drawing that can be created in the game)

Thanks a lot!

crypto93
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: How to do 100 iron plates per second?

Post by crypto93 »

Sorry, I’m a beginner, this is a task I need to solve for my studies (such a task I was given, in a playful form) - could you describe it in more detail?
I also know that this task must be completed in 3-4 hours including learning the game. So i need something like text instructions what to do...

Thanks for your answer!

Xorimuth
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Xorimuth »

crypto93 wrote:
Sat Jun 11, 2022 5:58 pm
Sorry, I’m a beginner, this is a task I need to solve for my studies (such a task I was given, in a playful form) - could you describe it in more detail?
I also know that this task must be completed in 3-4 hours including learning the game. So i need something like text instructions what to do...

Thanks for your answer!
It sounds like you're expecting random strangers on the internet to complete your homework for you? Doesn't that defeat the point of learning how to do these calculations yourself?
My mods
Content: Freight Forwarding | Spidertron Patrols | Spidertron Enhancements | Power Overload
QoL: Factory Search | Remote Configuration | Module Inserter Simplified | Wire Shortcuts X | Ghost Warnings

Kyralessa
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Kyralessa »

crypto93 wrote:
Sat Jun 11, 2022 5:58 pm

Thanks for your answer!
You don't need to actually play the game to figure this out. There's a sandbox mode where you have access to every item. This might help you do your experiments, and you won't get attacked by aliens while you do.

FuryoftheStars
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by FuryoftheStars »

Kyralessa wrote:
Sat Jun 11, 2022 8:10 pm
and you won't get attacked by aliens while you do.
Provided you turn them off, of course.
My Mods: Classic Factorio Basic Oil Processing | Sulfur Production from Oils | Wood to Oil Processing | Infinite Resources - Normal Yield | Tree Saplings (Redux) | Alien Biomes Tweaked | Restrictions on Artificial Tiles

crypto93
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by crypto93 »

I am going to sandbox to solve this.
Thanks to everyone!

Return to “Gameplay Help”