[1.1.59] Roboport entity updates spiking with nothing going on

Bugs that are actually features.
Bruunhilda
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

[1.1.59] Roboport entity updates spiking with nothing going on

Post by Bruunhilda »

This is a modded game, but something seems really weird with roboport entity updates. I was cruising along fine at 60fps/ups and placed a few more solar panel blueprints down when all of a sudden my fps/ups dropped to 40s-50s. I cleared the remaining ghost entities everywhere on the map and there are no construction bots doing anything and only a few logistic bots doing anything but my fps/ups still remains in the low 50's. Using the debug info from f4 and f5 I could see my entity updates were high and specifically roboport entities. Whats even weirder is that over the last 20 minutes while researching old forum posts to try to solve my problem I noticed that I'd get back up to 60fps/ups and my roboport updates would be really low, but then a minute later they would spike really high again and my fps/ups would drop again even though nothing changed in the factory. I've included screenshots of the required debug info of both cases where the roboport updates are high and when it stops and I'm back up to 60fps/ups.

I understand if no one wants to take a look into my problem since it is a modded game, but I figured I'd post it since it seems like its something to do with factorio's robot system. I don't understand how I was doing 60fps/ups and then out of nowhere these update spikes are happening. I'll gladly change the layout of my robot networks or whatever if I'm actually pushing the game too hard, but I get the feeling something is a bit wrong since this issue came on out of nowhere instead of gradually. I assume id slowly see my fps/ups dropping as the factory grew and not losing 10-15 fps/ups for placing a extra solar panel blueprint down.
Attachments
248K MOD3.zip
save file
(61.32 MiB) Downloaded 99 times
factorio-current.log
.log file
(22.33 KiB) Downloaded 76 times
showing high roboport entity updates
showing high roboport entity updates
unknown (6).png (5.49 MiB) Viewed 1140 times
normal 60fps/ups with required debug info displayed
normal 60fps/ups with required debug info displayed
unknown (4).png (4.14 MiB) Viewed 1140 times
high entity usuage with required debug info displayed
high entity usuage with required debug info displayed
unknown (5).png (5.47 MiB) Viewed 1140 times

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [1.1.59] Roboport entity updates spiking with nothing going on

Post by Rseding91 »

Thanks for the report. This is due to the mod 248k and the way it has defined the roboports. It defined them to have a recharge-energy of only 16,666 and an energy usage of 66,666. This means each tick when the roboport is low on power it activates, and then immediately tries to consume 66,666 energy, fails, and deactivates. Activating and deactivating are expensive operations. The recharge energy of the roboport is meant to ensure the roboport has at minimum a few seconds of operational power.

The recharge energy should be somewhere around 14,400 times larger; this would ensure it charges for at least 1 minutes worth of operation before it tries turning itself back on.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

Return to “Not a bug”