[Mod 1.1.x] Classic Factorio Basic Oil Processing

Topics and discussion about specific mods
FuryoftheStars
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

[Mod 1.1.x] Classic Factorio Basic Oil Processing

Post by FuryoftheStars »

Name: Classic Factorio Basic Oil Processing

Summary: Reverts oil changes and the affected techs and recipes to the way they were before 0.17.60. Now with configurable settings!

License: GNU GPLv3
Initial Release date: 2019/07/30
Version: 0.2.1
Current Version Release date: 2022/05/31
Tested with Factorio version: 1.1.59
Category: Oil
Mod page: https://mods.factorio.com/mod/Pre0-17-60Oil
Description

With update 0.17.60, the devs changed the Basic Oil Processing recipe (unlocked with the first Oil tech) so that instead of outputting Heavy/Light oil and Petroleum gas, it only outputted Petroleum gas and subsequently rebalanced the tech tree and some recipes to reflect this (moving some techs to be later/requiring chemical science, changing recipe requirements/outputs, etc). The point of this mod is to undo all of that, bringing back the complexity challenge of dealing with a 3 fluid output, and also reverting the other tech/recipe changes the devs had done as a result.

There are a handful of settings to be able to control exactly which parts get reverted back. Note that some settings lump several things in with them (eg, all of the robotic techs, electric engine, and lubricant are affected by the same setting) in order to reduce complexity and odd combinations. Also note that there is no setting to not revert basic or advanced oil processing. For basic, the reason this setting is left out is because it'd be the same as not activating the mod (all subsequent changes stemmed from this one), and there's no option for advanced due to the heavy oil ratios (imo, it would be unbalanced to have basic give heavy oil now and not reduce the heavy oil output from advanced).

I've attempted to capture the changes in the recipes in the attached images, however, the tech tree changes are a bit too numerous and varied to properly capture that way. As such, please see the change log for everything else. The first 3 revisions of this mod have basically everything.

I will not do request changes (ie, "can you make this recipe require that"), as that goes against the spirit of the mod.

Images
change log
Last edited by FuryoftheStars on Tue May 31, 2022 3:40 pm, edited 10 times in total.
My Mods: Classic Factorio Basic Oil Processing | Sulfur Production from Oils | Wood to Oil Processing | Infinite Resources - Normal Yield | Tree Saplings (Redux) | Alien Biomes Tweaked | Restrictions on Artificial Tiles

FuryoftheStars
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [Mod 0.17] Pre 0.17.60 Oil

Post by FuryoftheStars »

Updated
My Mods: Classic Factorio Basic Oil Processing | Sulfur Production from Oils | Wood to Oil Processing | Infinite Resources - Normal Yield | Tree Saplings (Redux) | Alien Biomes Tweaked | Restrictions on Artificial Tiles

FuryoftheStars
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by FuryoftheStars »

Updated to v0.0.5

Now includes settings.

FuryoftheStars
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by FuryoftheStars »

Updated to v0.0.6

Minor bug fix and renaming of the settings.

Omnifarious
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Omnifarious »

I've largely taken over maintenance of this mod. I've done very little to it, and will do very little to it in the future. The minimum necessary to keep it working for new Factorio versions.

If I decide I'm not interested and want to give up, I'll try to hand maintainership to someone else, though this is dependent on FuryOfStars as I don't have permission to add permission for someone else to upload updates.

FuryoftheStars
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [Mod 1.1.x] Classic Factorio Basic Oil Processing

Post by FuryoftheStars »

Updated the mod a while ago, but forgot to update and bump this page. :P

FuryoftheStars
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [Mod 1.1.x] Classic Factorio Basic Oil Processing

Post by FuryoftheStars »

Code: Select all

Version: 0.2.2
Date: 2022/05/31
  Changes:
    - Removed option to not revert Advanced Oil Processing recipe (with Basic giving heavy oil now, having the ability to not revert AOP seemed unbalanced due to the new AOP giving more heavy oil in the first place)
  Bugfixes:
    - Fixed order of outputs for Basic Oil Processing recipe tooltip
  Additions:
    - Added a new icon for Basic Oil Processing

Return to “Mods”