[1.1.59] Crash: Unexpected Error after clicking the monitor where Factorio was open.

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
kreeg
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

[1.1.59] Crash: Unexpected Error after clicking the monitor where Factorio was open.

Post by kreeg »

The window that popped up at the time of the crash was non-descriptive. It did not explain in any detail what had happened. The window had simple instructions to report the crash.

1)What did you do?

I had Chrome open on monitor 1 and then clicked monitor 3 where Factorio was open.

2) What happened?

The moment I clicked the screen on monitor 3 the game crashed. Prior to the crash I was looking through the list of mods I have installed.

3) What did you expect to happen instead? It might be obvious to you, but do it anyway!

I was expecting to look through my mod list. Nothing more, nothing less.

I don't know of any way to reproduce this error. I did nothing unusual that I have not done before in my 2,000 hours of playtime.

I'm sorry I could not be more helpful. Hopefully the log files can provide more information.
Attachments
factorio-dump-current.dmp
(740.46 KiB) Downloaded 54 times
factorio-current.log
(109.72 KiB) Downloaded 67 times

Loewchen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: [1.1.59] Crash: Unexpected Error after clicking the monitor where Factorio was open.

Post by Loewchen »

Try deactivating RivaTuner and discord overlay and check for graphics driver updates.

kreeg
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: [1.1.59] Crash: Unexpected Error after clicking the monitor where Factorio was open.

Post by kreeg »

Discord overlay is turned off for all games. Graphic drivers are up to date.

I have been using rivatuner for years without any issues. This error started occurring only after 1.1.59 was released, never once before 1.1.59. Wube changed something that started making the game crash this way.

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Rseding91 »

kreeg wrote:
Sun May 22, 2022 2:56 pm

I have been using rivatuner for years without any issues. This error started occurring only after 1.1.59 was released, never once before 1.1.59. Wube changed something that started making the game crash this way.
If that's the case, does using an older version stop crashing for you?
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

kreeg
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by kreeg »

Rseding91 wrote:
Sun May 22, 2022 3:03 pm
kreeg wrote:

If that's the case, does using an older version stop crashing for you?
Yes. 1.1.57 does not crash.

posila
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by posila »

kreeg wrote:
Sat May 21, 2022 2:12 am
I don't know of any way to reproduce this error.
kreeg wrote:
This error started occurring only after 1.1.59 was released
Just to clarify ... this happened more than once, but doesn't happen everytime when you do the steps you described?

kreeg
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by kreeg »

posila wrote:
Tue May 24, 2022 11:17 am
kreeg wrote:
Sat May 21, 2022 2:12 am
I don't know of any way to reproduce this error.
kreeg wrote:
This error started occurring only after 1.1.59 was released
Just to clarify ... this happened more than once, but doesn't happen everytime when you do the steps you described?
Correct. More than once but not everytime.

FuryoftheStars
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by FuryoftheStars »

Hmm, mine is kind of doing this now, too, though I’m not certain it’s the same or with the same cause. It may be completely unrelated.

I first started noticing issues a few days ago where even with no mods loaded, starting a new map it would hang for roughly 5 secs after pressing tab while it was charting/generating the initial chunks. Then yesterday, if I’m alt-tabbed out of Factorio for too long, my monitor suddenly goes black for a few seconds then comes back, with Factorio having crashed with a message about the video card having been reset.

I’m not on my computer now, so can’t provide logs. Earlier today I was working on backing up all of my data off from it, then later my plan is to wipe it clean and do a fresh install of Windows, see if that fixes it (I have noticed other little issues here and there with my install).

Again, not sure if this is the same, but felt like putting it out there.

Edit: Yeah, probably different. My logs are showing very different things from the OP when it crashes....
Attachments
factorio-previous.log
(143.7 KiB) Downloaded 170 times
factorio-dump-previous.dmp
(978.5 KiB) Downloaded 166 times
factorio-current.log
(146.19 KiB) Downloaded 176 times
My Mods: Classic Factorio Basic Oil Processing | Sulfur Production from Oils | Wood to Oil Processing | Infinite Resources - Normal Yield | Tree Saplings (Redux) | Alien Biomes Tweaked | Restrictions on Artificial Tiles

FuryoftheStars
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by FuryoftheStars »

FuryoftheStars wrote:
Wed May 25, 2022 10:21 pm
Ok, my issue with the crashing was solved with an OS re-install. I am still experiencing the hangs during initial map gen, but I think this is related to something in my appdata folder. If I let Factorio generate a new folder and contents in appdata, I don't have the issue. If I use the old copy, it hangs. I'll poke at this some more and either post a separate tech help thread or just give up and let it all go default if I can't figure it out.
My Mods: Classic Factorio Basic Oil Processing | Sulfur Production from Oils | Wood to Oil Processing | Infinite Resources - Normal Yield | Tree Saplings (Redux) | Alien Biomes Tweaked | Restrictions on Artificial Tiles

kreeg
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by kreeg »

FuryoftheStars wrote:
Mon May 30, 2022 6:41 pm
FuryoftheStars wrote:
Wed May 25, 2022 10:21 pm
Ok, my issue with the crashing was solved with an OS re-install. I am still experiencing the hangs during initial map gen, but I think this is related to something in my appdata folder. If I let Factorio generate a new folder and contents in appdata, I don't have the issue. If I use the old copy, it hangs. I'll poke at this some more and either post a separate tech help thread or just give up and let it all go default if I can't figure it out.
Your issue is different than the one I am experiencing. You may want to consider deleting your posts in this thread and start your own thread so you don't risk confusing anyone who may read this thread in the future.

Return to “Technical Help”