Unified Statistics Panel

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

Taneeda
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Unified Statistics Panel

Post by Taneeda »

TL;DR
Rework the production stats + electric info panels into one single statistics window and extend+enrich the satellite launch counter window (total item until now, items per time[mec,min,hr, ...), user-selectable items).
What ?
I really like that fact that with 1.1 the tips&tricks sections where unified in one system. The same should (in my opinion) applied to the actual two different stats panels (prod and electric). Personally I think its annoying to need to click to an electric pole to get access to the electric stats panel. Many time I cklicked on the prod stats button on top right just because my feeling routed me there :)

OMG, where is the satellite counter??? :shock: :shock: :shock: I just updated to 1.1 recently and noticed at this moment that it isn't shown anymore, I NEED it back!!!

With this in mind, I think the chance should takes to enrich the statistics panel with additional feature, like:
- Color picker per graph-line
- Different graph types (bar, pie, etc)
- Graph groups, to show selected graphs in own graph chart (sometimes its hard to "read" the graph line when all are in same windows, like at the moment and to better distinguish between different value ranges)
- Ability to zoom in/out
- Ability to select graph area to show (to zoom in to selected area, very nice for detailed analyzis)
- Maybe a pickable area of (for example) assembly machines to trace their throughput on stats panel
- Slider for time range, for finer adjustment (personally I feel the actual values a little bit rough)
- Due to missing satellite counter (WHICH MUST COME BACK!!!!!!!!!) this chance also should be taken, to extend and enrich its original state with user-selectable stats, to allow the user to select whats he wants to view. For example to view the amount of already launched satellites (as before) and to view the actual produced lab packs per minute
...and so on, please share your ideas :idea:
Why ?
Personally I think that the statistics at the moment are a little bit too less and rough for megabases. I like the idea of a "dashboard" for the whole factory with tons of metrics and all kinds of graph types :D
Last edited by Taneeda on Fri Feb 05, 2021 7:40 am, edited 4 times in total.
Shit happens, don't worry, keep happy

Kyralessa
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Unified Statistics Panel

Post by Kyralessa »

As you can have multiple electrical grids, how would you determine which one you wanted the stats for?

Perhaps they could have a dropdown (as with multiple logistics grids), but how would you know which area each grid refers to?

Taneeda
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Taneeda »

uh yes, good point. Maybe this could be shown similar to the new trains GUI. Also the map view could be extended to different colors for the different electric networks, analog to train segments...

bormand
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by bormand »

Kyralessa wrote:
Fri Feb 05, 2021 7:11 am
As you can have multiple electrical grids, how would you determine which one you wanted the stats for?
With a selector like in logistics window? It shows nearest network by default, but you can choose another. And current method with clicking on the pole should work too.

-- edit --
I like the idea of a "dashboard" for the whole factory with tons of metrics and all kinds of graph types
There is graftorio mod that exports raw data to external dashboard, so you can setup any graphs you want.

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

bormand wrote:
Fri Feb 05, 2021 8:26 am
There is graftorio mod that exports raw data to external dashboard, so you can setup any graphs you want.
I tested graftorio quite a lot. It has two issues.
1. It eats a lot of cpu, I would say about 10-20%. That’s because it is a mod, and then we need to have extra Docker-container for the Prometheus-database.
2. It takes time to create useful graphs from hundreds of values.

I thought a bit about that.

It would be supercool, if Factorio would use influxDB (a database for time series) for that use-case. Either influx is build into Factorio (I doubt that makes sense or doesn’t cost licensing) or to have an influx-instance running somewhere else and Factorio uses the API to write the values into influx. I think that would reduce the extra load to under 0.5%.

And doing this “right” could produce graphs that are extremely useful and really nice to look at. Many more advantages are coming with that. Perhaps I will make an own suggestion out of that idea, with much more details.
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

Taneeda
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Taneeda »

Is it in general possible to draw graphs by the MOD API?

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

I’m not sure. You can paint on the map, but I don’t know if the gui provides a canvas to draw on. Please ask in the modding-board.

Taneeda
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Taneeda »

k, thx

Qon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Qon »

ssilk wrote:
Sat May 14, 2022 7:07 am
You can paint on the map
You can? How? :shock:

Xorimuth
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Xorimuth »

Qon wrote:
Tue May 17, 2022 9:38 pm
ssilk wrote:
Sat May 14, 2022 7:07 am
You can paint on the map
You can? How? :shock:
You definitely can’t (viewtopic.php?t=76539). I assume ssilk means map as in the world.
My mods
Content: Freight Forwarding | Spidertron Patrols | Spidertron Enhancements | Power Overload
QoL: Factory Search | Remote Configuration | Module Inserter Simplified | Wire Shortcuts X | Ghost Warnings

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

I meant the modding feature that you can draw lines etc. onto ground and on the map (AFAIK).

Why not have a “display-device”, which draws all graphs you want on the ground? So you can make a “screen” of your needs, just zoom out/in to what you want to see now.

Qon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Qon »

ssilk wrote:
Fri May 20, 2022 6:20 am
I meant the modding feature that you can draw lines etc. onto ground and on the map (AFAIK).
Wrong. On ground, yes. But not on map.

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”