I finished Py full suite including alien life

pyanodon's mods are here

Moderator: pyanodon

ScottS9999
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

I finished Py full suite including alien life

Post by ScottS9999 »

1034 hours of in game time, spread out over a year of real time. And now it seems I can't enjoy other games. I think I broke myself.

I guess I'll just have to start another run!

Pyanodon - Thank you for the awesome mods and the hours and hours of entertainment. :)

Pridesfall
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: I finished Py full suite including alien life

Post by Pridesfall »

Great job!

kingarthur
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by kingarthur »

And not a single pic of the base. for shame

ScottS9999
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by ScottS9999 »

The base is a complete mess. Train spaghetti, and poorly designed spaghetti at that. I frankly just had no idea what scale would be needed toward the end, and I didn't have the patience to tear it all down and start over right. So I got it to limp along through to the end. So many things I want to do better next time....

Smelting all got pushed out to outlying areas of the base, which resulted in some shortages because of the time it took trains to get there and back. AL stuff was mostly in the bottom center all close together, since so many inputs and outputs are in common. Towards the center is a big oil refinery, which eventually could not keep up with demand.

2 big mistakes I made:
1) I didn't discover oil sands -> bitumen -> oil until waaaaaay too late. I spend the entire game fighting oil and sulfur shortages.
2) I had it in my head that I could quit hunting for new oil fields if I scaled up the drilling fluid 4 + special small parts -> oil/tar/natural gas recipe. After building all of the infrastructure, being disappointed with the result, and doing the math, I realized that the return on that recipe is rather poor. I assume it is intended for convenience and not for primary oil production? By the time I had figured that out, I was basically reliant on the scale it did have and the infrastructure to support it was an integral part of my base. So I left it and just dealt with the periodic shortages caused by problems in the special small parts or drilling fluid 4 chain.

Are you guys planning to release anything in the next couple weeks that would make me regret starting another run? :)

kingarthur
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by kingarthur »

ScottS9999 wrote:
Sun May 08, 2022 12:57 pm

Are you guys planning to release anything in the next couple weeks that would make me regret starting another run? :)
possibly. we are inching ever close to moving into the pyae beta and then release

BlueTemplar
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by BlueTemplar »

Congratulations !!

Can't see the spaghetti from such a height ! :lol:

Well yeah, it would be weird if recipes that just generate resources anywhere would be *more* efficient than the ones that require mining finite resources in specific spots !

Any reason you would need so much crude oil, specifically ?
(And why not the OP Sulfur from Fawogae recipe ? Or the acid gas from Coalbed Extractor recipes ? Or maybe they're not as good in the end game ?)
BobDiggity (mod-scenario-pack)

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

Congratulations mate! Glad you enjoyed it
pY Coal processing mod
Discord: Pyanodon #5791

Return to “PyMods”