LTN problems

Adds new train stops forming a highly configurable logistic network.

Moderator: Optera

Kepito
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

LTN problems

Post by Kepito »

Hi All

Wondering if someone can help me with LTN, I've been through the documentation and several videos yet still cannot seem to get it working. At first I thought it was because I was running multiple mods and something might be clashing with it, but now I just have Editor Extensions LTN added and still nothing. I'm currently following the exact steps in Tuplex's video (https://youtu.be/a3ujEdPfGHk). I created a very basic setup in a test map. I have the depot on the far left with a length of 2.
20220510162507_1.jpg
20220510162507_1.jpg (1.73 MiB) Viewed 2646 times
Next to the depot is the Provider station, the constant combinator is set with a MIN and MAX train length of 2, and MAX train is 1. All the chests are connected to each other and thus connected to the LTN light. On the right side is the Requester station, I have exactly the same combinator settings with the added selection to request -1100 Iron Ore.

The LTN system has made a request for the Iron Ore, as can be seen in the message in the bottom left of the screen, all the lights turn to yellow, and that's it, nothing moves. The train has all the required steps to move, but nothing is moving:
20220510163336_1.jpg
20220510163336_1.jpg (2.28 MiB) Viewed 2646 times
I'm not really sure what exactly the problem is, because as far as I can see, everything is correct, can someone please help? I have attached the blueprint string.
LTN Test Map.txt
(9.97 KiB) Downloaded 55 times

robot256
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: LTN problems

Post by robot256 »

The train schedule shows that the delivery has been programmed, but the train is waiting for unmet conditions to become met before it leaves the depot. Specifically, Circuit Red=0. But that should be met because no circuit wires are attached to the train stop (the lamp doesn't send signals to the train) so all signals are zero.

Try connecting a blank constant combinator to the top of the train stop, and make sure the stop has "send to train" checked. Or you can find the LTN setting to disable circuit network conditions from being added to the schedule.

Optera
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Optera »

robot256 wrote:
Tue May 10, 2022 11:08 am
But that should be met because no circuit wires are attached to the train stop (the lamp doesn't send signals to the train) so all signals are zero.
Having no wires to the stop will cause circuit conditions to never be met.
Just a single wire to a pole will suffice.

Kepito
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Kepito »

robot256 wrote:
Tue May 10, 2022 11:08 am
Try connecting a blank constant combinator to the top of the train stop, and make sure the stop has "send to train" checked. Or you can find the LTN setting to disable circuit network conditions from being added to the schedule.
I tried the blank combinator, didn't seem to work, but disabling the circuit network conditions in the settings seems to have fixed it. The default seems to be "False" yet for some reason it was on "True", not sure why.

Thanks again :-)

Return to “Logistic Train Network”