[boskid][1.1.58] Crash from creating infinite recursive blueprint book from the inventory

This subforum contains all the issues which we already resolved.
Seaish
Inserter
Inserter

[boskid][1.1.58] Crash from creating infinite recursive blueprint book from the inventory

Post by Seaish »

It's possible to cause the game to allocate as much ram as it can and then eventually crash by placing a blueprint inside a blueprint that is inside the first.

To reproduce:
  • Create two blueprint books. Drop them in the inventory.
  • Right click the first one.
  • Place the second book inside the first.
  • Right click the second one, which you just placed.
  • Place the first inside the second.
The game will hang for a while (a few minutes) and then crash.

I tried doing this with just one book but it didn't allow it (thankfully).

Interestingly, I also tried doing this from the quickbar with links to the blueprint library and it didn't allow it.

Expected behavior is to not allow this from any location. I'm sure infinitely recursive blueprints would be fun but I'd never actually want to make, use, or especially think about them.

I also tried this in headless server mode and it worked, which is pretty bad. Anyone can crash any server if it's joinable and they can create blueprint books.

This is possibly related to 102322.
infinite.png
infinite.png (220.2 KiB) Viewed 2772 times
Attachments
factorio-current.log
(10.58 KiB) Downloaded 248 times

boskid
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [boskid][1.1.58] Crash from creating infinite recursive blueprint book from the inventory

Post by boskid »

Thanks for the report. Issue is now fixed for 1.1.59. It is related to linked topic but it is a separate issue that was not fixed by it.

Return to “Resolved Problems and Bugs”