We support Ukraine

Regular reports on Factorio development.
mmmPI
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: We support Ukraine

Post by mmmPI »

Djmixxx wrote: ↑
Sat Apr 23, 2022 2:58 pm
enterisys wrote: ↑
Sat Apr 23, 2022 2:51 pm

Ukraine attracts volunteers, weapons from other countries - normal.
russians attracts own armed forced, weapons from their own country - NOT normal.

But of course it's not the same.

Also friendly reminder that Ukraine did okay first couple of weeks without volunteers/weapons, dont remember russian tanks driving in Kyiv.
soldiers with British passports captured in Mariupol in the form of the Armed Forces of Ukraine simply passed by, and did not serve in the Armed Forces of Ukraine for several years. And how many more of the foreign citizens did not understand the Russian language when
russians soldiers asked to raise their hands
Nothing forbid british soldier to form and train Ukrainian soldier. Edit : That was requested by the government of Ukraine after the 2014 annexion of Crimea in order to defend themselves the next time. There were not only british instructor, but also USA since that's according to the 1994 budapest memorandum the countries who agreed to be garant of the integrity of Ukraine, alongside Russia, who obviously didn't respect the treaty.

Nothing forbid british soldier to go in Ukraine.

On the contrary i have no idea what is the legal base for Russian soldier doing police duty in Ukraine .

I don't think it's weird that there are many foreign citizen in Ukraine that do no speak Russian, Ukraine was an open country where many foreigner would go, why should they speak russian to go in Ukraine ?

Don't you see the difference between the UK not surveilling its all citizen around the wolrd and some of them going to Ukraine, and the russian state financing Wagner nazi with taxpayer money and sending them to Ukraine accordingly to denazify Ukraine ?

Don't you think it's ridiculous to compare the 2 ?
Last edited by mmmPI on Sat Apr 23, 2022 3:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Djmixxx
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Djmixxx »

Sat Apr 23, 2022 2:57 pm
Dude go back to your faterland if youre russian and you enjoy war crimes and open terrorism against peaceful cities.
Again, your ancestors were forcefullly resettled from soviet union, and yet you blame democracy. Or you think Latvians independently developed russian.
I constantly see such languages patriots among the locals. , who offer Russian-speaking citizens of Latvia to leave for Russia. When asked them, what the 400,000 Latvian-speaking patriots forgot in England, Ireland and Scandinavia and why russian speaking non patriots raise Latvians economics, these patriots usually shut up.
I think your are confusing my opinion with the truth.

mmmPI
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mmmPI »

Sat Apr 23, 2022 3:06 pm
Dude go back to your faterland if youre russian and you enjoy war crimes and open terrorism against peaceful cities.
Again, your ancestors were forcefullly resettled from soviet union, and yet you blame democracy. Or you think Latvians independently developed russian.
I constantly see such languages patriots among the locals. , who offer Russian-speaking citizens of Latvia to leave for Russia. When asked them, what the 400,000 Latvian-speaking patriots forgot in England, Ireland and Scandinavia and why russian speaking non patriots raise Latvians economics, these patriots usually shut up.
That's because the question is stupid. They go there to seek better condition, they do not go to Russia, because they don't expect better condition there.

Russia offered Russian speaking citizen russian passports, many people took it, but almost no-one went to russia, why ?

enterisys
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by enterisys »

Sat Apr 23, 2022 3:06 pm
See thats the difference: 400,000 Latvian-speaking patriots all over in EU are result of globalisation and their own fucking decisions. You, on the other hand, a result of forcefuly resettled russian by stalin, basically a sheep then, still sheep now.

Djmixxx
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Djmixxx »

mmmPI wrote: ↑
Sat Apr 23, 2022 3:01 pm

Nothing forbid british soldier to form and train Ukrainian soldier. Edit : That was requested by the government of Ukraine after the 2014 annexion of Crimea in order to defend themselves the next time. There were not only british instructor, but also USA since that's according to the 1994 budapest memorandum the countries who agreed to be garant of the integrity of Ukraine, alongside Russia, who obviously didn't respect the treaty.

Don't you consider Donetsk and Luhansk part of Ukraine? If they were attacked, could they ask for protection? Russia gave them protection. But this is all my imagination. Officially, Russia was not there.

You just can’t refer to laws when each side twirls these laws as they want.

Djmixxx
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Djmixxx »

Sat Apr 23, 2022 3:09 pm

That's because the question is stupid. They go there to seek better condition, they do not go to Russia, because they don't expect better condition there.
Do you think the question is stupid. Who is more a patriot: the one who speaks Latvian and went to another country and develops the economy of a foreign country, or the one who speaks Russian and stayed in Latvia during difficult times and develops the economy of Latvia?
Russia offered Russian speaking citizen russian passports, many people took it, but almost no-one went to russia, why ?
I was not offered a Russian passport and I would not go to Russia. About the reason I have already written more than once here.

mmmPI
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mmmPI »

Sat Apr 23, 2022 3:24 pm

Do you think the question is stupid. Who is more a patriot: the one who speaks Latvian and went to another country and develops the economy of a foreign country, or the one who speaks Russian and stayed in Latvia during difficult times and develops the economy of Latvia?
That's not a question that i ever asked myself "WHO IS MORE A PATRIOT ?" I think the question is still stupid because it's not a competition or a contest, but it's ok to have you opinion once again spammed on this forum

mmmPI
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mmmPI »

Sat Apr 23, 2022 3:24 pm
I was not offered a Russian passport and I would not go to Russia. About the reason I have already written more than once here.
You were free to request it at the embassy, that was official statement from russian federation.

i'm not sure what you mean because your reason are different one week and the next.
Thu Mar 03, 2022 11:37 pm
Just sit and wait?
I personally do not support war in any form. And I do not support the Soviet Union version 2, which is now being built in Russia. But I wouldn't want to just sit and wait in the land where I was born and raised.
What do you think is a reasonnable course of action then ?

Djmixxx
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Djmixxx »

Sat Apr 23, 2022 3:10 pm
See thats the difference: 400,000 Latvian-speaking patriots all over in EU are result of globalisation and their own fucking decisions. You, on the other hand, a result of forcefuly resettled russian by stalin, basically a sheep then, still sheep now.
You write about what you don't know. All those who were brought here and their children who were born in Latvia received an "aliens" passport. They are non citizens. I am a citizen of Latvia, as my ancestors have been living here for a long time. My native language is Russian, because Russian has been used in Latvia for many centuries.

enterisys
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by enterisys »

Sat Apr 23, 2022 3:31 pm
You write about what you don't know. All those who were brought here and their children who were born in Latvia received an "aliens" passport. They are non citizens. I am a citizen of Latvia, as my ancestors have been living here for a long time. My native language is Russian, because Russian has been used in Latvia for many centuries.
XAXAXAXA native russian speaker settler from Moskovia think hes native Latvian.
Here is couple forbidden hits for you since it looks like you studied in russian school.
https://www.youtube.com/results?search_ ... +of+latvia

Many centuries indeed.

mmmPI
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mmmPI »

Sat Apr 23, 2022 3:19 pm
Don't you consider Donetsk and Luhansk part of Ukraine? If they were attacked, could they ask for protection? Russia gave them protection. But this is all my imagination. Officially, Russia was not there.
Serguei Shoigu recognized the implication of the Russian federation military in the seizure of crimea, and medals were awarded.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/War_in_Donbas

Donetsk and Luhansk are legally part of Ukraine based on the 1994 1997 and 2004 treaties signed by both Ukraine and Russia. The 2014 annexion and the two russian-backed paramilitary separatist are not recognized by anyone else than Russia. Which means legally their protection belongs to the Ukraine military.

This has been explained in this thread already :

https://theconversation.com/russias-inv ... ous-179203

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Legality_ ... of_Ukraine

Djmixxx
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Djmixxx »

Sat Apr 23, 2022 3:30 pm
You have not forgotten that Ukraine is at " war " with the LNR and the DNR? Which, according to UN law, asked Russia for help in protecting their territories? Of course there were some irregularities in the deadlines for filing documents.

And I do not support "war" , because it could be solved by diplomacy (and what Zelinsky promised to solve when he was elected and what he forgot about after being elected ) began to be solved with the help of weapons.

mmmPI
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mmmPI »

Sat Apr 23, 2022 3:31 pm
Tue Mar 22, 2022 6:09 am

I did not know that there were three revolutions, I thought there were only two (+ an interesting article about the history of Ukrainian independence):

https://indianexpress.com/article/expla ... d-7789764/

I hope these sources are not Russian ?
I wonder who write about things he doesn't know ? You have prooven so much ignorance already it's painful to read your argument that another one than you is ignorant.

mmmPI
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mmmPI »

Sat Apr 23, 2022 3:41 pm
Sat Apr 23, 2022 3:30 pm
You have not forgotten that Ukraine is at " war " with the LNR and the DNR? Which, according to UN law, asked Russia for help in protecting their territories? Of course there were some irregularities in the deadlines for filing documents.

And I do not support "war" , because it could be solved by diplomacy (and what Zelinsky promised to solve when he was elected and what he forgot about after being elected ) began to be solved with the help of weapons.

Mon Mar 07, 2022 3:19 pm
tuhe wrote: ↑
Mon Mar 07, 2022 3:08 pm
@DJmixxx: Do you believe there is currently a war in Ukraine? Do you believe that Russia has invaded Ukraine?
I will surprise you, there is no war in Ukraine. If you don't believe me, please find the message about the declaration of war.
And this is the problem of Ukraine, in order received normal help , she must declare war on Russia, but then Ukraine will be the aggressor.

So there is a war or not ?

the UN voted against the proposal by russia calling it a non-sense

No jurisidiction whatsoever ruled that there was any law that would allow Russia to try and annex his neighbour country. Although russia provided a case that it lost, Ukraine provided a case that it won.

mmmPI
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mmmPI »

Most likely avoided by troll djmixxx :

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Legality_ ... of_Ukraine

Legality of the 2022 Russian invasion of Ukraine
Self-defense justification

Russia has argued that its use of force against Ukraine is lawful under Article 51 of the UN Charter, which preserves the rights of UN member states to defend themselves against "an armed attack" and to engage in "collective self-defense." Specifically, Russia has claimed that it may use force against Ukraine in order to defend the Donetsk People's Republic and the Luhansk People's Republic, which Russia recognizes as independent states. International law and foreign policy experts such as John B. Bellinger III, Gabriella Blum, Naz Modirzadeh, and Anthony Dworkin have criticized this argument.[2][4][6]

Bellinger and Dworkin have argued that Russia cannot rely on a self-defense justification because Ukraine has not threatened or attacked any other nation.[2][6] All four scholars have also suggested that even if Ukraine were planning an attack against Donetsk or Luhansk, Russia could not invoke Article 51's collective self-defense provision because these regions are not recognized as separate states under international law.[2][4][6] Allen Weiner of Stanford Law School has made a similar argument, likening Russia's collective self-defense arguments to a hypothetical situation where a modern entity calling itself the independent "Republic of Texas" invited a foreign government to send troops to fight against the United States.[5] (For a Texian invite against Mexico, see the 1836 To the People of Texas & All Americans in the World.)

Genocide/humanitarian intervention justification

See also: Ukraine v. Russian Federation (2022)

Likewise, experts have rejected Russia's argument that its invasion is justified on humanitarian grounds to protect Russian-speakers in eastern Ukraine, namely the Donbass. Some commentators have questioned whether international law (including the UN Charter and the Genocide Convention) even allows nations to use force against another country to remedy genocide or human rights violations, as the legality of humanitarian intervention is heavily disputed.[2][5] In any event, Russia's humanitarian justifications for the invasion are widely perceived as a pretext, and are unsubstantiated by any evidence that Ukraine has committed, or is committing any acts against Russians in Donetsk and Luhansk that could amount to genocide.[36]

" some delay in the paperwork"

mmmPI
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mmmPI »

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Legality_ ... of_Justice
In late February 2022, Ukraine sued Russia in the International Court of Justice (ICJ). The lawsuit rejects Russia's claims that Ukraine was engaging in a genocide in Donbass and requests a court order requiring Russia to immediately halt its military operations in Ukraine.[55][56] It also accuses Russia of "engag[ing] in a military invasion of Ukraine involving grave and widespread violations of the human rights of the Ukrainian people."[55] Ukraine is represented by the law firm Covington & Burling in the lawsuit.[57]

Russia boycotted an initial hearing held in the case on 7 March 2022,[58] and later said it did not send anyone to attend because of the "absurdity" of Ukraine's lawsuit.[59] At the end of the hearing, the ICJ indicated that it would decide Ukraine's application for an emergency order calling for a halt to hostilities "as soon as possible."[60]

On 16 March 2022, the court ruled that Russia must "immediately suspend the military operations that it commenced on 24 February 2022 in the territory of Ukraine."[61] The court split 13-2 in the decision, with Judges Kirill Gevorgian of Russia and Xue Hanqin of China dissenting.[62] Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskyy hailed the ruling as a complete victory for his country,[62] saying that ignoring the order would further isolate Russia.[63]
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ukraine_v ... ion_(2022)
The following day, Group of Seven Foreign Ministers released a joint statement accusing Russia of conducting an "unprovoked and shameful war" and calling on the country to abide by the court's decision.[21][22] Russian presidential press secretary Dmitry Peskov rejected the decision, saying that Russia could not "take this decision into account" and that without consent from both sides the decision was not valid.[23]
What's the russian propaganda version ?

Djmixxx
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Djmixxx »

Sat Apr 23, 2022 3:50 pm
You are now trying to give out information from the Ukrainian side as an absolute truth. but during the war EVERYONE lies. There is no truth on all sides. Why should I believe what Ukraine writes?

enterisys
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by enterisys »

Sat Apr 23, 2022 3:59 pm
You are now trying to give out information from the Ukrainian side as an absolute truth. but during the war EVERYONE lies. There is no truth on all sides. Why should I believe what Ukraine writes?
And when exactly did Ukraine lie lol.

mmmPI
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mmmPI »

Sat Apr 23, 2022 3:59 pm
The UN and the Iternationnal Court of Justice are Ukrainian ?

Those are lawyer that studied the fact brought by Russia and Ukraine, and ruled in favor of Ukraine to 13-2.

This means the information is also from Russia since they had a member judge that was amongst the 2 who voted against.

Djmixxx
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Djmixxx »

Sat Apr 23, 2022 3:57 pm
What's the russian propaganda version ?
Are you writing about an organization that does not notice US war crimes? what right does it have to judge something when the main aggressor country from America turns this organization in one place? Or did Russia forget to show a test tube with sugar (as the United States did in its time) and only then start a special operation?

Return to β€œNews”