[MOD 0.15|0.14] Rail Tanker - Liquid transport 1.4.1

Topics and discussion about specific mods
JamesOFarrell
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [Mod 0.11.x] Rail Tanker - Liquid transport

Post by JamesOFarrell »

berni1212 wrote:Still Happening :/
Sorry mate, can you post the save and copy of your mod folder or the mod list for the save?

berni1212
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by berni1212 »

Belt Blocker
UndergroundBeltsExtended
DyTech-Core
Rail Tanker 0.05
Stainless Steel Wagon
Treefarm-Mod
Tankwerkz Ltd
DyTech-Energy
DyTech-Logistic
DyTech-Modules
DyTech-Storage
DyTech-Transportation
DyTech-Automation
DyTech-Inserters
DyTech-Metallurgy
DyTech-Warfare
Bob's ore
Bob's Metals,chemicals and Intermedian
Bob's Assembl maschines
Bob's Electronic overide mod
Bob's Logsitcs mod
Bob's Modules
Bob's Power

Save is too big to Upoad .)
Sorry for my bad English ! i will not remove it !
WIP Test MODS
RailTanker [MP WIP]

berni1212
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by berni1212 »

berni1212 wrote:Belt Blocker
UndergroundBeltsExtended
DyTech-Core
Rail Tanker 0.05
Stainless Steel Wagon
Treefarm-Mod
Tankwerkz Ltd
DyTech-Energy
DyTech-Logistic
DyTech-Modules
DyTech-Storage
DyTech-Transportation
DyTech-Automation
DyTech-Inserters
DyTech-Metallurgy
DyTech-Warfare
Bob's ore
Bob's Metals,chemicals and Intermedian
Bob's Assembl maschines
Bob's Electronic overide mod
Bob's Logsitcs mod
Bob's Modules
Bob's Power

Save is too big to Upoad .)
Thats the Mod List we Use now the Newest Version of your mod and the Map is now corrupted LOL :D

We started a new map now :/ 10 Houers for nothing but its not your Fault i hope u can get it to fix the Bug :) thanks sir
WIP Test MODS
RailTanker [MP WIP]

JamesOFarrell
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by JamesOFarrell »

I'm sorry about your map. If you remove rail tankers it should let you at least load the map. I know what the issue is now but not how to fix it. I'll be looking at it today

JamesOFarrell
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by JamesOFarrell »

JLBShecky wrote:it is not like it is something that is all that hard to change if one so desires for their own game usage.
This change has been made in 0.0.6. Also another crack at fixing the game crash when you blowup a tanker bug. I still can't replicate this bug but I am pretty sure the changes I've made should fix it. Without a save fie with the issue I don't think there is much more I can do.

berni1212
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by berni1212 »

JamesOFarrell wrote:
JLBShecky wrote:it is not like it is something that is all that hard to change if one so desires for their own game usage.
This change has been made in 0.0.6. Also another crack at fixing the game crash when you blowup a tanker bug. I still can't replicate this bug but I am pretty sure the changes I've made should fix it. Without a save fie with the issue I don't think there is much more I can do.

No Problem i can play the map at SP but if we start it at MP it gets us in an Big Desync Loop :) But its good that the Bug got Sorted out :)
I will try it if it work now
WIP Test MODS
RailTanker [MP WIP]

JamesOFarrell
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by JamesOFarrell »

berni1212 wrote:
JamesOFarrell wrote:

No Problem i can play the map at SP but if we start it at MP it gets us in an Big Desync Loop :) But its good that the Bug got Sorted out :)
I will try it if it work now
Yeah. Desync are a huge issue at the moment. I spent the last 2 days trying to get them out of PocketBots before giving up. That said there is nothing in Rail Tanker should cause desync on load so that is strange.

berni1212
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by berni1212 »

IDK how i am doing it but not working again xD if we break it now there will be the Tank thingy what is Unbreakebille.

And if the train will Drive on the Station menu we get this error:
Error while running the event handler: __RailTanker__\control:lua215:Given entity doesn't exist anymore

IDK how i do that Srry Bro ;) But i hope you can fix it or try to fix it :) I feel free to test it :)
WIP Test MODS
RailTanker [MP WIP]

JamesOFarrell
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by JamesOFarrell »

berni1212 wrote:IDK how i am doing it but not working again xD if we break it now there will be the Tank thingy what is Unbreakebille.

And if the train will Drive on the Station menu we get this error:
Error while running the event handler: __RailTanker__\control:lua215:Given entity doesn't exist anymore

IDK how i do that Srry Bro ;) But i hope you can fix it or try to fix it :) I feel free to test it :)
I have released without testing properly because i lost all my save games when i moved to 0.11.5. I've reverted the first post to version 0.0.4 and I'm going back to look at this issue but until then i recommend you remove the mod, load your save, save your save then install 0.0.4. This is a pain in the ass, sorry.

berni1212
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by berni1212 »

For now we Removed it Completly and wait for the Stabel version ("Stale") then we will add it again

But I will test the Versions for you if u update them :) there is No Problem behind it :)
WIP Test MODS
RailTanker [MP WIP]

JamesOFarrell
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by JamesOFarrell »

After thinking about this issue overnight I've reverted to the 0.0.4 codebase and fixed the issue properly. If you used 0.0.5 or 0.0.6 your best bet is to remove the mod, load the save, save the game and re-add 0.0.7. I think I've taken the mess I created with those versions into account but because of a pretty bad bug in 0.0.6 the tanker state can be unknown. I'm going to be away for 4 days so I've left 0.0.4 up in case I missed something. Post bugs as you find them.

berni1212
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by berni1212 »

JamesOFarrell wrote:After thinking about this issue overnight I've reverted to the 0.0.4 codebase and fixed the issue properly. If you used 0.0.5 or 0.0.6 your best bet is to remove the mod, load the save, save the game and re-add 0.0.7. I think I've taken the mess I created with those versions into account but because of a pretty bad bug in 0.0.6 the tanker state can be unknown. I'm going to be away for 4 days so I've left 0.0.4 up in case I missed something. Post bugs as you find them.

Nice i Tested it and The bugs we had are fixed :) nice if we find any bugs we will Report them Instandly to you Thanks for that Awsome mod :) :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
WIP Test MODS
RailTanker [MP WIP]

AlphaRaptor
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by AlphaRaptor »

Is this mod also compatible with other Liquid's , Like Lava(DyTech) and Hydrogen(Bob's Mods)
Live your life like you want.
Mods are still Awesome , and i love Mods , for every Game.

Lov'in it.

JamesOFarrell
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by JamesOFarrell »

AlphaRaptor wrote:Is this mod also compatible with other Liquid's , Like Lava(DyTech) and Hydrogen(Bob's Mods)
It should be. Unless they are doing something funky (they are not) it should work

AlphaRaptor
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by AlphaRaptor »

JamesOFarrell wrote:
AlphaRaptor wrote:Is this mod also compatible with other Liquid's , Like Lava(DyTech) and Hydrogen(Bob's Mods)
It should be. Unless they are doing something funky (they are not) it should work

Thanks for the Quick answer , we will try it :mrgreen:
Live your life like you want.
Mods are still Awesome , and i love Mods , for every Game.

Lov'in it.

berni1212
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by berni1212 »

JamesOFarrell wrote:

Ok Thanks men if we finde any bugs we will Report them :=)

Have a Nice Trip what ever you are doing :D :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
WIP Test MODS
RailTanker [MP WIP]

The Lone Wolfling
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by The Lone Wolfling »

JamesOFarrell wrote:After thinking about this issue overnight I've reverted to the 0.0.4 codebase and fixed the issue properly.
I'd love to know more. What was the bug, what was the hacky fix, what was the problem with said hacky fix, what was the proper fix?

Great mod by the way. I just wish I could get rid of oil barrels altogether.

JamesOFarrell
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by JamesOFarrell »

The Lone Wolfling wrote:I'd love to know more. What was the bug, what was the hacky fix, what was the problem with said hacky fix, what was the proper fix?

Great mod by the way. I just wish I could get rid of oil barrels altogether.
The mod works by creating an invisible storage tank every time a rail tanker stops. It does this by storing a references to the rail tanker alongside some other info like how much fluid it has and if the storage tank proxy exists. To retrieve this info I iterate though the tanker info table and compare each entity until I find the one I need. Most of the time this works but when I am responding to the "tanker has been destroyed" event it seems that the event passes a valid object but the object reference in the table becomes invalid so comparing them gets the "Given entity doesn't exist anymore ".

The hacky solution I wrote quickly without thinking about the issue was to iterate over the list and remove any invalid tankers, destroying any proxies along the way if they existed. While this seems to work on paper the implementation missed a bunch of edge cases so the tankers table got into a mess. Then I released a quick fix for one of the edge cases but that ignored a bigger problem causing proxies to become disconnected when in manual mode. At this point it was a mess so i stopped and removed the version I posted.

Once I stopped to think I realized you can call entity.equals() on an entity that is invalid so I changed it from checking if the valid object equals the invalid one to checking if the invalid one equals the valid one. Did this is a 2 locations and the bug went away.

What do you use barrels for? The only time I've used them was to move oil around by train but I've seen some people do it so they can use logistics bots to move liquid.

The Lone Wolfling
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by The Lone Wolfling »

JamesOFarrell wrote:[neat info]
That makes sense. Thank you!
JamesOFarrell wrote: What do you use barrels for? The only time I've used them was to move oil around by train but I've seen some people do it so they can use logistics bots to move liquid.
Two things - for quick-and-dirty "I need oil now so I'm just going to use a car" (liquid transport by car, please?), and for the nuclear power mod.

If it weren't for nuclear power requiring it, I'd try to remove the item altogether.

(On a related note - a modular car / tank would be awesome. Especially if it added the ability to have liquid storage parts in it, either for fuel or for tankage.)

Also, is there any way you can indicate in some way the amount that is in a tanker car when it is moving?

n9103
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by n9103 »

Why wouldn't an OnEntityDied call work to remove the associated storage tank?
Colonel Failure wrote:You can lose your Ecologist Badge quite quickly once you get to the point of just being able to murder them willy-nilly without a second care in the world.

Return to “Mods”