Realistic Fusion Power

Topics and discussion about specific mods
nr2117
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Realistic Fusion Power

Post by nr2117 »

I tried to find a topic about this, couldn't.

I like it but I gotta confess, I cheat just to get to the direct fusion to energy converter. Can't find any lets plays on youtube about it either. Has anyone made any blueprints to make this easier? Would appreciate advice on a really fun mod, solar farms are boring.

DarkShadow44
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Realistic Fusion Power

Post by DarkShadow44 »

Not sure, what exactly are you looking for?

Hyperbar00
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Hyperbar00 »

I'm currently using it on my run.
I'm still not in the phase of megabase (I just reach 1.5k SPM) so my power needs aren't yet requiring the direct energy converter. My fission setup and the breeder + fusion + overflow reactors are more than enough.

However what are you exactly asking for ? The fusion setup is incredibly easy. You don't have to manage byproducts unlike uranium so you can just stockpile gases and use a circuit to activate the plasma heater only when needed. The additionnal heat exchanger and turbines are so compact you don't even need to worry about place.

Here is a pic of my breeder reactor.

Breeder

You can see that it doesn't require much space but each compact heat exchanger consumes a lot of water so prepare to build on landfill !
If you're interested I could put the blueprint and why not pics of the other reactors.

nr2117
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by nr2117 »

thanks yeah, blueprints would be nice. I hope someone (not me!) Makes a nice fusion power blueprint book, and in an ideal world it'd be compatible with Nilaus's city blocks as I love how neat they are.

Return to “Mods”