[1.1.56] Failed to load a non-modded save from a supported game version because of a NaN value

This subforum contains all the issues which we already resolved.
curiosity
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

[1.1.56] Failed to load a non-modded save from a supported game version because of a NaN value

Post by curiosity »

To reproduce, load the attached save.

Expected: the save from a supported version is loaded.

Observed: a so-called "notice" saying "NaN value loaded from input file. File could be corrupted.". Nothing else happens after dismissing the notice.
Attachments
lazy.zip
(35.74 MiB) Downloaded 99 times

curiosity
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [1.1.56] Failed to load a non-modded save from a supported game version because of a NaN value

Post by curiosity »

Whoever moved this from bug reports to technical help, mind explaining yourself? Or should I repost this in bug reports?

Stringweasel
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [1.1.56] Failed to load a non-modded save from a supported game version because of a NaN value

Post by Stringweasel »

Bug Reporst -> Technical Help -> Resolved

What happended?? :D

I have a save file that is also giving the exact same error message. It was running fine in the previous versions, but it failing now with this new check. I'm not sure what to look out for.
Alt-F4 Author | Factorio Modder
Mods: Hall of Fame | Better Victory Screen | Fluidic Power | Biter Power | Space Spidertron | Spidertron Dock | Weasel's Demolition Derby

Stringweasel
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Stringweasel »

My specific point of failure is:

Code: Select all

12.086 Loading level.dat: 3949242 bytes.
  12.088 Info Scenario.cpp:199: Map version 1.1.53-0
  12.180 Warning Map.cpp:346: Map loading failed: NaN value loaded from input file. File could be corrupted.
  12.359 Warning Map.cpp:346: Map loading failed: NaN value loaded from input file. File could be corrupted.
  12.387 Error AppManagerStates.cpp:1599: NaN value loaded from input file. File could be corrupted.
Mods: Hall of Fame | Better Victory Screen | Fluidic Power | Biter Power | Space Spidertron | Spidertron Dock | Weasel's Demolition Derby

Stringweasel
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Stringweasel »

Here is the save file.

It's one of my Hall of Fame simulations. It's the map Wube used to create the Trailer in 2014, which was then migrated through all the versions to 1.1. I had to manually delete some files inside the zip when I migrated. I have other many maps that's also *almost* that old, but none of them gives the corrupt error.

I'm just curious if there's some way to fix it without having to try the entire migration process again, which will take many hours. Maybe if I know *why* it fails I could hack it to work again.
Attachments
trailer_2014.zip
(3.05 MiB) Downloaded 53 times

Stringweasel
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Stringweasel »

Solved. It was a corrupted biter and a corrupted turret. I destroyed and replaced these entities in a previous version (1.1.53) where it still worked, and now it's solved. Bilka helped me determine where the corruption was detected, but you can apparently find the classes where the corruption happened yourself.
if you enable "log-stack-trace-on-non-critical-exception" (in the config/ the rest settings) it'll do that and you can see the classes in the stack trace. Note to disable it afterwards, it's very much a debug option

Return to “Resolved Problems and Bugs”