Finished PyMods (Alien Life not included)

pyanodon's mods are here

Moderator: pyanodon

fusion_future
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Finished PyMods (Alien Life not included)

Post by fusion_future »

Here's a link to the base. Give it some time to load, it should clear up a bit when you zoom:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/FK6RHRydRVthQc11A

I also attached the save file if you want to poke around

I started back on November 30th 2021.

282 hours, 17 minutes, and 57 seconds.
Pyanadon Done.png
Pyanadon Done.png (405.05 KiB) Viewed 2671 times
Mods list:
Pyanadon Mods.png
Pyanadon Mods.png (105.63 KiB) Viewed 2671 times
My first attempt only lasted about 30 hours as I didn't realize biters weren't quite compatible at the default settings.

Unfortunately I felt I nerfed the biters a bit too much in the second play through but live and learn I suppose:

Enemy Bases:
Freq: 50%
Size: 50%
Starting Size:
200%
Expansion: OFF
Evolution:
Time:0
Destroy:2
Pollution:1

Prior to this I did a Bob's+Angel's and that was great but Pyanadon's takes it to the next level and beyond.
I think it would be almost impossible to not use YAFC, absolutely instrumental in quickly planning out production lines.
When I do decide to play again I think I'll turn the freq and size of bases back to 100% and turn Destroy/Pollution up a bit but still leave Time at 0. Even with time at 0 the evo factor was well over .9.
Incredible playthrough, amazing mod (buildings, recipes, sounds effects, animations, etc.). Thank you very much Pyanadon! I can tell a ton of work went into this mod. Had to Patreon for a few months at top tier at the very least!
Attachments
DONE Pyanadon.zip
(29.6 MiB) Downloaded 72 times
Last edited by fusion_future on Thu Mar 31, 2022 1:53 pm, edited 3 times in total.

tuhe
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: Finished PyMods (Alien Life not included)

Post by tuhe »

wow! Congrats! I wonder how many have done that in total? (it has to be less than 100?). Do you think you could post a large-resolution screenshot of your base?
I am just curious, what part of the mod did you feel was the hardest?

fusion_future
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by fusion_future »

Thanks, I'll try to get a big screenshot tonight (trying to see what's the best method, console or via a mod).
I think the hardest part of the game changed throughout the game depending at where I was tech/resource wise.
Early on I would say power was an issue with MK1 powerhouses/electrolyzers as you need a lot of buildings in this mod (that take up a lot of power). Once I got MK2 power buildings it wasn't too bad and by the time those were capping out I had enriched enough uranium to go pretty much fully nuclear. It did take a little bit of planning on the nuclear plant as I did 2x8 so I had to carefully keep the pipe count down to ensure enough fluid throughput.

Towards the mid-late game I would say establishing a constant flow of resources was a bit of a challenge. It wasn't the hardest thing but there's just so many resources and dependences that it doesn't take much to disrupt the flow of science packs. That brings up a point that makes me really like this mod. You seem to get the chance to research a tech and gain access to a new building or recipe at the right time to keep up with the ever increasing demands of the factory. It has a great flow and sense of achieving the "next level" to face the next challenge.

Pridesfall
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Pridesfall »

Great job!

BlueTemplar
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by BlueTemplar »

Yeah, all those options and having to figure out what is the best path forward for your situation is what makes pY great ! (And the art of course !)

(And also sometimes maddening, when you realize that you forgot about a dependency item required for a building !)

Congratulations !!

YAFC is not really an option for me, I don't appreciate how it treats Linux as a second class citizen and forces you to use Microsoft software : GitHub and especially dotnet...

So far, I made do (both in 0.16 and in pYAL) with What is it Really Used For and Helmod. (Does YAFC manage to solve the Uranium 3 processing chain ?)
Helmod's Pin Production Block and Pipette Assembler tools are *really* convenient - a bonus of having the tool directly integrated inside Factorio !

----

Anyone else playing with biters?
viewtopic.php?f=219&t=98440
(Though this discussion kind of assumes Alien Life.)

Pre-Alien Life (and pre-Petroleum Handling), in 0.16 I had managed to get up to Blue Science on Death World (abusing the hell out of biter bugs in the hard stretch that are early blue biters).
viewtopic.php?p=442978#p442978
viewtopic.php?p=470820#p470820
viewtopic.php?f=219&t=79913
(By that point biters weren't a deadly threat any more - and I would probably have continued that game if I hadn't been too impatient to try out Petroleum Handling and Alien Life !)
BobDiggity (mod-scenario-pack)

Return to “PyMods”