We support Ukraine

Regular reports on Factorio development.
Gummiente27
Inserter
Inserter

Re: We support Ukraine

Post by Gummiente27 »

Clearly there are a couple individuals here who are either trolling or russian nationalists or paid by russia to post here.
The discussion does not lead anywhere, there is no way any of these pro-russian people reflect enough on themself.

Any evidence would be dismissed by the opposite party as completely fabricated.

Although on the one hand we have Putin's state-controlled media. Russians are threatend with hefty fines up to 15 years prison when they say that russia has invaded ukraine.
Russian media in russia was pro-mask and pro-vaccination while RT in every other country spread anti-mask and anti-vax lies.

On the other hand "western" media has people in the ukraine watching, showing pictures and videos. They are free to talk about what they want, one can for example see various small antimask media and RT not being sent to prison since 2020.
Sure, a bias does exist, but there is no opinion forced by the government. Media also does investigative journalism over here sometimes where is shows the government making mistakes, breaking their own rules or lie.

The russian media has shown in the coronavirus topic that its completely dishonest.

Russia has now invaded a country twice. First the krim and now the rest.

Arguments that ukraine has a war inside its country against some of its own people does not justify another country to enter. Argumenting that other countries did this too does not justify russia's actions as well.

tuhe
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by tuhe »

Djmixxx wrote: ↑
Fri Mar 11, 2022 3:31 pm
Have you forgotten that 30 years ago Russia was behind a full Iron Curtain?
There has also been one default and one near-default in these 30 years.
That the country's population outside of Moscow is so "not rich" that it cannot buy anything other than Russian production?
So your point is this: Slight economic hardship makes European make things up and believe outrageous things, for instance, that a bombed children's hospital could have contained children, and therefore we Europeans should not believe our lying eyes and free press?

Meanwhile, Russia, being an economically underperforming authoritarian shithole for about a century, is full of wise and well-informed peasant-philosophers who are thus unperturbed by minor inconveniences such as lines to the supermarket and having 25 years of economic growth erased. Therefore, there is no reason for someone (such as yourself) to reflect on whether Russian state media might --- just might --- not be 100% accurate with the biolabs/nukes/jew-nazis-stuff?

tuhe
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by tuhe »

Fri Mar 11, 2022 3:37 pm
And here you are unexpectedly right. Since hatred of the Nazis has been brought up in Russians for years. They will accept many restrictions in order to defeat those whom the authorities have called the Nazis. Europeans do not understand how strong this hatred is.
...meanwhile, Europeans, who famously never had any problems with nazis, ask all sorts of questions such as: "Are the people the authorities call nazis actually nazis?". Outrageous! Asking questions rather than solving the Jewish question once and for all is just what nazis would do!

Update: Apologies, my post should have read: Solving the Ukrainian question once and for all. Solving the Jewish question once and for all is actually what nazis would say, but if you say it about Ukrainians it is, like, totally cool.

Djmixxx
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Djmixxx »

Gummiente27 wrote: ↑
Fri Mar 11, 2022 3:41 pm
Clearly there are a couple individuals here who are either trolling or russian nationalists or paid by russia to post here.
The discussion does not lead anywhere, there is no way any of these pro-russian people reflect enough on themself.

Any evidence would be dismissed by the opposite party as completely fabricated.

Although on the one hand we have Putin's state-controlled media. Russians are threatend with hefty fines up to 15 years prison when they say that russia has invaded ukraine.
Russian media in russia was pro-mask and pro-vaccination while RT in every other country spread anti-mask and anti-vax lies.

On the other hand "western" media has people in the ukraine watching, showing pictures and videos. They are free to talk about what they want, one can for example see various small antimask media and RT not being sent to prison since 2020.
Sure, a bias does exist, but there is no opinion forced by the government. Media also does investigative journalism over here sometimes where is shows the government making mistakes, breaking their own rules or lie.

The russian media has shown in the coronavirus topic that its completely dishonest.

Russia has now invaded a country twice. First the krim and now the rest.

Arguments that ukraine has a war inside its country against some of its own people does not justify another country to enter. Argumenting that other countries did this too does not justify russia's actions as well.
You are right in almost everything except the Russian press. It looks like you feed your knowledge from the information provided by the Western press.
Until February 24, 2022, there was no difference between freedom of the press in Russia and Europe.

There were the same levels of press:
1) government press
2) city press
3) free press

The first press also supports the position of the authorities.
The second press covered the news of the city in which it was published
The third press covered the opinion of the opposition and everything that the first two presses were silent about.
(For example, the story with Navalny.) https://tvrain.ru/tag/18/

This is not an opinion from some press. Since I read the story with Navalny in the Russian press.
I think your are confusing my opinion with the truth.

mmmPI
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mmmPI »

Fri Mar 11, 2022 4:13 pm
Gummiente27 wrote: ↑
Fri Mar 11, 2022 3:41 pm

You are right in almost everything except the Russian press. It looks like you feed your knowledge from the information provided by the Western press.
Until February 24, 2022, there was no difference between freedom of the press in Russia and Europe.
obviously one has to also read russian media to know the duplicity of the RT group, to have a pro-vaccine pro-mask stance in Russia, while the opposite everywhere no ?

If you think this is no difference it's ok it's your opinion you give a lot it doesn't make it true.

Particularly when you refer to something like "the press in Europe" which is ridiculous you complained yourself earlier than in latvia it was particular vs other country, and i explained to you already than france and germany have different laws. Now you say it's the same in Europe and in Russia, that 's like saying the press in Asia.

It seem to me pretty clear that in Europe now you do not risk 15 years of jail for having a pro or against stance against the attempt of invasion of Ukraine by russian soldiers.

tuhe
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by tuhe »

It seem to me pretty clear that in Europe now you do not risk 15 years of jail for having a pro or against stance against the attempt of invasion of Ukraine by russian soldiers.
Agree. Another very important comparison is whether one is free to protest against the regime, or whether critical journalists or opposition leaders have a habit of getting killed under strange circumstances.

But I guess people are free to protest the regime in Russia.. they will even be invited to protest from the comfort of a jail cell!

Djmixxx
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Djmixxx »

tuhe wrote: ↑
Fri Mar 11, 2022 4:36 pm
Agree. Another very important comparison is whether one is free to protest against the regime, or whether critical journalists or opposition leaders have a habit of getting killed under strange circumstances.

But I guess people are free to protest the regime in Russia.. they will even be invited to protest from the comfort of a jail cell!
gGeorg wrote: ↑
Wed Mar 02, 2022 3:46 pm

As long as the highest czech judge officially announced/offered up to 3 years in jail for wrong comment on Internet about Ukraine,Russia or Russian president. I cannot contribute.
No one do not jail you in russia , now it penalty. (https://www.bbcrussian.com/russian/features-60668096)
20 000 rub = 155,79 EUR

Djmixxx
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Djmixxx »

Safety of journalists
and the fighting of
corruption in the EU (2020)
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q ... 9x2oahyjAq

Djmixxx
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Djmixxx »

My company works with state offices in Europe.
If you DEFINITELY do not know about the size of corruption, then it is better to be silent. And I will be silent. I still want to live.

enterisys
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by enterisys »

Fri Mar 11, 2022 4:45 pm
No one do not jail you in russia , now it penalty. (https://www.bbcrussian.com/russian/features-60668096)
20 000 rub = 155,79 EUR
Keep that to yourself.

Global news media said they were suspending reporting in Russia to protect their journalists after a new law that threatened jail terms of up to 15 years for spreading "fake news".

mmmPI
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mmmPI »

20 000 rub = 155,79 EUR
Yes because there is no more room at the moment it's all full because of those dangerous protesters : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nmn_r_yelJ8

Fri Mar 11, 2022 4:51 pm
Safety of journalists
and the fighting of
Pick random .pdf after basic google search and expect anyone to lose time reading what is well known anyway since there are news media in EU ?
!
Do the same about "War in Ukraine" or "Russian's invasion on Ukraine", or "Russian army war in Ukraine" and you will be put on the waiting list for when the next jail cell open no ?

tuhe
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by tuhe »

gGeorg wrote: ↑
Wed Mar 02, 2022 3:46 pm

As long as the highest czech judge officially announced/offered up to 3 years in jail for wrong comment on Internet about Ukraine,Russia or Russian president. I cannot contribute.
20 000 rub = 155,79 EUR
  • It is a prosecutor, not a judge. It is his idea.
  • Prosecutors and judges do not make laws. The parliament does.
  • What appears to perhaps make it into law is supporting genocide or crimes: https://balkaninsight.com/2022/03/01/cz ... -invasion/ . I am against such a law in many circumstances because of the free-speech implications, but let's call it what it is.
  • Meanwhile in Russia: "(Berlin) – Russia has enacted two laws, adopted and brought into force on March 4, that criminalize independent war reporting and protesting the war, with penalties of up to 15 years in prison, Human Rights Watch said today." https://www.hrw.org/news/2022/03/07/rus ... r-protests
What about this: How about we film each other, standing in front of the parliament holding signs in a small peaceful protest? Your sign can say: "Putin should resign and be held accountable". My sign will say: "Frederiksen should resign and be held accountable"?
Last edited by tuhe on Fri Mar 11, 2022 5:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tuhe
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by tuhe »

Fri Mar 11, 2022 4:51 pm

Safety of journalists
and the fighting of
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q ... 9x2oahyjAq
From your reference, about my country:
"Denmark and Sweden present well-rooted cultures of political and societal appreciation of independent media and journalism, in which autonomous systems of journalistic ethics feature strongly."

Russia, for reference:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Media_fre ... ia_outlets

I guess your point is that Russia has a very restricted press relative to e.g. Scandinavia. I completely agree! Just be careful about saying stuff like that online or the ministry of truth might want a word!

Djmixxx
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Djmixxx »

Half of Latvia wants to migrate to Sweden or Norway.

Djmixxx
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Djmixxx »

Fri Mar 11, 2022 5:00 pm
What about this: How about we film each other, standing in front of the parliament holding signs in a small peaceful protest? Your sign can say: "Putin should resign and be held accountable". My sign will say: "Frederiksen should resign and be held accountable"?
All become worst after an attempt to poison Navalny.

Navalny lived freely in Russia and calmly called
Putin's party: "Party of crooks and thieves"

It was written on the poster at the rallies.
Attachments
IMG_7349-1.jpg
IMG_7349-1.jpg (155.74 KiB) Viewed 2186 times
Last edited by Djmixxx on Fri Mar 11, 2022 5:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Djmixxx
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Djmixxx »

mmmPI wrote: ↑
Fri Mar 11, 2022 4:58 pm
Yes because there is no more room at the moment it's all full because of those dangerous protesters : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nmn_r_yelJ8
:lol: radio freedom is the western analogue of RT in Russia. (only proven provocations)

Find a better source from independent press.

mmmPI
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mmmPI »

Fri Mar 11, 2022 5:46 pm

radio freedom is the western analogue of RT in Russia. (only proven provocations)

Find a better source from independent press.
Are you saying RT is only provocation ?

Like trying to hide the war russia launched on ukraine ?

https://www.independent.co.uk/tech/russ ... 32882.html

Djmixxx
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Djmixxx »

https://hromadske.ua/ru/amp/posts/v-kie ... narushenij

Peaceful demonstration in Kiev (1.01.2022) with peaceful posters.
Attachments
164701564816321380.jpg
164701564816321380.jpg (437.96 KiB) Viewed 2166 times

enterisys
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by enterisys »

Fri Mar 11, 2022 6:14 pm
https://hromadske.ua/ru/amp/posts/v-kie ... narushenij

Peaceful demonstration in Kiev (1.01.2022) with peaceful posters.
You already posted this picture and gotten full reply.

Djmixxx
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Djmixxx »

mmmPI wrote: ↑
Fri Mar 11, 2022 6:03 pm
Are you saying RT is only provocation ?

Like trying to hide the war russia launched on ukraine ?

https://www.independent.co.uk/tech/russ ... 32882.html
I am saying that both goverment propaganda , one from Russia , one from West. Do not expect from both true story about situation.
Last edited by Djmixxx on Fri Mar 11, 2022 6:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to β€œNews”