We support Ukraine

Regular reports on Factorio development.
Djmixxx
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: We support Ukraine

Post by Djmixxx »

PacifyerGrey wrote:
Thu Mar 10, 2022 6:33 pm

Just fyi Mariupol is currently surrounded and under siege. You can not expect stuff like ambulances and the maternity hospitals operate normally. The city is currently bombarded so heavily that I just can’t imagine how you can even move there at all. And Russians are shelling all attempts to evacuate civilians from there.

So yeah continue getting truth from .ru domains in the internet
No bombarders in Mariupol at this time , cease fire agreement from both sides.

Google translate from russian :

A ceasefire for the evacuation of civilians is being introduced along six humanitarian corridors. This was announced on Wednesday, March 9, by Deputy Prime Minister of Ukraine, Minister for the Reintegration of Uncontrolled Territories Irina Vereshchuk.

“The military agrees to cease fire from 09:00 to 21:00 of the current day,” she said at a briefing.

Thus, the ceasefire regime is being introduced on the Energodar-Zaporozhye, Sumy-Poltava, Mariupol-Zaporozhye, Volnovakha-Pokrovsk, Izyum-Lozovaya routes, as well as in the direction of Kyiv from the settlements of Vorzel, Bucha, Borodyanka, Irpin, Gostomel of the Kiev region.
I think your are confusing my opinion with the truth.

enterisys
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by enterisys »

Djmixxx wrote:
Thu Mar 10, 2022 7:30 pm

A ceasefire for the evacuation of civilians is being introduced along six humanitarian corridors. This was announced on Wednesday, March 9, by Deputy Prime Minister of Ukraine, Minister for the Reintegration of Uncontrolled Territories Irina Vereshchuk.

“The military agrees to cease fire from 09:00 to 21:00 of the current day,” she said at a briefing.

Thus, the ceasefire regime is being introduced on the Energodar-Zaporozhye, Sumy-Poltava, Mariupol-Zaporozhye, Volnovakha-Pokrovsk, Izyum-Lozovaya routes, as well as in the direction of Kyiv from the settlements of Vorzel, Bucha, Borodyanka, Irpin, Gostomel of the Kiev region.
Ah yes the same kind of ceasefire that lavrov announced russians are not invading Ukraine?

ptx0
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: We support Peace

Post by ptx0 »

Gergely wrote:
Thu Mar 03, 2022 7:54 pm
The way I see it, both sides can choose to end the war. Both sides have the choice to resolve the situation peacefully. Russia obviously has the option to retreat. Or Ukraine can agree to fulfill Russia's demands. The following is my take on it, as a neutral observer.
by stating that Ukraine can end Russia's "special operation", you're not neutral. not even close.
Instead of siding with one nation, let us be on the side of peace and realize that both are to blame for the ongoing war and suffering. If you disagree that your side is to blame, well there are plenty of arguments from both sides that are just shifting the blame. We should be hoping that other nations do not enter the war (in the name of peace or justice or whatever) and escalate the situation into possibly a third world war.
this is isn't some unique victim blaming tactic here, it's exactly what Putin's cronies have been saying as he shells civilian centres
@Devs if you publicly take a political side, you will in a way alienate at least a small portion of your community who oppose that view.
as proponents of free speech would say, it's not Wube's job to worry about how their community will respond to their beliefs. what you're wanting is to chill their freedom to speak. so they feel less inclined to speak out in the future. wtf is wrong with you?
This should have been the lesson from a bit less than a year ago when some few could not help associating you with certain political views, which was never your intention. I understand that people living in Ukraine are not exactly having a good time right now, but like I said both sides can choose to end the suffering as in a way both are causing it to the civilians by either action or inaction.
I was one of those who was confused by that and "took a stand" against kovarex's statements on various subjects. even I would defend Wube's right to speak their mind - even if it's stuff I disagree with. why not? it's just words. why should I want them to walk on egg-shells and be afraid to speak to their community?

if someone says something I disagree with, that helps me decide whether to contribute money their direction. personally, it made me less inclined to spend on the DLC. now that they've posted a based message in support of Ukraine, I am now reconsidering purchasing the DLC. does that matter to you? no. I sure hope it doesn't. that's my own choice, my own life.

wouldn't expect you to police my thoughts, and i damn sure wouldn't want you to police anyone else's. even if it's bigoted.

Engimage
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Engimage »

Djmixxx wrote:
Thu Mar 10, 2022 7:30 pm
PacifyerGrey wrote:
Thu Mar 10, 2022 6:33 pm

Just fyi Mariupol is currently surrounded and under siege. You can not expect stuff like ambulances and the maternity hospitals operate normally. The city is currently bombarded so heavily that I just can’t imagine how you can even move there at all. And Russians are shelling all attempts to evacuate civilians from there.

So yeah continue getting truth from .ru domains in the internet

As I said please continue to translate russian media here. We do not have enough of this shit.

For the sanity’s sake I can assure others that all possible corridors were shelled, in the vast majority of the listed cities. Only few of civilians did evacuate under heavy fire. Only Sumy-Poltava corridor had some success.

And Mariupol is currently just bombed to death including all of the civilians.

And you amuse me by your knowledge of the best way to bomb cities. I wish you experience it yourself instead of trash talking on forums.

Djmixxx
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Djmixxx »

PacifyerGrey wrote:
Thu Mar 10, 2022 8:21 pm
And you amuse me by your knowledge of the best way to bomb cities. I wish you experience it yourself instead of trash talking on forums.
If the way Iraqi civilians are killed amuses you, I don't think I have anything to add.
And if you are answering a question, then answer all the questions, not just the ones that are convenient for you.

enterisys
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by enterisys »

Djmixxx wrote:
Thu Mar 10, 2022 8:29 pm
If the way Iraqi civilians are killed amuses you, I don't think I have anything to add.
And if you are answering a question, then answer all the questions, not just the ones that are convenient for you.
US bombed Iraq, now we have right to bomb Ukraine. Logic 900%.

Engimage
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Engimage »

Djmixxx wrote:
Thu Mar 10, 2022 8:29 pm
PacifyerGrey wrote:
Don’t you dare derail my words. I said I am amused by your knowledge of how to kill better, not by death of civilians.

And imagine there are people answering only those questions they have a real knowledge of, not translating some bs propaganda.

Djmixxx
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Djmixxx »

enterisys wrote:
Thu Mar 10, 2022 8:37 pm
US bombed Iraq, now we have right to bomb Ukraine. Logic 900%.
Beautifully you change the meaning of my text.

No country has the right to bomb a foreign country, and all countries that do so should be equally punished with sanctions.

"US bombed Iraq, now we have right to bomb Ukraine. Logic 900%."
Even for you it makes sense. And it's strange that this don't understand in Russia

Djmixxx
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Djmixxx »

PacifyerGrey wrote:
Thu Mar 10, 2022 8:50 pm
Don’t you dare derail my words. I said I am amused by your knowledge of how to kill better, not by death of civilians.
Excuse me, I misunderstood you.
PacifyerGrey wrote:
And imagine there are people answering only those questions they have a real knowledge of, not translating some bs propaganda.
And this is where I disagree with you. No one on this forum do not have real knowledge of the situation. Only our opinions. We already discussed that early.

mmmPI
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mmmPI »

Djmixxx wrote:
Thu Mar 10, 2022 9:11 pm
PacifyerGrey wrote:
Excuse me, I misunderstood you.
PacifyerGrey wrote:
And this is where I disagree with you. No one on this forum do not have real knowledge of the situation. Only our opinions. We already discussed that early.

Yes and it's clear to everyone that you do not know everyone. Therefore you have no rationnal saying no-one has real knowledge. There could potentially be people with real knowledge.

But i guess it's more convenient to flood as much discussion channel with some obscurantism saying it's impossible to get truth, therefore everything should be considered equally as it's worth the same piece of truth wether it comes from 3rd party of the conflict or not.

Classic smoke screen but a bit old as argument

FuryoftheStars
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by FuryoftheStars »

Djmixxx wrote:
Thu Mar 10, 2022 7:17 pm
FuryoftheStars wrote:
Thu Mar 10, 2022 3:53 pm
1) Well, I expect the number of people there would be greatly reduced due to the war and evacuations, but I believe I had also heard that a number of the dead were buried under collapsed debris? These photos could be before (or in some cases, after) they've dug them out. They may also be taking the dead to a different staging area than the injured. And as I believe you were also alluding to, photos with actual corpses in them may not have been shared directly with the media out of privacy and respect for the dead.
Where I took the this foto, there was a foto of two male bodies covered with a sheet.

Russian propaganda about this:
https://eadaily.com/ru/news/2022/03/10/ ... -mariupole
Ok. I feel as though that only reinforces my point. I mean, if they're taking pictures of every body where it lays (like you would for a crime scene and a part of me doubts they are doing it this way), I don't expect them to share those photos with the media. The ones where they've pulled them out and then covered with a sheet, yes. But not knowing where they were in the recovery efforts as of when the currently published photos were taken, it's hard to say if that's the "full picture" or not.

As such, I don't see where any of this should be considered as an "inconsistency", as if to cast doubt on the Ukraine report of the incident.
My Mods: Classic Factorio Basic Oil Processing | Sulfur Production from Oils | Wood to Oil Processing | Infinite Resources - Normal Yield | Tree Saplings (Redux) | Alien Biomes Tweaked | Restrictions on Artificial Tiles

Djmixxx
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Djmixxx »

PacifyerGrey wrote:

As I said please continue to translate russian media here. We do not have enough of this shit.
Ok. RIA news.

Google translate:
"
The fake shelling of the maternity hospital in Mariupol could be timed not so much to the trip of Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov to talks in Turkey, but to the general situation in the EU and the USA, where the media need to convince their own population of Russia's "cruelty", the political scientist believes.
"A lot of things are being prepared for this now. For example, a provocation near Kharkov with ammonia. It is obvious that since the anti-Russian sanctions hit Europe and the United States quite painfully, the people need to be given an explanation - why should they endure this? For what? Here is such an obvious explanation: because the Russian regime is so bad, it bombs maternity hospitals, and something must be sacrificed to resist it. So both the technology and the goal-setting are absolutely understandable," the agency's interlocutor concluded.

"

enterisys
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by enterisys »

Djmixxx wrote:
Thu Mar 10, 2022 10:19 pm
Ok. RIA news.

Google translate:
"
The fake shelling of the maternity hospital in Mariupol could be timed not so much to the trip of Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov to talks in Turkey, but to the general situation in the EU and the USA, where the media need to convince their own population of Russia's "cruelty", the political scientist believes.
"A lot of things are being prepared for this now. For example, a provocation near Kharkov with ammonia. It is obvious that since the anti-Russian sanctions hit Europe and the United States quite painfully, the people need to be given an explanation - why should they endure this? For what? Here is such an obvious explanation: because the Russian regime is so bad, it bombs maternity hospitals, and something must be sacrificed to resist it. So both the technology and the goal-setting are absolutely understandable," the agency's interlocutor concluded.

"
Dude's doing gods work posting news from banned websites so we can see the truth :D

ptx0
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by ptx0 »

enterisys wrote:
Thu Mar 10, 2022 10:31 pm
Dude's doing gods work posting news from banned websites so we can see the truth :D
the truth as according to the kremlin?

https://www.reuters.com/world/europe/ru ... 022-03-10/
LONDON, March 10 (Reuters) - Russia shifted its stance over the bombing of a Ukrainian hospital in the city of Mariupol, with a mix of statements on Thursday that veered between aggressive denials and a call by the Kremlin to establish clear facts.

Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskiy said three people including a child had been killed in the bombing on Wednesday, and rejected Russian assertions there had been no patients there.

enterisys
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by enterisys »

Exclusive: Facebook temporarily allows posts on Ukraine war calling for violence against invading Russians or Putin's death

Meta spokesman Joe Osborne previously said the company was "for the time being, making a narrow exception for praise of the Azov Regiment strictly in the context of defending Ukraine, or in their role as part of the Ukraine National Guard."

https://www.reuters.com/world/europe/ex ... 022-03-10/

Oof russian bots are burning rn.

mmmPI
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mmmPI »

enterisys wrote:
Fri Mar 11, 2022 12:25 am
Exclusive: Facebook temporarily allows posts on Ukraine war calling for violence against invading Russians or Putin's death
oh wow, i thought it was twitter the place for hate and that facebook war more about the self-love

i think this is an example of situation where i would use the ability to choose to self-censor, there is the choice that is offered to call for violence or death but one can call for peace still !

Djmixxx
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Djmixxx »

mmmPI wrote:
Fri Mar 11, 2022 12:47 am
oh wow, i thought it was twitter the place for hate and that facebook war more about the self-love
When your balls are in Uncle Joe's hands, things are different.
And in general thanks to the situation. Now can immediately see what the words about freedom of choice mean.

Djmixxx
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Djmixxx »

enterisys wrote:
Thu Mar 10, 2022 10:31 pm
You asked, I wrote.
Ria is not banned, it's just in Russian.
As well as a lot of western news available from russia, but it's in english.
In my country the same Russian propaganda is not available, the same as yours.

Djmixxx
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Djmixxx »

Sorry, double post.
Last edited by Djmixxx on Fri Mar 11, 2022 7:18 am, edited 2 times in total.

Djmixxx
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Djmixxx »

ptx0 wrote:
Fri Mar 11, 2022 12:22 am
the truth as according to the kremlin?

https://www.reuters.com/world/europe/ru ... 022-03-10/
For russian bots special: THIS IS NOT MY OPINION

The position of the Russian government:
We warned everyone two days ago that there are no patients there and the hospital is a military base

Russian network segment:
-with such huge explosions so few victims
-professional photographer at the scene of the explosion
-photos only from this photographer
-well-known Instagram model in Ukraine as the main victim of walking around the building
-the situation helped the Ukrainian president to show the inhumanity of the Russian troops and was immediately distributed by all publications.

This is my opinion.

As the proverb says, in any situation, look for someone who benefits from it.

And let's not confuse the information war with the real one. Ukraine is very good in information war.

Example of information war , where russian suck :
Ukraine: The Russian military surrounded the island of snakes and offered to surrender to the brave Ukrainian soldiers, the Ukrainian soldiers replied "Русский корабль, иди на х*й." Unfortunately, all ~13 defenders of the island died.
All presented to the government award. The news spreads all over the world

Russia: We have captured the Ukrainian island of snakes. All defenders surrendered.
After 3 days, ~82 defenders of the island were taken to the Russian base and were identified by relatives. (as it turned out, the Ukrainian side did not know how many soldiers were on the island.) No one talked much about it.

Ukraine: We are withdrawing awards for soldiers. No one talked much about it.

Now for many countries " Русский корабль , иди на х*й" it is words of support Ukraina , but for Russians it is "please do not kill and take prisoner alive"

Return to “News”