Bugs that are actually features.
KeepResearchinSpoons
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

[1.1.55] Server filters are reset on restart

Post by KeepResearchinSpoons »

WHAT?
recently the headless thingy got added as the 4th filter;
However, when you exit-and-restart the game the filters are reset to ANY state (at least for me)
2022-03-07_f1.1.55__broken_filters.png
2022-03-07_f1.1.55__broken_filters.png (15.48 KiB) Viewed 2237 times
Same goes for the sort-by-column thing that gets reset to by-name...

other half-on-topic stuff
imo, passw and mods filters at least are pretty much important to be persistent.
Not only it could be possible to request a smaller json, (I do not care about the other half (or 3/4?) of the tree right now, right?) if you set the filters right in the first place (aka faster "load" time),
but you would save the player a few clicks (and possibly list render time) each time they start a game anew!

these are actually important extra clicks in the usual hot path btw

Thus, please, do another "beta" release, as 1.1.55 is not ready to be the stable version imo. This *little* detail is quite oblivious each time you (re)start a game, so I am pretty surprised it was not reported before.

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [1.1.55] GUI; public lobby filters are not persistent through game restart now

Post by Rseding91 »

Thanks for the report however that change was done on purpose.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

KindOne
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: [1.1.55] GUI; public lobby filters are not persistent through game restart now

Post by KindOne »

Any reason why this was done on purpose?

I would call this a regression since the settings are not being saved.

I don't play on servers with mods.
I don't play on servers with passwords.

Having to filter them out each time is very annoying.

Can this be made a setting?

FuryoftheStars
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by FuryoftheStars »

(Sounds like a suggestion thread should be made.)
My Mods: Classic Factorio Basic Oil Processing | Sulfur Production from Oils | Wood to Oil Processing | Infinite Resources - Normal Yield | Tree Saplings (Redux) | Alien Biomes Tweaked | Restrictions on Artificial Tiles

MiniHerc
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by MiniHerc »

Rseding91 wrote:
Mon Mar 07, 2022 8:55 pm
Thanks for the report however that change was done on purpose.
Griefing the playerbase was done on purpose? Why? Those settings need to be saved.

This means that every time someone loads it up, they have to set the filters all over again, adding up to years of additional effort forced upon the playerbase. I thought Factorio was about efficiency.

typical_guy
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by typical_guy »

This was done on purpose? wut? why?

For me, i never play on server with passwords, i never play with on servers with 0 people and i never play on servers with mods.
This is definitely a regression.
Now every time i load the multiplayer screen, i have to click on those 3 radio buttons, super annoying.

Another thing that doesn't get preserved anymore is the sorting of the games, I always sort by player count descending.

Timin8ore
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Timin8ore »

typical_guy wrote:
Fri Apr 08, 2022 11:50 pm
This was done on purpose? wut? why?

For me, i never play on server with passwords, i never play with on servers with 0 people and i never play on servers with mods.
This is definitely a regression.
Now every time i load the multiplayer screen, i have to click on those 3 radio buttons, super annoying.

Another thing that doesn't get preserved anymore is the sorting of the games, I always sort by player count descending.
I agree with all these points, it is annoying to have to select all these every time I restart, when I chose the exact same options each time

_CodeGreen
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: [1.1.55] Server filters are reset on restart

Post by _CodeGreen »

Sounds like it could be in the settings, "save public game browser filters," and set it to default off. That way, you guys don't have to complain about clicking 3 times and new players don't have to complain about why they can't see their friend's game.
My Mods | If you can't make it perfect, make it adjustable

Return to “Not a bug”