We support Ukraine

Regular reports on Factorio development.
aaleo
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: We support Ukraine

Post by aaleo »

In the Czech Republic, inflation for January is 9.9% Why is there no news about this?

jhbtang@gmail.com
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by jhbtang@gmail.com »

I loved Factorio. I decided to come by to see what was new. I was very disappointed that the game dev has taken a side. I just made an account so I can say my piece. And I'm never coming back. Not much of a forum guy.

I used to hate politics. I've discovered over the last few years that it was my responsibility to speak up as someone who is more logically inclined. Every person's voice matters. Don't leave the fate of the world to the loud, shallow, emotional, obnoxious voices.

My perspective is simple. Stop the conflict, have dialogue until everyone can move forward in peace. And you can't have peace when you dehumanize the side that you disagree with. Stop taking sides and encourage dialogue. The side that is unwilling to talk, no matter the reason, is war mongering.

People like to hate on Putin. What I saw was a man uniting and fixing a corrupt nation. The more I look into Ukraine, the more corrupt it appears.

I encourage everyone, especially those who hate Russia to fully watch the videos below. If it doesn't change your mind then so be it.

Azov neo nazi in ukraine
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5SBo0ak ... x=1&t=118s

The Ukraine Invasion Situation is Not Black and White
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EyVp4oQvucs&t=19s

More reporting on the ground, more Azov imagery
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FG1fuhK ... yQ&index=4

Sounds a bit like Russian propaganda, I honestly don't know enough to judge this video. It is nonetheless interesting to watch.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u-bTeV6 ... ex=2&t=27s

Here's why I don't trust legacy media. They've openly lied to our faces for 2 years. What makes you think they'll stop? Below is a list of what was reported on Ukraine and the reality of the situation
1. residential areas attacked: Ukrainian forces were stationing under bridges in city center, setting up mortars in school yards and parks, stationing snipers on the top level of inhabited apartments and troops on the lower levels.
2. Russian military vehicle runs over a civilian car: It was actually a Ukrainian vehicle chasing after Russians and then lost control
3. Numerous fake videos, old footages, game videos were released some by the Ukraine government
4. Denazification: scoffed at, completely disregarded. What bout Azov? look at the videos above and tell me it isn't insane
5. Russia wants to take over Ukraine entirely and then he'll repeat for the rest of the neighboring countries: Putin stated from the beginning that he'll withdraw after he demilitarize and denazified Ukraine.

Now you might say, you still can't trust Putin. He's lying menace. Just look at Crimea.

First, that was voted on by the people inhabiting that land just like east Ukraine was. You might say that was illegitimate. In Canada, we have a PM who was voted into office by 32% of the population. And he continues to do things to divide the population. Why is the Canadian PM legitimate? What is actually legitimate?

Second, how can we have a dialogue when you just accuse the other side of lying? Where does this lead? What else is there to do if dialogue is not an option? Let's just kill each other until the world is sent back to the stone ages.

Stop demonizing, stop assuming, stop encouraging the fighting. Dialogue and peace. You're a war monger for wanting anything different. This includes "not wanting to discuss because Putin already made up his mind".

snow-factory
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by snow-factory »

aaleo wrote:
Sat Mar 05, 2022 10:36 am
In the Czech Republic, inflation for January is 9.9% Why is there no news about this?
Inflation wass in the new daily for the past few months, it is well noted by the general population. One of the recent interviews given by Czech PM to one of the biggest media is whole only about the inflation. Check out what free country news look like.

For the past week, the discussion in the news is mostly about how Putin invaded Ukraine and is using rockets for bombarding cities full of civilians :!:

btw: This thread is about Putin's terror in Ukraine. Please stop the whataboutism. We all know you are a paid (or completely brainwashed) Russian troll, you will not confuse anyone here. Factorio is a puzzle game, smart people play it.

enterisys
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by enterisys »

snow-factory wrote:
Sat Mar 05, 2022 11:31 am
Factorio is a puzzle game, smart people play it.
:D

FuryoftheStars
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by FuryoftheStars »

jhbtang@gmail.com wrote:
Sat Mar 05, 2022 10:59 am
Stop taking sides and encourage dialogue.

[…]

What I saw was a man uniting and fixing a corrupt nation.

[…]

Azov neo nazi in ukraine

[…]

Here's why I don't trust legacy media. They've openly lied to our faces for 2 years.

[…]

Russia wants to take over Ukraine entirely and then he'll repeat for the rest of the neighboring countries: Putin stated from the beginning that he'll withdraw after he demilitarize and denazified Ukraine.
So much wrong with your post, but as I’m posting from a phone, I don’t want to try properly splitting the quotes and am not gonna address every point.

1) How is picking a side not encouraging a stop in the conflict? I mean, seriously, those of us picking Ukraine’s side are saying “stop the conflict and pull out!”

2) What I see is a corrupt, power hungry man trying to bring Russia to its former glory. But I’m guessing you’re either a paid bot or someone who’s really had the wool pulled over their eyes.

3) Every country has Nazis. The US has Nazis. Even Russia has Nazis. This doesn’t make the country Nazi.

4) Seriously? You think media has been lying about covid, masks, and vaccines? What happened to being logically inclined?

5) Right, like he said from the beginning that he wasn’t going to invade Ukraine, that it was only a training exercise, and even now continues to tell his own people that they’re still not invading and it’s just a “special operation”?

And I just gotta ask, even if Nazis were that rife in Ukraine, who died and made him police of other countries?

Frankly, the fact that almost every other government out there disagrees with his stance should say something!
My Mods: Classic Factorio Basic Oil Processing | Sulfur Production from Oils | Wood to Oil Processing | Infinite Resources - Normal Yield | Tree Saplings (Redux) | Alien Biomes Tweaked | Restrictions on Artificial Tiles

GEOEGII555
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by GEOEGII555 »

mikiqex wrote:
Wed Mar 02, 2022 10:59 am
Gergely wrote:
Wed Mar 02, 2022 10:52 am
Suddenly politics?
Did you see what lies Russian state media outlets are writing about the war? More places writing about it may tell more Russians what's actually going on.

---

After your edit: We Czechs had our own 40 years of experience with Russian "liberators", that's why Wube's stance is justified. Soviets invaded us in 1968 and it was painfully similar, like the boys in tanks was told we did an uprising and when they arrived, they was confused that nothing is going on. Or that Russians didn't arrive alone.
If the president is really lying to us (Russians), what is really going on? :?:

jodokus31
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by jodokus31 »

jhbtang@gmail.com wrote:
I loved Factorio. I decided to come by to see what was new. I was very disappointed that the game dev has taken a side. I just made an account so I can say my piece. And I'm never coming back. Not much of a forum guy.
The victims of war should be supported with humanitarian help, no matter which side. As I see, devs taking side for Ukrainian civilians who suffer from this situation.

enterisys
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by enterisys »

jodokus31 wrote:
Sat Mar 05, 2022 2:22 pm
The victims of war should be supported with humanitarian help, no matter which side. As I see, devs taking side for Ukrainian civilians who suffer from this situation.
Exactly, meanwhile putin is claiming hes not bombing civilians despite Hague initiating war crime investigation against him. Was there such investigation regarding so called "bombing of "civilians" of Donbas"? Dont remember sorry.

jodokus31
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by jodokus31 »

enterisys wrote:
Sat Mar 05, 2022 2:40 pm
jodokus31 wrote:
Sat Mar 05, 2022 2:22 pm
Exactly, meanwhile putin is claiming hes not bombing civilians despite Hague initiating war crime investigation against him. Was there such investigation regarding so called "bombing of "civilians" of Donbas"? Dont remember sorry.
The situation in Donbas since 2014 is very unclear to me. Western media did not report much. But I would assume, that civilians also suffered immensely.

enterisys
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by enterisys »

jodokus31 wrote:
Sat Mar 05, 2022 2:50 pm
The situation in Donbas since 2014 is very unclear to me. Western media did not report much. But I would assume, that civilians also suffered immensely.
That's because "civilians also suffered immensely" is through prism of russian media which were proved to be constantly posting fakes or manipulating facts. putin obviously knew that any competent investigation debunk any accusations.
Just look at Donetsk 6m ago https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EGcQWQuqSCo (from ru propaganda BTW). Now compare to footage from Kharkiv over the past week.

jodokus31
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by jodokus31 »

enterisys wrote:
Sat Mar 05, 2022 3:04 pm
jodokus31 wrote:
Sat Mar 05, 2022 2:50 pm
That's because "civilians also suffered immensely" is through prism of russian media...
civilians always suffer in a military conflict, which was likely to be present there. But honestly, I don't know what is true and I'm very suspicious, if somebody claims that.

enterisys
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by enterisys »

https://9gag.com/gag/aVxgbPy
Ukrainian nazi trying to get NATO supplied AK-47 to go kill civilians in Donetsk.

Djmixxx
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Djmixxx »

jhbtang@gmail.com wrote:
Stop demonizing, stop assuming, stop encouraging the fighting. Dialogue and peace. You're a war monger for wanting anything different. This includes "not wanting to discuss because Putin already made up his mind".
Thanks for your post. Many important things have been said. As a participant in the discussion here, I advise you not to respond to all the answers. In this tread there are Nazis from Ukraine who are not ready for dialogue. Their backlash is humiliating and refutes your facts without evidence.
I think your are confusing my opinion with the truth.

Djmixxx
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Djmixxx »

FuryoftheStars wrote:
Sat Mar 05, 2022 2:00 pm
3) Every country has Nazis. The US has Nazis. Even Russia has Nazis. This doesn’t make the country Nazi.
But only in one country this Nazi support government.
FuryoftheStars wrote:
Sat Mar 05, 2022 2:00 pm
And I just gotta ask, even if Nazis were that rife in Ukraine, who died and made him police of other countries?
If you know the history of Europe, there was a period in 1930-1945 when in one country the government supported the Nazis. And the countries then thought about, who we are in order to correct the situation. Do you need to be reminded what happened as a result? Perhaps now one country has learned from history, while others are again afraid?

aaleo
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by aaleo »

snow-factory wrote:
Sat Mar 05, 2022 11:31 am

For the past week, the discussion in the news is mostly about how Putin invaded Ukraine and is using rockets for bombarding cities full of civilians :!:
Is it really good to powder people's heads by distracting from real problems with such articles?

Again you, a victim of propaganda. What about the Sudetes? Why are you afraid to answer?

Why did you register on March 2 and write only in this thread? What are you?

malecord
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by malecord »

Usually I would mind my own businesses for posts like this, but having read a bunch of bullshit comments I have to add mine.

Go on Wube, you're doing Great.

It's just preposterous that people come here accusing you to take side in politics. What's going on now in Ukraine is not politics, it's war. And a very despicable one.

I don't know if there have ever been a just war. But this one is at the opposite side of the spectrum among the most vile ones. It will bring shame on Russia for the centuries to come. The fact that there are people in favor of this shit that are able to post here brings shame on them as well. If they are here it means they also have access to free information and with that they have all the means and tools to look beyond lies and propaganda. But as opposed to the vast majority of Russians that don't have this luxury and are played by their leaders, these people willingly choose to support them and this makes them guilty as well. Shame on you guys.

Djmixxx
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Djmixxx »

malecord wrote:
Sat Mar 05, 2022 7:49 pm
It's just preposterous that people come here accusing you to take side in politics. What's going on now in Ukraine is not politics, it's war. And a very despicable one.
Not a single war in the world was started by the civilian people itself.
The police kill people, do you also condemn them or are you trying to understand the reason?
I understand Ukrainian and Russian. I have critical thinking. I listen to the stories of real people from there. Not propaganda on CNN.
Shame on me ?

jodokus31
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by jodokus31 »

malecord wrote:
I don't know if there have ever been a just war. But this one is at the opposite side of the spectrum among the most vile ones. It will bring shame on Russia for the centuries to come. The fact that there are people in favor of this shit that are able to post here brings shame on them as well. If they are here it means they also have access to free information and with that they have all the means and tools to look beyond lies and propaganda. But as opposed to the vast majority of Russians that don't have this luxury and are played by their leaders, these people willingly choose to support them and this makes them guilty as well. Shame on you guys.
Some people might forget, that propaganda is everywhere. The only difference is, that different opinions are oppressed differently, mostly by cutting finances or by degradations.
But go ahead, if you found the absolute truth, congratulations.

Let's be clear, the war is horrible and i'm very sad, that it got that far. But it's too easy to only condemn one side. Some comedian said: "If you know the enemy, the day is structured".
btw: arms industry is happy, shares are rising

Gummiente27
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Gummiente27 »

Djmixxx wrote:
Sat Mar 05, 2022 8:22 pm
malecord wrote:
Not a single war in the world was started by the civilian people itself.
The police kill people, do you also condemn them or are you trying to understand the reason?
I understand Ukrainian and Russian. I have critical thinking. I listen to the stories of real people from there. Not propaganda on CNN.
Shame on me ?
how do u know those stories are true? and stuff on cnn not?

enterisys
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by enterisys »

Gummiente27 wrote:
Sat Mar 05, 2022 11:28 pm
how do u know those stories are true? and stuff on cnn not?
Because they say on russian tv that cnn is fake :D

Return to “News”