[Genhis] [1.1.46] Can't deconstruct tree in PvP

This subforum contains all the issues which we already resolved.
root
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

[Genhis] [1.1.46] Can't deconstruct tree in PvP

Post by root »

After player from enemy team marked tree for deconstruction I can't mark it for deconstruction for my team too, my bots cant put anything in that place.

Philip017
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [Genhis] [1.1.46] Can't deconstruct tree in PvP

Post by Philip017 »

suggestion for a fix for this, if force A marks a tree for deconstruction, and force B later marks it for deconstruction, the tree is no longer marked by force A and instead marked by force B. this function could also be prevented in map view usage, so that the force that is in view of the tree would have priority.

however if it's a lone tree, you could just chop it down by hand.

Genhis
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Genhis »

I have thought about several ways to resolve this issue in 1.1 but none seems like a proper fix and could result in more bug reports. We've done some refactoring in the 1.2 branch, so I would like to target that version and fix this bug properly. For now, all I can suggest is to mine such entities manually or ask your friend to cancel the deconstruction.

TheRaph
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by TheRaph »

Why not use multiple markings?
As stated in fff#368 an entity can only be deconstructed by the force which built it.
So you have created an exception for forceless entities to be deconstructable by any force.

So why not use the same exception to let be such entities beeing marked for deconstruction by multiple forces (at the same time).

So if force A select an object for deconstruction and force B did the same, why not allow it.
Booth forces may have select it for deconstruction at the same time and bots of booth forces may travel to that object for deconstruction.
Finally the force with the fastest bot will deconstruct it and collect the item.

Genhis
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Genhis »

That is the goal, yes. Multiple forces should be able to deconstruct forceless entities at the same time but this is difficult to do in 1.1. Ideally, players also shouldn't see deconstruction markers of other forces.

Genhis
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Genhis »

Thanks for the report. It took a long time, but thanks to robot orders refactoring which happened a few versions ago, we can include this fix in 1.1.82.

Return to “Resolved Problems and Bugs”