1K+ SPM from raw material Megabase Construction Set (tilable and extendable) + bonus 135 SPM for early game (no mods)

Clever and beautiful constructions, bigger than two chunks
- Defense: killing biters as an art
- Castles, Throne Rooms, Decorations (comfortable living in the Factorio World)
- Main Bus Concepts
- Modular Systems, Factory Streets, show how all works together
- Megabases
Please provide us with blueprints or saves, if that makes sense of course.
Forum rules
Clever and beautiful constructions, bigger than two chunks
AlienRaven
Inserter
Inserter

1K+ SPM from raw material Megabase Construction Set (tilable and extendable) + bonus 135 SPM for early game (no mods)

Post by AlienRaven »

Factorio is a game I've spent a lot of time on in exchange for a lot of fun.

1_steam.jpg
1_steam.jpg (211.77 KiB) Viewed 10489 times

I decided to show and share the blueprints for my factories, hoping that they either will help someone to learn the game or will spark some new ideas for conquering production times and rates.

This blueprint book contains everything you will need not only to build 1K+ SPM megabase, but also will support you on this journey from the very beggining of the game. Below I will post an overview of each stage, so you will know how it works and what will be the result.

All blueprints work in vanilla game and do not require any mods.

I've designed them, tested and built the megabase for preview using a separate save with Creative Mod, but none of them will require it. I plan to have a run from scratch to build it on a clean save. Ill reserve a post below this topic to later share a save and pictures if I'll have enough time to do this ;)

I hope you will enjoy this tour.

End-game Overview

2_base.jpg
2_base.jpg (227.72 KiB) Viewed 10489 times

This is a map view of the base, that will produce 1K SPM.

Orange block - is the array of factories, that should only be built once. This factories will provide the building material, as well, as other useful things: mall items, nuclear fuel for trains, ammo for defence perimeter. solar panels and accumulators for power production.

Blue blocks - is the array of factories, that produces 1K science per minute from raw resources as well as consumes it. Resources are trasnported by trains, so it is independent from their position on the map.

If you want to expand past 1K SPM, you will have to continue building Science Array, tiling it vertically - either up or down from the first line. This is represented by green arrows in the picture. One line of solar arrays will be enough to provide power to one Science Array.

Resources for production are collected from left and right from the factory array. This is highlighted by red arrows.

This allows to expand this factory for as long as you want (or your PC will handle :) ).
Last edited by AlienRaven on Fri Feb 11, 2022 9:52 pm, edited 5 times in total.

AlienRaven
Inserter
Inserter

Re: 1K+SPM from raw material Megabase Construction Set (tilable and extendable) + bonus 135 SPM for early game (no mods)

Post by AlienRaven »

End-game factory Overview

3_factory.jpg
3_factory.jpg (471.79 KiB) Viewed 10488 times

Each factory consists of several parts:
1. Trains Unload Array. All raw material is being unloaded here. Leftmost train station is supplying the whole factory trains with Nuclear fuel. Trains are only fueled at unloading stations. If there's too much trains to unload, they will be separated into several unload and queue bays by resource. I use 2 locomotives + 4 cargo/liquid wagons to transport everything around.

2. Train Unload Queue ensures, that material flow will be uninterrupted. There are always some trains waiting for unload.

3. Trains Load Queue is where trains are waiting to pickup the result of the production.

4. Between train unload and factory theres a small part, which balances unloaded resources and makes sure they are delivered to correct inputs in the factory.

5. Factory produces something to be loaded into trains. Its consists of fully beaconed tiles, that form a rectangular shape. Such composition ensures that all beacons, except border ones are powering at least 2 production machines not to waste power, that they are consuming. My biggest challenge and joy was to be able to fit all the production lines into the tight space.

4_factorybeacons.jpg
4_factorybeacons.jpg (745.55 KiB) Viewed 10488 times

6. Train Load station loads the resulting material into train to go somewhere else. For example science packs will be delivered to lab array. Each factory has a circuit here, that will switch the factory off in case of overproduction (boxes are full of products) and in case accumulators are running out of power at night to ensure that perimeter defence will still work to last until morning.
Last edited by AlienRaven on Fri Feb 11, 2022 10:09 pm, edited 6 times in total.

AlienRaven
Inserter
Inserter

Re: 1K+SPM from raw material Megabase Construction Set (tilable and extendable) + bonus 135 SPM for early game (no mods)

Post by AlienRaven »

Blueprint Book

5_blueprintbook.jpg
5_blueprintbook.jpg (58.32 KiB) Viewed 10487 times

The blueprint book provided has the following sections:

1. 1K Science Factories - this contains all factories for 1K SPM production, as well as lab array. Blueprints are numbered plus each blueprint has part of previous one's rails on the left, so you will be able to build factories in correct order to fit into solar arrays nicely and symmetrical. Then just add trains :)

2. 1K Support Factories - this contains utility factories (mall, ammo, etc).

3. Power Production - blueprints to build up power. I personally only use solar power in my runs, but it also contains a 1.1 GW Nuclear plant that is lake independent (water is delvered by trains) and works on raw material. Its also tileable, so you can build Nuclear Power array if you want. Feel free to use it if you like Nuclear Power more :)

4. Railroad 4L RHD contains railroad blueprints. As you can tell I use 4 lanes with right hand drive.

5. Perimeter Defence contains blueprints to build perimeter wall as well as train station to deliver ammo to the turrets.

6. 135 Science Factories - BONUS :) This book contains factories to generate 135 SPM from raw resources, built with low level materials - yellow belts, simpliest assemblers and furnaces. This factories will ensure you will progress within technology tree to get to megabase building in the first place.

7. Early Game Blueprints - various stuff to help in early game - defence production, early science up to blue, construction bots, smelting patterns, all circuits up to processing unit, etc.

8. Other blueprints - some helpful blueprints, which are not essential. For example, my version of kovarex enrichment process, accumulator charge display to track power production and consumption and others.

Here's a bluprint line to import the book and try it:

Blueprint Book.txt
(4.89 MiB) Downloaded 1330 times

I hope you will enjoy it.
Last edited by AlienRaven on Fri Feb 11, 2022 10:53 pm, edited 6 times in total.

AlienRaven
Inserter
Inserter

Re: 1K+ SPM from raw material Megabase Construction Set (tilable and extendable) + bonus 135 SPM for early game (no mods

Post by AlienRaven »

I'll reserve one more post in case I'll have time for a run from scratch to be able to share a fully built megabase save and pictures later.

adam_bise
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: 1K+ SPM from raw material Megabase Construction Set (tilable and extendable) + bonus 135 SPM for early game (no mods

Post by adam_bise »

Looks amazing! I would like to try it out. Just curious why you decided to not integrate roboports?

AlienRaven
Inserter
Inserter

Post by AlienRaven »

adam_bise wrote:
Sat Feb 12, 2022 6:06 pm
Just curious why you decided to not integrate roboports?
I dont use bots other than from personal roboports for the sake of PC performance.

To build/deconstruct large structures I usually build a roboport grid and later remove it when job is done.

I also don't use logistic bots for the most part in favor of trains/belts. I guess "Logistic network embargo" achievement obtained on the first playthrough somehow sabotaged the whole concept for me :)

EchoNiner
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by EchoNiner »

This is amazing, I just started on a very basic version of this that is essentially 3x3 city blocks based on roboport range. Much smaller and only allows for four types of resources to be unloaded plus no stackers. Did you play with different train sizes at all? What about producing incremental byproducts as an end result of a factory grid versus producing them in-line and outputting say green or red chips that use them. One one hand you have a ton of flexibility and the other you have a very large grid just to make basic materials.

Going to copy the blueprint to understand more tonight, excited!

GrenP
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by GrenP »

This looks amazing.
Do you have a save game?

Return to “Medium/Big/Gigantic Sized Structures”