501M rockets launched / 569 kspm / 17.6k hours / 1.1.61 stable with Bob's mods

Clever and beautiful constructions, bigger than two chunks
- Defense: killing biters as an art
- Castles, Throne Rooms, Decorations (comfortable living in the Factorio World)
- Main Bus Concepts
- Modular Systems, Factory Streets, show how all works together
- Megabases
Please provide us with blueprints or saves, if that makes sense of course.
Forum rules
Clever and beautiful constructions, bigger than two chunks
spiral_power
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: 200M rockets launched / 569 kspm / 8.6k hours / 1.1.30 stable with Bob's mods

Post by spiral_power »

you only need to add a fuel item that matches the equipment grid changes you've made.
Is this Bob's mods ones? then I'll consider to use it, if not, I won't. I told you repeatedly.
God modules is option of Bob's mod.

Your game ONLY 2M rockets launched but 120 inserter cap, it is crazy I think.
Roughly speaking, you are just doing add 0000... to number, it is not my game.
You do your claim in YOUR thread.

eradicator
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: 200M rockets launched / 569 kspm / 8.6k hours / 1.1.30 stable with Bob's mods

Post by eradicator »

2億越えとか凄すぎて何ってコメントしたらいいか分からなくなってきますな。
1.1への移植頑張ってください!

(上の厨にあんまし精神力を使わない方が身のためやと思います。)
Author of: Belt Planner, Hand Crank Generator, Screenshot Maker, /sudo and more.
Mod support languages: 日本語, Deutsch, English
My code in the post above is dedicated to the public domain under CC0.

spiral_power
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by spiral_power »

お見苦しいところおみせしてすみません。どうもありがとうございます。
I am sorry for inconvenience all, thank you.

ptx0
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by ptx0 »

spiral_power wrote:
Thu Apr 08, 2021 3:24 pm
you only need to add a fuel item that matches the equipment grid changes you've made.
Is this Bob's mods ones? then I'll consider to use it, if not, I won't. I told you repeatedly.
God modules is option of Bob's mod.

Your game ONLY 2M rockets launched but 120 inserter cap, it is crazy I think.
Roughly speaking, you are just doing add 0000... to number, it is not my game.
You do your claim in YOUR thread.
i didn't say anything about my map here. that's you bringing it up again in order to pretend that your game is somehow more valid than someone else's. it is off-topic, or maybe there is a language barrier. for the record, my inserter bonus is strictly from Bob's mod itself. nothing has changed it other than inserter research.

i'm not saying you need to do what i do. i'm saying that if your train currently has 130% acceleration bonus from the grid components, that you can make a fuel that adds this same. exact. parameters. without using the game engine's vehicle grid feature. because my UPS was at 40 and then I got rid of the "bobvehiclegridequipment" mod and it went back over 60 UPS and was able to build a lot larger before hitting UPS limits again.

that's fine if you don't want to. i was merely explaining what i meant to be more clear, in case somehow my previous explaination wasn't good enough. somehow you were okay with Flare Stack mod for some time, but the idea of replacing a fuel item is just TOO MUCH. you don't need to be hostile about it. i sure hope your next update here is to remove all the Flare Stacks from your map and fix the plutonium generation. i can't wait to see the builds.

spiral_power
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by spiral_power »

Small fixes/optimizations are done. One of them is about a flare stack disposer. I deleted a flare stack mod.
I did a minimum test, i.e. several million rockets were launched and my factory works well, sure, better UPS.
1.1.32 stable has just released, I'll test it later.
I omit the detailed description.

Save file

File size 100MB, Memory Usage 3GB ( I used Delete Empty Chunks mod )
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Aiz64M ... sp=sharing

1.png
1.png (2.34 MiB) Viewed 6617 times
2.png
2.png (248.92 KiB) Viewed 6617 times
3.png
3.png (33.85 KiB) Viewed 6617 times
4.png
4.png (12.07 KiB) Viewed 6617 times
5.png
5.png (9.58 KiB) Viewed 6617 times

spiral_power
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by spiral_power »

I always check these points when I confirm someone's factory.
I think this is useful when comparing factories with different conditions.
  • Are Items and fluid completely balanced in VALID period? ( sometimes impossible because of a game engine issue, see below )
    Needless to say for me, This is premise.
  • How many/much items and fluid flow? If it is high flowing with high performance, i.e. good SPM and UPS, it is good job, good logistics, optimized. If the difference between the number of materials and the number of products is large, you can see that the productivity bonus has a large effect. In some cases it may be easier to compare by dividing by the stack capacity of the inserter. Similarly, when compressing something, the difficulty level changes by multiplication.
  • How many entities are there? If it is fewer, it is less waste. If it is many but good performance, it is well optimized.
1.png
1.png (433.91 KiB) Viewed 6535 times
2.png
2.png (470.46 KiB) Viewed 6535 times
3.png
3.png (446.86 KiB) Viewed 6535 times
4.png
4.png (351.06 KiB) Viewed 6535 times

reference:
[1.0.0] Byproducts don't appear in statistics
How is "SPM" measured?
[Twinsen] [0.17.74] incorrect statistics

ptx0
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by ptx0 »

i think your method is flawed. look at mine:

perfectly balanced! in comparison, yours seems to be having free hydrogen from nowhere.

spiral_power
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by spiral_power »

Please do not reply without thinking.
Read my reference.
And... what do you think about yours... 3k/m gap.

I don't want to argue with you because there are many irrelevant points in your posts, so you may or may not get a reply.
Last edited by spiral_power on Tue Apr 27, 2021 6:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

ptx0
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by ptx0 »

spiral_power wrote:
Tue Apr 27, 2021 3:32 am
Read my reference.
i did. i have even posted in one of them!
And... what do you think about yours... 3k/m gap.

I don't want to argue with you because there are many irrelevant points, so you may or may not get a reply.
wasn't arguing, just pointing out it's not so easy.

my 3k/min gap is because I transitioned to high pressure hydrogen.

spiral_power
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by spiral_power »

You red but you could not understand what I posted...
I don't want to have boring interactions in this thread. Others understand it.

spiral_power
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

300M rockets launched / 569 kspm / 11.6k hours / 1.1.38 stable with Bob's mods

Post by spiral_power »

300M rockets launched / 569 kspm / 11.6k hours / 1.1.38 stable with Bob's mods

3k hours * 569kspm * 60min/hour ~ 100M rockets
I haven't decided if I continue this game, but I haven't stopped it yet. I just check the screen once a week and restart my PC.
1.png
1.png (14.62 KiB) Viewed 6133 times
2.png
2.png (42.72 KiB) Viewed 6133 times

Settings
  • 1.1.38 stable & newest Bob's mods.
  • YES: God modules, much resources, mods which do not change game balance, i.e. satellite counter etc.
  • NO: enemies, pollution, cliff, productivity bonus bug, mods which changes game balance.
Records
  • 300M (3億 in Japanese ) rockets launched & 569 kspm research
  • UPS 50-55 on my PC ( Ryzen 2700X/DDR4 32GB 2666MHz).
  • About 1.38-1.40 REAL days/ 1M rockets launch.
  • Stack inserter capacity 99 ( 1+98 ) now, it will be 102 before 400M rockets launching in next year, if I still play this game. :D
  • Mining productivity +57630 % ( sufficient high so closed researching, good for UPS )
  • Totally running 11.6k hours in game time
Recent Todo
NOTHING

History
  • Jun 2019 Game start with 0.17.45,1st rocket launched
    (from Jul to Nov I played an other map)
  • Dec 2019 develop version at mall ( 5.8kspm )
  • Feb 2020 product version start (77kspm)
  • Mar 2020 1M rockets launched, 287kspm
  • Apr 2020 10M rockets launched
  • May 2020 Mining research closed
  • Jun 2020 381kspm
  • Jul 2020 50M rockets launched, first post my factory to this thread.
  • Aug 2020 update apply 0.17.79 → 1.0, Bob's mods 0.17.x → 1.0.x except Bob's revamp mod, revamp mod 0.17.x → 0.18.2
  • Oct 2020 update apply Bob's revamp mod 0.18.2 → 1.0.x, 569kspm
  • Nov 2020 100M rockets launched
  • Jan 2021 update apply 1.0 → 1.1.19 (I don't use Plutonium nucleosynthesis recipe yet )
    (I played Space Exploration overhaul mod for 1k hours, so ...)
  • Mar 2021 stack inserter capacity 99
  • Apr 2021 200M rockets launched, no more flare stack cheating(using Plutonium nucleosynthesis recipe)
  • Aug 2021 300M rockets launched
Twitter moment ( many pictures of history but text in Japanese )

• I want to launch many rockets and do infinite research. I prefer higher ( spm * UPS ), long term ( hundreds, thousands hours ) stable running, less trouble, robustness, maintainability.
  • Train & inserter base factory, No belts, No bots except fuel recharge & mall.
  • Faster item transportion, I adjust EACH inserters ( fastest 90 items/2 tick now )
  • Less access to entities, I adjust some inserters delay.
  • Sure, less train running is better UPS, I didn't know this map's ceiling so I made a large site first, now I know it is about 800-1000 kspm, I'm reducing my factory to fit it and optimizing train routes.
  • No productivity bonus bug, it is fair ( no cheat ),I should adjust speed to 1 tick/recipe. Example, 1 second recipe's speed shouldn't over 60 and 60 is best for UPS.
  • High customizability of inserters and higher level modules, no productivity bonus bug usage make a factory odd visualization compared with vanilla ones.
  • I repeat destruction and construction, again and again, mall supports me, auto provision, stock and recycle.
  • Train sceduler that uses commands very very useful for me, nor I COULD NOT finish and start main area.
  • Science packs. YES: red,green,blue,purple,yellow,white. NO: violet( closed researching ),black
  • Trains 4 locomotives + 32 cargoes, or a few 1 + 8, 200+ lines, with some equipment ( equips MANUALLY )
  • No enemies so no alien research, no powerful train equipment ( vehicle fusion reactor MK6 ). This may decrease UPS some. I can create the equipment by using console command, but I don't do at the moment.
  • In future, I MAY USE productivity bonus bug in this map, it may does good UPS and 1,000kspm research, but it must be very hard work that all recalculation and reconstruction.
Save file

This is my fairness and correctness.

File size 100MB, Memory Usage 3GB ( I used Delete Empty Chunks mod )
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Aiz64M ... sp=sharing

Pictures

Records
3.png
3.png (897.35 KiB) Viewed 6133 times
4.png
4.png (932.13 KiB) Viewed 6133 times
5.png
5.png (813.12 KiB) Viewed 6133 times

Overview
There are no major changes, so please look at the save data if necessary.

spiral_power
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: 400M rockets launched / 569 kspm / 14.6k hours / 1.1.53 stable with Bob's mods

Post by spiral_power »

400M rockets launched / 569 kspm / 14.6k hours / 1.1.53 stable with Bob's mods

It's a really solid system, so it keeps working.
But, in the recent 100M, resources have been exhausted and the factory has been shut down twice.
I only see the screen a few times a month.

UPS has dropped to around 45 because it works on a slightly older PC.
1.png
1.png (466.62 KiB) Viewed 5335 times

ptx0
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: 400M rockets launched / 569 kspm / 14.6k hours / 1.1.53 stable with Bob's mods

Post by ptx0 »

no offense means, it's just out of curiosity, what's the point of leaving a game running and periodically updating us with how many rockets launched, if you only see the screen a few times a month and never change anything?

mmmPI
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mmmPI »

maybe OP is missing the kind and constructive feedback of the community when there is no update for too long.

That's a very impressive factory in size and regularity judging by the pictures :)

spiral_power
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by spiral_power »

I think it's wonderful that a well-thought-out factory can operate for thousands of hours without doing anything. On the other hand, not many people think so and do it. It's hard to do that.
Also, when I look at the screen once in a while, I like to see trains running quickly and assembly machines busy. It's a waste to stop the game even though it was built with great effort.
It's difficult in vanilla, but this game is extremely infrequently maintained due to various specifications ( less mineral consumption ).

If Bob has a big update in the future, I might fix this game.

ptx0
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by ptx0 »

spiral_power wrote:
Thu Feb 03, 2022 9:58 pm
I think it's wonderful that a well-thought-out factory can operate for thousands of hours without doing anything. On the other hand, not many people think so and do it. It's hard to do that.
Also, when I look at the screen once in a while, I like to see trains running quickly and assembly machines busy. It's a waste to stop the game even though it was built with great effort.
It's difficult in vanilla, but this game is extremely infrequently maintained due to various specifications ( less mineral consumption ).
honestly, what you've done is very impressive. I voided everything and added extra mods for my Bob's map. would have driven me insane to try and balance all the byproducts. I am doing it that way now with Angels, and it's very hard, if not, impossible.

spiral_power
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: 501M rockets launched / 569 kspm / 17.6k hours / 1.1.61 stable with Bob's mods

Post by spiral_power »

501M rockets launched / 569 kspm / 17.6k hours / 1.1.61 stable with Bob's mods

The drop in the graph is due to the mining deposit dying and the work to bring bob's version up to date.
Recipes, etc. are already compatible with bob 1.1.5, but Bob's Adjustable Inserters 1.1.5 is not yet compatible due to a bug. 1.1.6 will be available.

One inserter research should be finished next summer. If I continue this save until that point, I may do a mining research next.

save

2.png
2.png (772.97 KiB) Viewed 4037 times

This time I coordinated the train network. White: standby locations, red: dummy stations, green: actual stations. I made sure that the red stations are not too long in a row. This prevents the trains at the standby locations from searching unnecessarily far away. I also added dummy stations to the green stations so that the number of green stations in a chain is the same as the number of red stations. The reason and effect is the same as for red.

The amount of computation per tick seems to have decreased by about 0.5 ms.
1.png
1.png (647.13 KiB) Viewed 4037 times

spiral_power
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: 501M rockets launched / 569 kspm / 17.6k hours / 1.1.61 stable with Bob's mods

Post by spiral_power »

game.tick overflow happened.
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=104329

Interested parties can investigate the save shortly before the overflow.
It has been about 20 hours since then and the save is working fine.

spiral_power
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by spiral_power »

20k + 7k hours passed.
Since I did not initially expect to continue for such a long period of time, unexpected resource patch exhaustion issues arise .
So I've raised the level of mining efficiency somewhat.
Anyone else have it up to five digits, and it only shows up to four.
Perhaps after 2.0 released, but in the future I would like to rebuild this entire factory again. I want to utilize robots.
2023-11-03.png
2023-11-03.png (1.19 MiB) Viewed 1021 times

Return to “Medium/Big/Gigantic Sized Structures”