Bugs & FAQ

Infinite Ores, Refining, Ore Processing ...

Moderator: Arch666Angel

jamezzz6
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: Bugs & FAQ

Post by jamezzz6 »

Arch666Angel wrote:
Mon Jan 31, 2022 2:53 pm

You don't seem to have the full mod packs installed, or at least not full bobs, is this on purpose?
It was on purpse, I tried to get a "minimal not working example". However
KiwiHawk wrote:
Tue Feb 01, 2022 3:00 am
Try resetting your mod settings? There are settings to enable/disable each ore in the starting area. If you had previously been playing with Sea Block, those settings would all be disabled.
This was exactly the issue. I don't think I would have ever found that myself though... Seems weird that seablock has to turn off ore generatieon, since there is no land anyway.

eric
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by eric »

lovely_santa wrote:
Tue Feb 01, 2022 5:37 pm
eric wrote:
Sun Jan 30, 2022 9:00 am
I found an odd interaction between Bob's & Angel's playing the monthly reddit community map. A factory manufacturing the item circuit-board accepts the first three tiers of agricultural mods angels-bio-yield-module{,-2,-3}. This seems unlikely to be intended. It's unclear to me which mod is causing the problem.
The circuit board shows as Bob's Electronics Mod > Angel's Industries
The T2 agricultural mod (the one I'm using) shows as Angel's Bioprocessing > Bob's Technology Mod > Bob's Metals, Chemicals and Intermediates > Bob's Electronics > Bob's Greenhouse > Bob's Logistics > Bob's Revamp > Bob's Warfare > Bob's Modules > Angel's Bioprocessing
I don't expect this to be a quite old save, but can you provide me a save file, I'll see if we forgot something...
Correct, according to mod portal I'm completely on current mods.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/wdmswng1eop1m ... h.zip?dl=0 is the most recent save. It's got ag mods in

Having experimented more, it's even weirder. I can put them into a lot of different factories, but some of them, e.g. labs I can only put in by putting a pure prod module in and upgrade planner switching it to agricultural. If I try to put the ag mod in a lab it removes all the mods.

Upgrade planner for switch pure mods over to ag:

0eNqtkssKgzAQRf9l1gmY+GrzK6WUtE4lkBcx2ork32sWLqUg7u4MnDkw3AVG3wfZ4cNraS0GEAsMGKOy/ZCzkd5jWONtgXdwJu/i7BEEqIgGCFhp8hTkh/rguvEV1aTiTM2aNVIGiUB0u5y0PeqBPpWjs0LdbVyZOWU7/IIoEjlo5yfYq8P28gT75a9958oJbsaPyk95PGvSPU8ZFFtR6VZUAtNaTOUsCH5hVXvlbc1qVjZFSj+sQfM1

Sworn
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Sworn »

if you are suffering from this bug
The mod Bob's Metals, Chemicals and Intermediates mod (1.1.3) caused a non-recoverable error.
Please report this error to the mod author.

Error while running event bobplates::on_configuration_changed
The mod Angel's Exploration (BETA) (0.3.13) caused a non-recoverable error.
Please report this error to the mod author.

Error while running event angelsexploration::on_technology_effects_reset (ID 102)
__angelsexploration__/src/tips-and-tricks-triggers.lua:50: attempt to index field '?' (a nil value)
stack traceback:
__angelsexploration__/src/tips-and-tricks-triggers.lua:50: in function 'init_force_data'
every time you update a mod, do this change file: angelsexploration_xx.zip, src/tips-and-tricks-triggers.lua, line 50 from:

Code: Select all

if technologies[trigger_name].researched then
to:

Code: Select all

if technologies[trigger_name] and technologies[trigger_name].researched then
do it at your own risk, I have no idea if this has any side efect.

crystalcallie
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by crystalcallie »

Incredibly minor issue (not sure if it's even a bug, but it is something incorrect). The passive and active logistic warehouses have their naming scheme opposite to the passive and active logistic silos. The passive silo "makes its contents available", while the active silo "sends its contents". On the other hand, the passive warehouse "sends its contents" while the active warehouse "makes its contents available". This is confusing, as it means that the naming system is inconsistent.

KiwiHawk
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by KiwiHawk »

crystalcallie wrote:
Mon Mar 21, 2022 2:33 am
Incredibly minor issue (not sure if it's even a bug, but it is something incorrect). The passive and active logistic warehouses have their naming scheme opposite to the passive and active logistic silos. The passive silo "makes its contents available", while the active silo "sends its contents". On the other hand, the passive warehouse "sends its contents" while the active warehouse "makes its contents available". This is confusing, as it means that the naming system is inconsistent.
Thanks for reporting this. I've submitted a PR to fix it; should be in the next version.
Dev for Bob's mods, Angel's mods, Helmod, Sea Block, Circuit Processing, Science Cost Tweaker.

Buy me a coffee

Sworn
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Sworn »

When playing with the tech overall, the plants farming, exploration and components, it definitely expect you to go explore and find more "gardens", more ore patch, as the starter one usually aren't enough.

But there is no way to actually go explore, except walking it. By the time you are able to get any kind of vehicle, on green science, you don't need it anymore, as you already have everything needed to progress.

Feel likes it is pushing you to explore without giving any means to it, and just walk for 30min or more isn't that fun.

My suggestion, this is what I did in my currently run. Add some kind of vehicle that doesn't have any weapons, and modify the recipe and tech to be unlocked with the "Basic Exploration" science. I used the mod Lightcycle, where the first bike with very low hp, lower than default, so you can't just "run over trees and hit everything". That feel really good, good to explore, not op to just run cause you usually will die in 4 or 5 trees or one rock, and match the mod theme for exploration. This could be something added to "Angel's Exploration (ALPHA)"

ConvectiveCore
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by ConvectiveCore »

I'm having a technical problem with my Bob Angels game. I cannot research Sulfur processing 1 because it depends on Advanced lead smelting and casting 1 which does not show up in the tech tree (despite having enabled: true and hidden: false according to the ctrl+shift+e Prototypes menu). This tech in turn depends on Mechanical refining, Metallurgy 1, and Basic chemistry, all of which I have already researched. This is not the only tech that I cannot research due to a dependency that does not appear in the tech tree. Any ideas?

aurunemaru
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by aurunemaru »

I found a problem on angels industries while playing with technology overhaul

the required lab for Puffer refugium 2 doesn't accept bio-token, which is required for research

Mike Rosoft
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Mike Rosoft »

[AngelBob] I have discovered an inconsistency in recipes:
* Wooden board from paper can only be made in assembling machines, not in electronics assembling machines.
* Wooden board from wood can be made in electronics assembling machines.

KiwiHawk
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by KiwiHawk »

Mike Rosoft wrote:
Tue Apr 12, 2022 4:49 pm
[AngelBob] I have discovered an inconsistency in recipes:
* Wooden board from paper can only be made in assembling machines, not in electronics assembling machines.
* Wooden board from wood can be made in electronics assembling machines.
I'm not sure which should be changed. Running a poll on discord now. Phenolic boards can be made in electronics assembly machines. Fibreglass boards cannot be made in electronics assembly machines.
Dev for Bob's mods, Angel's mods, Helmod, Sea Block, Circuit Processing, Science Cost Tweaker.

Buy me a coffee

Sworn
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Sworn »

Well the entire function of the electronic assembly machine is to make the electronic components, why on earth would some electronic components not be allowed by design?

To me sounds like just as a miss copy past recipe during the edit of a bunch of them at same time

KiwiHawk
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by KiwiHawk »

Sworn wrote:
Thu Apr 14, 2022 9:59 pm
Well the entire function of the electronic assembly machine is to make the electronic components, why on earth would some electronic components not be allowed by design?

To me sounds like just as a miss copy past recipe during the edit of a bunch of them at same time
Is a wooden board an electronic component? 🤔

Buy me a coffee

Sworn
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Sworn »

Well, we have wooden circuit board, so I guess it "is"...

Blenderpony
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Blenderpony »

Hello! --Stone Walls need Construction Block 2?--

I am in the early Game of my first play through with Angel's Mod-pack.

I have enabled the "Components overhaul (beta)" feature in the Mod settings to make it really difficult.
I have enabled biters with normal evolution properties.

My Question, Stone Walls need "Construction Block 2" to produce which is a not accessible until quite late in the early Game. I don't think it is intended for the stone walls to be accessible this late in the Game when the Components Overhaul is enabled. Stone Walls also seem to be almost as expensive as Re-inforced Concrete Walls.

Is this intended?

If not then please treat this as a bug report.

In regards Blenderpony.

cybercyb
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by cybercyb »

hello ! :)

i feel this must be a bug since ive had a post transport science gameplay run (like a year ago) but now im hard stuck with this.

boiler tech requires transport science. to get transport science i need boilers. can this happen due to other mods? im having angelbob as main and plenty qol/other vanity ish type mods but i thought angelbob wouldnt be affected.

thx

https://ibb.co/XzXXbRH
(as you can see in the link AFTER the tech you get non transport science again. which doesnt make any sense)

KiwiHawk
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by KiwiHawk »

cybercyb wrote:
Sun Apr 24, 2022 11:20 am
hello ! :)

i feel this must be a bug since ive had a post transport science gameplay run (like a year ago) but now im hard stuck with this.

boiler tech requires transport science. to get transport science i need boilers. can this happen due to other mods? im having angelbob as main and plenty qol/other vanity ish type mods but i thought angelbob wouldnt be affected.

thx

https://ibb.co/XzXXbRH
(as you can see in the link AFTER the tech you get non transport science again. which doesnt make any sense)
It looks like you're trying to combine AAI Industries, Py, and Angel's. These mods aren't compatible sorry.

Buy me a coffee

McFrugal
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by McFrugal »

I'm playing a game with angel mods and bob's mods.
There's a recipe that turns 1 crystal powder and 1 purified water into 1 crystal slurry. I find this very strange since every other recipe that produces liquid produces at least 10 of it. As it is currently this recipe is near useless because you get more slurry out of crystal dust AND it's like 30x faster.

I also found it strange that all the various "catalysts" are consumed in recipes despite catalysts not being used up in real life, but I understand there need to be some concessions for gameplay concerns.

KiwiHawk
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by KiwiHawk »

McFrugal wrote:
Tue Apr 26, 2022 3:13 pm
There's a recipe that turns 1 crystal powder and 1 purified water into 1 crystal slurry. I find this very strange since every other recipe that produces liquid produces at least 10 of it. As it is currently this recipe is near useless because you get more slurry out of crystal dust AND it's like 30x faster.

I also found it strange that all the various "catalysts" are consumed in recipes despite catalysts not being used up in real life, but I understand there need to be some concessions for gameplay concerns.
When making crystals, you'll find you have too many of some kinds. To prevent this causing everything to backup, they can be reprocessed using the recipe you mentioned.

It's not unusual for catalysts to need replacing after a certain number of uses. Them being consumed is a gameplay simplification of this.

Buy me a coffee

McFrugal
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by McFrugal »

KiwiHawk wrote:
Tue Apr 26, 2022 8:06 pm
McFrugal wrote:
Tue Apr 26, 2022 3:13 pm

When making crystals, you'll find you have too many of some kinds. To prevent this causing everything to backup, they can be reprocessed using the recipe you mentioned.

It's not unusual for catalysts to need replacing after a certain number of uses. Them being consumed is a gameplay simplification of this.
Okay, turning the cut colored crystals into powder to remove clogs makes sense. But why is the recipe 1+1=1 instead of 10+10=10?

McFrugal
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by McFrugal »

Where are levac fish and dorflurp jellyfish? I can't seem to find any in my world.

Return to “Angels Mods”