crash while on menu

Place for things which are bugs but we have no idea how to solve them. Things related to hardware, libraries, strange setups, etc.
RickJS
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

crash while on menu

Post by RickJS »

I had hit escape to freeze the game was considering & loading mods & disabling mods, went away and came back to a crash message asking me to post the log. I was running a fairly new Nullius game.
Attachments
factorio-current.log
factorio-current.log
(57.31 KiB) Downloaded 109 times

posila
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: crash while on menu

Post by posila »

Code: Select all

78572.400 Error DrawCommandBatch.cpp:650: Failed to get buffer for 4 vertices.
I don't know why this would happen on your computer. Interesting thing is that you are running on OpenGL (not Direct3D) so you probably had Direct3D crash(es) and opted into switching to OpenGL? Which might indicate some problem with the HW - for example PSU might not be working as it should (or might be insufficient for the CPU and GPU you have)

RickJS
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by RickJS »

PSU meaning power supply? It's an gaming laptop, an MSI GE75 Raider 95E. I am not aware of ever having Direct3D crashes. I.m not sure where the control you are referring to is: in Factorio settings, or in Windows?

To clarify, I was adding, removing, and updating mods in the mod management screens, I walked away for IRL issues, and when I came back I had the crash message waiting for me.

RickJS
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by RickJS »

Also, it ran Factorio Space Exploration, sometimes for weeks without stopping, with no crashes.

Loewchen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Loewchen »

RickJS wrote:
Fri Jan 14, 2022 12:50 am
I am not aware of ever having Direct3D crashes. I.m not sure where the control you are referring to is: in Factorio settings, or in Windows?
RickJS wrote:
Wed Aug 05, 2020 7:56 pm
I had to go to OpenGL to get it to run at all. After applying various updates to drivers and Windows, the intermittent crashes stopped.
:roll:

RickJS
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by RickJS »

I had forgotten that.

new crash, this time it took down Windows, which then apparently looped trying to gather data; I had to power-cycle it.
Attachments
factorio-current.log
factorio-current.log
(66.16 KiB) Downloaded 80 times

Loewchen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Loewchen »

The crash is the same. You had almost no available memory when you started this session and ran out at some point when saving.

RickJS
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by RickJS »

Thanks!

Return to “1 / 0 magic”