Unreachable items

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

BlueTemplar
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Distance limit: a very bad design choice

Post by BlueTemplar »

Yeah, depending on the situation, you're going to care either more about max range, or the number of tiles (and therefore entities) covered. And the % increase in range is easy to directly see from 6 => 10.
BobDiggity (mod-scenario-pack)

Dixi
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Dixi »

I think there is no reason to discuss range of "hand reach" again and any more. We can consider it a developer choice. For anyone who dislike existence of this limitation, there are a lot of easy choices: console commands, no physical body mode, several mods. Pick any of listed methods, that suit your goals best, but don't raise a discussion about "longer reach" in core game, let it be as it exist now.

shopt
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by shopt »

What? You mean my totally legit strategy of radar and power pole creeping to 3 chunks away from a nest, and then placing landmines in the nest, all from the safety of my base, is cheating? Or maybe I should be placing turrets and stocking them with ammo from the safety of my base, that sounds legit too.

To be a bit less facetious, you could probably apply the reach limit on all "military" items and repair packs, tough that still leaves open cheese like an instant, remote furnace-wall, and instantly replenishing destroyed bots.

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Unreachable items

Post by Koub »

[Koub] Merged into older topic on the same subject.

Also related :
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=87011
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=71513

I'll admit I like the fact that I have different experiences when I play in sandbox/god mode and when I play in Free play. I had the same opinion that unlimited reach was a better thing, but once I started using long reach mod, I changed my mind and stopped using it.
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

ptx0
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Unreachable items

Post by ptx0 »

Koub wrote:
Fri Jan 14, 2022 7:10 am
[Koub] Merged into older topic on the same subject.

Also related :
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=87011
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=71513

I'll admit I like the fact that I have different experiences when I play in sandbox/god mode and when I play in Free play. I had the same opinion that unlimited reach was a better thing, but once I started using long reach mod, I changed my mind and stopped using it.
you must build teeny-tiny maps.

recently, the developers added map manipulation so we can place blueprints from further away. progress.

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”