[1.1.50] Crash using upgrade planner in multiplayer (EntityPrototype::create)

Place for things which are bugs but we have no idea how to solve them. Things related to hardware, libraries, strange setups, etc.
mice-stro
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

[1.1.50] Crash using upgrade planner in multiplayer (EntityPrototype::create)

Post by mice-stro »

Upgrade planner crashed my game while trying to right click.
i was joined into a multiplayer game and tried to downgrade, outright crashing on my end but not the host.
Screenshot 2022-01-07 151941.png
Screenshot 2022-01-07 151941.png (436.5 KiB) Viewed 1195 times
factorio-current.log
(38.03 KiB) Downloaded 126 times

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [1.1.50] Crash using upgrade planner in multiplayer (EntityPrototype::create)

Post by Rseding91 »

Thanks for the report. Have you been able to reproduce this crash? Looking into the logic I'm not quite sure what went wrong but being able to reproduce it locally would help a lot.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

mice-stro
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: [1.1.50] Crash using upgrade planner in multiplayer (EntityPrototype::create)

Post by mice-stro »

Rseding91 wrote:
Sat Jan 08, 2022 4:03 pm
Thanks for the report. Have you been able to reproduce this crash? Looking into the logic I'm not quite sure what went wrong but being able to reproduce it locally would help a lot.
i have not been able to reproduce this, but my router has been having "first connect" issues. (meaning that the connection is completely stable, but needs 6 or 7 attempts to connect first) would a dropped packet for upgrade planner commands cause this? i know that every game is instanced and then synced, but i read the message on his screen and i only desynced, i wasn't rejected for modified files.

Return to “1 / 0 magic”