Mod Categories

Ideas that are too old (too many things have changed since) and ones which won't be implemented for certain reasons or if there are obviously better suggestions.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

Epb7304
Inserter
Inserter

Mod Categories

Post by Epb7304 »

TL;DR
Mods should be able to be sorted by a certain category, like QoL, Cheat, etc.

What ?
Mods should be divided into different categories that are easy to search and download/enable

a few possible categories could be: QoL Cheat Production Power Combat Overhaul etc.
Why ?
this suggestion is for those players who have really large mod lists or are looking for a particular kind of mod in the browser

FuryoftheStars
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Mod Categories

Post by FuryoftheStars »

So basically, have the mod categories from the mod portal carry over to the in game mod manager?
My Mods: Classic Factorio Basic Oil Processing | Sulfur Production from Oils | Wood to Oil Processing | Infinite Resources - Normal Yield | Tree Saplings (Redux) | Alien Biomes Tweaked | Restrictions on Artificial Tiles

Dmytrozern
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Dmytrozern »

What's wrong with current categories? They live under "Install" tab in the top left corner of the window.
Mostly a vanilla player. Enjoy extreme railworld deathworlds with a 5x+ tech price.

FuryoftheStars
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by FuryoftheStars »

Dmytrozern wrote:
Fri Dec 31, 2021 10:53 pm
What's wrong with current categories? They live under "Install" tab in the top left corner of the window.
Derp... I forgot that was there! :lol: However, I think the OP want's that on the first tab as well for sorting to enable mods.
My Mods: Classic Factorio Basic Oil Processing | Sulfur Production from Oils | Wood to Oil Processing | Infinite Resources - Normal Yield | Tree Saplings (Redux) | Alien Biomes Tweaked | Restrictions on Artificial Tiles

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

That makes no sense, because - as said - there is already a way to filter that out.

Moved to won’t implement
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

Return to “Outdated/Not implemented”