Building the Main Bus

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
GreenTeaKinase
Inserter
Inserter

Building the Main Bus

Post by GreenTeaKinase »

Hello all, I was wondering if any of you that experiment with the bus style of building have any suggestions for late game issues with throughput?

astroshak
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Building the Main Bus

Post by astroshak »

Belts are limited in throughout. The only way to really deal with throughput issues on the bus is to use faster belts or use more belts.

This is a big part of the reason most advise to only build on one side of the bus; you can then widen it as needed.

Bots are a shorter distance option, and trains are the only real long distance option (they move a lot more than bots or belts can). Sending raw materials for processing into plates or GC (or other refined materials) store delivery to the bus may help, but again, that means more belts.

coppercoil
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by coppercoil »

Don't put green/red/blue circuit production on the main bus, make separate expandable bus for them. Circuits consume lots of bus lines when factory grows.

GreenTeaKinase
Inserter
Inserter

Post by GreenTeaKinase »

Okay, I figured so. normally to increase throughput I either make faster belts or I make sure I'm cramming as much crap into the belt as I can, so the items make it down the belt past the machines using them, for example, copper plates. I don't have enough mining drills to increase ore throughput to the smelteries, so I'm going to have to make a separate mine and use trains to transport the ore to my smelteries to maximize ore throughput, which will allow me to expand the smeltery size. More ore, more furnaces, more plates. I need all the plates because I just got to low density plate production, which uses a lot of copper plates. I'll include screenshots in a later post, as I'm on a work computer right now and can't play Factorio.

Oh, and I haven't even messed with green/red circuits yet.

Return to “Gameplay Help”